Another Reason to Hate Monty

Apparently he was going on about how much "Matt Barnes sucks", to the point where Barne's dad called in and blasted him.

Seriously, is this how desperate KHTK has become? Did anyone hear the show? I just heard story on The Rise Guys, because I do pretty much whatever I can to avoid Monty's show first hand.

AceKingSuited said:
Apparently he was going on about how much "Matt Barnes sucks", to the point where Barne's dad called in and blasted him.

Seriously, is this how desperate KHTK has become? Did anyone hear the show? I just heard story on The Rise Guys, because I do pretty much whatever I can to avoid Monty's show first hand.
His whole point was that the Kings are in trouble if Matt Barnes is one of their top reserves because he is basically a journeyman and hasn't done anything in the NBA. He just said it the wrong way and then it all went downhill from there.

First off, lemme say I *really* dislike Monty. I simply won't listen if he is on, and that has actually led me to listening to khtk less in general.
Secondly, lemme say that I don't think he isn't intelligent or that he doesn't have good points or takes.
But he insists on making his points in bombastic and extreme ways. I was listening to him rail against someone/something early on once, and then, maybe while attempting to catch his breath (and you could almost 'see' him stop waving his arms), he calmly said 2 or 3 sentences, and I thought "Oh, I see what he's getting at." Maybe it's my shortcoming for not being able to get passed his feigning style or maybe he doesn't come across clearly when he's trying to drive things towards being a Jerry Springer episode, but in the end I choose to walk.
But he must draw more than he pushes away if he's still around...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ryle said:
His whole point was that the Kings are in trouble if Matt Barnes is one of their top reserves because he is basically a journeyman and hasn't done anything in the NBA. He just said it the wrong way and then it all went downhill from there.
I would have agreed with him before this season (although calling a 2nd year player a journeyman is a bit tough). But how you could put down Matt Barnes' ability after the way he's played so far this season is beyond me. He may come down to earth. He may not. But right now he IS a top reserve.

Journeyman? It shows that Monty doesn't know his stuff. Barnes graduated from UCLA in '02 - the same year that Songaila graduated from Wake Forest. And he's 2 years younger than Darius. Barnes is second year player with only a handful of games.
Yes the Kings have a bunch of young players. It's not exactly like we are getting nostalgic over Anthony Peeler here.

It was on the (1st hr of) Saturday "Insiders show"...I caught bits of pieces of it. Monty was going off (talking nonsense) on the Kings, what he precieved as the downfall of the Kings-the lack of production from the bench.

A member of Matt's family called and said how could you say he "sucks" etc..

People are people here, some like to hear his opinions, others don't. Its all in how you take it in. I think he uses strong words just to open some eyes. I don't think he considers Barnes to suck, but he thinks that compared to other teams that position could best be suited for someone with more veteran skills in order to compete. I do agree with him somewhat, but its only 3 games and I think Barnes deserves a little more time to prove himself. Hes done it against Dallas and has been a decent support player. If anyone was to suck is me, but don't tell an NBA player they suck cuz they making the NBA is special and you need obvious skills to make it.

Its a bit funny that someone should criticize barnes, because I actually saw him as one of the really few good things that we saw in the first 3 games. In the limited time that he has played he looked really good.

:confused: