Blazers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like how George Karl was wearing the throwback jersey over his turtleneck tonight...did he wear that the whole game...anyone know?

also i saw a pretty nasty slow down KMart that i would like to see again...Nene had one with authority as well...enough were they could pose for the cameras...

Washington is NOT playing good ball right now...dunno whats going on there...??

Crvena Zvezda said:
Speaking of Denver.
I heard a rumour that The GM of Denver LOVES Mobley and apparently wanted to work out a deal involing Nene
If we can get Nene and filler for Mobley in a sign and trade I would do it in a heart beat.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
I don't really understand the love Nene gets, I just plain don't see it. I wouldn't do that trade.
I have been a Nene critic to a certain degree -- besides the single name stupidity (which pisses me off on principle -- speaks to me of pretty boy prima donnaism) he has never boarded enough nor been much of a shotblocker. People claim he plays physically, but its all on offense.

Now that said, my opinion of him has gone up this year. Seen some real skill and potential to put together a Webb-like game. Ball handling and feel for the game are very high for such a big man. And you have to love the size. Would trade Cat for him in a heartbeat on potential alone. Cat is Cat -- pretty good OG, but as good as he's going to be and with a number of weaknesses. Nene though...22 and still has a chance to be a star. And a BIG star (as in physically). Be well worth the risk. At the very worst you would get back a very strong frontcourt reserve. If he blossoms at all you have a big strong potentially star level PF.

Bricklayer said:
I have been a Nene critic to a certain degree -- besides the single name stupidity (which pisses me off on principle -- speaks to me of pretty boy prima donnaism) he has never boarded enough nor been much of a shotblocker. People claim he plays physically, but its all on offense.

Now that said, my opinion of him has gone up this year. Seen some real skill and potential to put together a Webb-like game. Ball handling and feel for the game are very high for such a big man. And you have to love the size. Would trade Cat for him in a heartbeat on potential alone. Cat is Cat -- pretty good OG, but as good as he's going to be and with a number of weaknesses. Nene though...22 and still has a chance to be a star. And a BIG star (as in physically). Be well worth the risk. At the very worst you would get back a very strong frontcourt reserve. If he blossoms at all you have a big strong potentially star level PF.
Tend to agree, althogh I suspect he will never have a "break out" season... but would be jsut the guy you want palying in tandem with Skinner at the 4.

AleksandarN said:
anyone else think Pedja and Bibby are on thier last legs. They need to rest serious burnout
I think Peja has had quite enough rest thankyou very much! ;) But on that note...GO KINGS! GREAT WIN TONIGHT GUYS!!!

Last edited:
HndsmCelt said:
Ok I get the obscure Top Gun quote but Im not sure what context it comes from
PS folks my posting is hampered by a tragic kitchen accident that burned my left thumb and forfinger... the things I do to bake!
Why were you trying to bake your kitten?

Trying to top my cat-in-the-dryer story from last night??

GoGoGadget said:
Why were you trying to bake your kitten?

Trying to top my cat-in-the-dryer story from last night??
Baked a CAKE... and as someone who's former cat DID take a fatal spin the the dryier I thank you reviving the trauma... long and prety horrible story. But fear not BOTH my cats are fine tonight and were NOT baked... although the white one did sample some choclate mud cake and got pretty messy in the process.

HndsmCelt said:
Baked a CAKE... and as someone who's former cat DID take a fatal spin the the dryier I thank you reviving the trauma... long and prety horrible story. But fear not BOTH my cats are fine tonight and were NOT baked... although the white one did sample some choclate mud cake and got pretty messy in the process.
YOU!!!! You...are dangerous!!!!

You can be my wingman anytime!:cool:

Heuge said:
My first trip back to Acro in 12 years......it was nice to get a win.
I'm glad they could win it for you!.....Somehow whenever I go home to visit I always end up at a Kings/Blazers game and it's always a good one! So I have to say GO KINGS! GREAT GAME! And thankyou to the Blazers for losing! :p

HndsmCelt said:
I am honored

unless the motivation is the mistaken belife that a man who bakes and ahs 2 cats makes you look macho by comparison ;)
Nah, I saw people swapping Top Gun quotes and I wanted to join in on the fun. I don't own any cats (or any other pets) but I can bake some mean chocolate chips cookies from scratch!:D (the secret is unsalted butter)

Almost! We came close to setting the new NBA mark for TO's in a game. We had 2 there for awhile. Ended up with 4. I was rooting to atleast tie the record we had with 3 with a few other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.