Anyone see Gonzaga beat Duke last night in Maui?

This was a defensive war. Both teams ran the floor and extended the defense. They double teamed, they pressed. Holy Cow. A lot of future NBA stars in action. They still scored in the high 80s. Very impressive.

Yes, saw it! And also saw Zags beat Zona semi-final. Duke entered final ranked #1 and Gonzaga #3 in the nation so expected barn burner and definitely got it in very exciting Maui Invitational.

Oh yeah. That was a signature win. Blocked them to smithereens in the closing minutes, I'm not sure If I've ever seen anything quite like that tbh.

I thought Petrusev played very well and actually presents a matchup issue for Duke, and he helpd them get off to a good start in the 2nd half but Few stuck with his upperclassman and they came thru.

Rui was great but as far as I'm concerned Brandon Clarke stole the show.

Plus Killian Tillie one of their top guns didn't even play...

The levels of hype ESPN was giving that Duke team, undefeated, could beat the cavs, thats crazy-talk, shame on them.

Duke has immense talent, it's not evenly allocated though, 4 of their top 5 recruits this season are 6'7".. and a true team that plays big can make it look like that...

Once Oregon gets Lou King back they are a potential nightmare matchup for Duke too..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Oh yeah. That was a signature win. Blocked them to smithereens in the closing minutes, I'm not sure If I've ever seen anything quite like that tbh.

I thought Petrusev played very well and actually matches up with Duke well, and he helpd them get off to a good start in the 2nd half but Few stuck with his upperclassman and they came thru.

Rui was great but as far as I'm concerned Brandon Clarke stole the show.
Yeah, I was actually surprised by Clarke. He got my attention. I also think Few has a good one in Petrusev. I don't know where he keeps finding these guys, but it seems almost every year he brings in a freshman big that can play. Gonzaga winning didn't surprise me since I have them in my final four, but I wouldn't have been surprised if Duke had won either. At the end of the day, it was experience over youth. Think about this, Gonzaga did it without one of its best players, Tillie.

Yeah, I was actually surprised by Clarke. He got my attention. I also think Few has a good one in Petrusev. I don't know where he keeps finding these guys, but it seems almost every year he brings in a freshman big that can play. Gonzaga winning didn't surprise me since I have them in my final four, but I wouldn't have been surprised if Duke had won either. At the end of the day, it was experience over youth. Think about this, Gonzaga did it without one of its best players, Tillie.
Petrusev kinda reminds me of a Zeller brother..

I used to live eastern Washington. My brother was born there. My Dad used to teach a Eastern WA U.
Now Gonzaga is in the spotllight beating Duke. WSU is playing some great football in tiny out of the way Martin Stadium.
Good times in eastern Washington.
Today is the Apple Cup. But alas, I am a third generation Husky. Go Dawgs.