Baja's final 2019 Mock Draft: Yi Pi!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
OK, here goes! Bear in mind that this isn't how I think the draft will go, but how I think it should go. I've taken the time, now that we have the draft order, to look at every team and see whose a restricted or unrestricted free agent. I also tried to take into account each teams style of play, and who I think would be the best fit, based on position, and talent. This is much easier in the first round, but in the 2nd round, many times there are multiple players playing the same position with fairly equal talent.

If I've omitted a player, it's because I think that player is going back to school. In some cases, if I thought it was a 50/50 scenario, I left the player in to be drafted, or not! That could change between now and the draft. So, without further ado, here's my very opinionated mock draft.

1. Pelicans: Zion Williamson, 6'6", 272 Lb's, SF/PF. Easy choice. Best player in the draft, until someone proves otherwise. Literally a freak of nature.

2. Grizzleys: Ja Morant, 6'3", 170 Lb's, PG. Considered the best PG in the draft. Needs to keep looking over his shoulder for Garland.

3. Knicks: R J Barrett, 6'7", 208 Lb's, SF. Very talented player who can shoot it, drive it, and pass it. 4 years from now, maybe he's the best player in this draft.

4. Lakers: Darius Garland, 6'3", 173 Lb's, PG. This is who the Lakers should take, but they'll probably screw it up. This kid was terrific until injured.

5. Cav's: DeAndre Hunter, 6'8", 222 Lb's, SF. Terrific defensive player who has a lot more than he's shown.

6. Sun's: Jarrett Culver, 6'7", 195 Lb's, SF/SG. Good all around player who can bring the ball up. He's sort of a Swiss army knife type player.

7. Bulls: Cam Reddish, 6'9", 205 Lb's, SF. Supremely talented player. Could be an all star if he has the desire.

8. Hawks: Sekou Doumbouya, 6'9", 210 Lb's, SF/PF. Sekou has been having a breakout year. Great athlete with tremendous potential.

9. Wizards: Coby White, 6'5", 191 Lb's, PG/SG. Insurance in case they want to trade Beal. White can play either position.

10. Hawks: Jaxon Hayes, 7'0", 220 Lb's, Center. Hawks get a young center to pair in the front court with John Collins.

11. Timberwolves: P J Washington, 6'8", 223 Lb's, SF/PF. Washington can score inside and out, he rebounds, and he's a very good defender.

12. Hornets: Bol Bol, 7'2", 222 Lb's, Center. Your not going to win anything with Zeller at center. Bol can put the ball in the basket and stretch the floor. Yeah, he's a risk!

13. Heat: Kevin Porter, 6'6", 217 Lb's, SF/SG. He's a bit of a head case, but Miami is good with those type of players. Porter is loaded with star potential.

14. Celtics: Brandon Clarke, 6'8", 210 Lb's, PF. Great defender and shot blocker. Could be special if he can develop a consistent 3 pt shot.

15. Pistons: Nassir Little, 6'6", 215 Lb's, SF/SG. Little is a player that will be a better NBA player than he was a college player. Loads of potential.

16. Magic: Tyler Herro, 6'5", 193 Lb's, SG. Gives them another shooter and ball handler, and insurance against Fournier leaving after next season.

17. Net's: Rui Hachimura, 6'9", 234 Lb's, PF/SF. DeMarre Carroll will be an unrestricted free agent, and will be 33 years old. Rui can play two positions.

18. Pacers: Goga Bitadze, 6'11", 251 Lb's, Center. Turner and Sabonis are better suited for the PF position. Bitadze fit's as a center who can pass and shoot the three.

19. Spur's: Cameron Johnson, 6'9", 210 Lb's, PF/SF. Johnson was likely born in a Spur's jersey. Terrific shooter with great BBIQ.

20. Celtics: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, 6'6", 200 Lb's, PG/SG. Gives Boston something they don't need, another young player to develop. Insurance at the PG position.

21. Thunder: Keldon Johnson, 6'6", 210 Lb's, SF/SG. Gives the Thunder another player that can score from the perimeter and defend.

22. Celtics: Matisse Thybulle, 6'6", 201 Lb's, SG. Gives Boston insurance against losing Smart. Thybulle is considered the best defender in college.

23. Jazz: Mfiondu Kabengele, 6'10", 256 Lb's, PF/C. Gives the Jazz insurance against losing Favors. I love this kid and think he'll be a star.

24. 76'ers: Romeo Langford, 6'6", 202 Lb's, SG. He had an up and down season, but, with Redick probably gone, he's great insurance for the future.

25. Blazers: Talen Horton-Tucker, 6'4", 239 Lb's, SG/SF. Unique player with a huge wingspan who can play and defend multiple positions.

26. Cav's: Grant Williams, 6'7", 241 Lb's, SF/PF. Williams would have gone higher if he was a bit more athletic. He brings a lot of intangibles, and is a winner.

27. Net's: K Z Okpala, 6'9", 210 Lb's, SF. Had a solid but not spectacular season at Stanford. I think he'll be a better pro than a college player.

28. Warriors: Lugentz Dort, 6'5", 224 Lb's, SG. He came on strong toward the end of the season. Needs developing, but the Warriors are good at developing players.

29. Spurs: Luka Samanic, 6'11", 227 Lb's, PF. Perfect fit on the Spurs who love international players.

30. Bucks: Ty Jerome, 6'5", 200 Lb's, PG/SG. Tough hard nosed competitor that can play on or off the ball. Good passer and defender. Good BBIQ...

Round 2 following:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Round two: This is where it gets fun...

31. Net's: Bruno Fernando, 6'10", 240 Lb's, PF/C. Gives the Net's a young physical player to either pair with, or back up Jarrett Allen.

32. Sun's: Carson Edwards, 6'0", 196 Lb's, PG. A bit undersized, but probably the best PG available. Gives the another scorer to help Booker.

33. 76'ers: Chuma Okeke, 6'8", 230 Lb's, PF/SF. Just too talented to pass up at this point, injury or not.

34. 76'ers: Dylan Windler: 6'7.5", 200 Lb's, SF. Great shooter who is unselfish, and can play off the ball. Terrific rebounder for his position.

35. Hawks: Eric Paschall, 6'7", 254 Lb's, SF/PF. Versatile player who can play multiple positions. He's a very deceptive athlete.

36. Hornets: Louis King, 6'9", 205 Lb's, SF. College five star athlete who really came on strong as the season progressed.

37. Mav's: Nic Claxton, 6'11", 220 Lb's, Center. Don't know for sure if he stays in the draft, but if so, it's a no brain decision for the Mav's.

38. Bull's: Daniel Gafford, 6'11", 233 Lb's, Center. Gives the Bulls some depth at the center position behind Carter.

39. Pelicans: Admiral Schofield, 6'5.5", 241 Lbs, SG/SF. They need a player who can step in and play right now. Schofield fills that bill.

40. Kings: Darius Bazley, 6'9", 208 Lb's, SF/PF. Bazley is all potential, who gives the Kings some depth and size at the SF position.

41. Hawk's: Joshua Obiesie, 6'6.5", 192 Lb's, PG/SG. He fits the Hawk's youth movement and gives them some size at backup PG.

42. 76'ers: Jontay Porter, 6'11", 240 Lb's, PF/C. With this many picks, why not? He could end up being the steal of the draft.

43. T-Wolves: Jalen McDaniels, 6'10", 195 Lb's, SF. Rail thin, but talented. Rebounds well despite lack of strength. Good athlete who can shoot.

44. Hawk's: Ignas Brazdeikis, 6'7.25", 220 Lb's, SF. Plays like a bull in a china shop at times, but has potential to be a rotational player, maybe more.

45. Pistons: Shamorie Ponds, 6'1", 175 Lb's, PG. Terrific ballhandler with a lot of shake and bake. Sometimes too much, but he's talented.

46. Magic: Isaiah Roby, 6'8.5", 214 Lb's, SF/PF. Real hustle player who can shoot it a little. Has a nose for the basketball. Good athlete.

47. Kings: DaQuan Jeffries, 6'5", 230 Lb's, SG/SF. Very good athlete with huge hands, and a huge wingspan who can guard multiple positions.

48. Clippers: Deividas Sirvydis, 6'9", 215 Lb's, SF. He had an up and down season. Lost his shot at one point, but there's talent there.

49. Spurs: Brian Bowen, 6'7.5", 200 Lb's, SF. Bowen acquitted himself well at the combine, and played his way into the 2nd rd.

50. Pacers: Tremont Waters, 5'11", 172 Lb's, PG. The Pacers are likely to lose Collison, so why not replace one diminutive PG with another?

51. Celtics: Jaylen Hoard, 6'8", 215 Lb's, PF. Hoard is a good athlete with a nose for the ball. Good rebounder. Offense needs some work.

52. Hornets: Jalen Pickett, 6'4", 190 Lbs, PG. Pickett averaged just a tick under 7 assists a game, and 2 steals a game. Played well at the combine.

53. Jazz: Justin Robinson, 6'2", 195 Lb's, PG. Justin shot close to 42% from the three while averaging 5 apg and 1.6 spg a game for Virginia Tech.

54. 76'ers: Naz Reid, 6'10", 240 Lb's, PF. Reid has a lot of holes in his game, but he's too talented to pass on at this point.

55. Knicks: Dedric Lawson, 6'9", 235 Lb's, PF. Hurt himself at the combine with a poor performance, but you can't deny his results at Kansas.

56. Clippers: Zylan Cheatham, 6'8", He rebounded the hell out of the ball, and showed the beginning of 3 pt shot.

57. Pelicans: Terance Mann, 6'6.5", 205 Lb's, SF/SG. Played well at the combine and shot the 3 well his past season. He has a chance.

58. Warriors: Quinndary Weatherspoon, 6'4", 204 Lb's, SG. He fits right into the Warriors run and gun offense. He can really light it up at times.

59. Raptors: Miye Oni, 6'6", 210 Lb's, SG/SF. A bit undersized for the SF position, but with a 6'11" wingspan. Good 3 pt shooter and rebounder.

60. Kings: Kyle Guy, 6'2.25", 167 Lb's, PG. Guy is a terrific shooter, even with a hand in his face. He measured better than expected at the combine, and did well in the agility drills as well with a 36" max vertical. He needs to get stronger, and work on his passing skills. but I really like him.

Well, that's, that's all folks!

Nicely done!

Good to see Q Weatherspoon on there.

Nic Claxton is IN!

If the board fell like that, I would probably take Tremont Waters with the 2nd pick over Jeffries, also Jaylen Hoard seems like great value in the 40's to me.

This would be a jackpot scenario for the Kings tho, Bazley and Kyle Guy are tremendous value at those spots. I think Bazley has a pretty good shot at going in the 1st rd, I think the Jazz should take him with their pick tbh.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Nicely done!

Good to see Q Weatherspoon on there.

Nic Claxton is IN!

If the board fell like that, I would probably take Tremont Waters with the 2nd pick over Jeffries, also Jaylen Hoard seems like great value in the 40's to me.

This would be a jackpot scenario for the Kings tho, Bazley and Kyle Guy are tremendous value at those spots. I think Bazley has a pretty good shot at going in the 1st rd, I think the Jazz should take him with their pick tbh.
I'm not a fan of 5'11" PG's. Besides, I really like the defensive possibilities that Jeffries brings. He's a terrific athlete with an insane wingspan. If he can become a consistent shooter, you have a real player on your hands. I like Hoard, but I like Roby better. I don't see Hoard getting above 50. Dude can't shoot!

kb02

All-Star
Pretty certain Bazely's stock has risen enough for him to go as high as a mid first. 6'9 lefty, long, with decent handles already iis ntriguing for teams.

Think Johntay Porter will drop--#60 or undrafted. Injuries.

BPA @ 40.

Jalen Lecque at #47.

Kris Wilkes @ 60.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Pretty certain Bazely's stock has risen enough for him to go as high as a mid first. 6'9 lefty, long, with decent handles already iis ntriguing for teams.

Think Johntay Porter will drop--#60 or undrafted. Injuries.

BPA @ 40.

Jalen Lecque at #47.

Kris Wilkes @ 60.
Wilkes is talented enough to go higher than that, but you could be right. He definitely under-preformed this past season. But then, no one at UCLA lived up to expectations, so it could have been his environment.