American Idol 2009! Rank your favorites!

pdx energy standings (tm)
1. Adam
2. Allison
-gap-
3. Kris
4. Matt
5. Anoop
6. Danny
7. Lil
-mega gap-
8. Megan
9. Scott

Megan was far and away the worst this week but I will give her a minor nudge over Scott overall. Both need to go home ASAP. Double elimination please.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
1: Allison
2: Danny
3: Matt
4: Lambert -- And it pains me to put him this high. No denying talent, but his voice is just so high and off-putting, at least IM(and only mine, apparently)O...
5: Lil
6: Anoop
7: Kris ---Never stands out to me...Just seems like fodder.
8: Scott
9: Megan

Purple Reign's Power Ranking
1. Danny Gokey
2. Adam Lambert
3. Matt Giraud
4. Lil Rounds
5. Allison Iraheta
6. Anoop Desai
7. Kris Allen
8. Megan Joy
9. Scott McIntyre

Haven't seen all the episodes this season, but Adam is a mile ahead of the next contender. He's got the entire package - big talent, looks and charisma. Just give him the title now! :D

The absolute worst, IMHO, is the hot blond with the tacky tattoo sleeve - she can't freakin' sing but the voters must like her package.

KingsFans.com American Idol Power Ranking - Week #3

KingsFans.com American Idol Power Ranking - Week #3
1. Adam Lambert - 68 (6 first place vote)

2. Allison Iraheta - 61 (1)
3. Danny Gokey - 52 (1)
4. Matt Giraud - 51
5. Lil Rounds - 37
6. Anoop Desai - 35
7. Kris Allen - 33
8. Scott McIntyre - 13
9. Megan Joy - 11

Completely underwhelmed tonight. I guess I will give the nod of the night to Kris if only because he got the pimp spot and the judges gave him the praise that he has deserved for a while now.

Mean comment warning:
Apparently all the songs about dead relatives couldn't get cleared last week (his suckiness had nothing to do with ignoring a legend's advice) but the Danny we know and love is back baby!

Allison did not work for me tonight. The guitar was a horrible distraction and what's the point when she throws it behind her back 30 seconds in? It totally took away from her normal stage polish which is one of the best things about her. Also I'm sorry but this song was written for Gwen's sweet voice and not a husky voice. Didn't work.

Adam's song was pretty boring compared to the last few weeks. Competent but didn't wow me.

Scott does Billy Joel ok, sadly this isn't a Billy Joel impersonator contest.

Lil, Matt and Anoop were all pretty forgetable for me.

Megan... doesn't get it.

Bottom 3: Megan, Lil, Anoop.

Should go home: Megan. Will go home: Anybody's guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Anoop or Matt instead.

Ryan

I like turtles
1) Kris
Watch out for this kid...talk about being the next John Mayer
2) Adam
The only one who I would pay to see
3) Danny
Love the guy but he won't sell records

:::and the rest::::

4) Matt
Tried too much to be like The Fray
5)Allison
Apparently she can only sing one type of song.
6) Lil
blah blah she picked a safe song and she's not showing any range
7) Scott
Boring.
8) Megan
She actually has a unique voice but she needs learn how to control it.
9) Anoop
Trying to be a RMB artist?? Seriously?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I finally got caught up with my DVR recordings from yesterday, and will watch the vote off after the Kings game. All I know for sure is that Megan has no redeeming value left whatsoever. She, Anoop and Scott are just taking up valuable time when we could be listening to people who actually have a chance. And Lil has not done anything to prove her case. Adam continues to impress me with his courage and his flair. Allison didn't impress me much, so I'd put Adam and Danny at the top of the chart with the rest a big shuffle. I just don't think Kris can hold his own on a continuing basis but I sure wouldn't mind being proved wrong...

I think tonight is the night Megan finally goes home...

pdx energy standings (tm)
1. Adam
-gap-
2. Allison
3. Kris
-gap-
4. Danny
-gap-
5. Matt
6. Lil
7. Anoop
8. Scott

I think Megan had been burned out for weeks, knew she didn't fit in and wanted to get back to her kid, she seemed so relieved to be gone and had some fun tonight. I think if she had some training she could do something but she should have done that before auditioning for idol since her 15 minutes are up.

I removed the mega gap because at this point Lil, Anoop and Scott are all also rans. I think Matt will eventually go before all three of them exit, but he's better than they are too.

I forgot to mention last night at the risk of sounding like a broken record, they really need to go back to live singing the group sings. If they insist on lip synching give them some coaching on how to do it properly. It was sad to see Scott singing into a microphone 3 feet to the side of his face. I know I'm not their target audience but this really makes me skeptical of what the tour has in store this year.

Also the blonde Amy Winehouse chick with the bubbly piano... awesome, at least until she started dancing like a spazz. That's when lip synching is appropriate. As for David Cook, is he writing these tunes or having someone write them for him? They are awful and he didn't seem to have his heart into singing it. But he did seem genuinely appreciative accepting the platinum record.

Ryan

I like turtles
But he did seem genuinely appreciative accepting the platinum record.
Getting a platinum record in a frame like that isn't that big of a deal. They are handed out to all the radio stations, record labels, etc. It wasn't so much of a gift as it was an advertising stunt to show people that his record went platinum.

Getting a platinum record in a frame like that isn't that big of a deal. They are handed out to all the radio stations, record labels, etc. It wasn't so much of a gift as it was an advertising stunt to show people that his record went platinum.
I know that - I meant when he acknowledged that before Idol he made a record that only sold 1000 copies and since Idol he sold a million he seemed genuinely appreciative about it. I bet the 1000 copy album has better music though.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I know that - I meant when he acknowledged that before Idol he made a record that only sold 1000 copies and since Idol he sold a million he seemed genuinely appreciative about it. I bet the 1000 copy album has better music though.
1000 copy record indeed kicks the tar out of it.

KingsFans.com American Idol Power Ranking - Week #4
1. Adam Lambert - 32 (4 first place vote)

2. Danny Gokey - 26
3. Allison Iraheta - 21
4. Matt Giraud - 18
5. Kris Allen - 19
6. Lil Rounds - 15
7. Anoop Desai - 9
8. Scott McIntyre - 4

NOTES
Lil Rounds has dropped like a rock from 3rd to 6th. i think she has sang well, but her stock is falling in this forum.

Adam Lambert in my opinion is the odds on favorite to win, unless he develops a case of larengitis:D.

Kris allen has risen as fast as Lil has fallen. From 11th at the bottom to 5th. Is he that good?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I just don't get the Adam Lambert love.

I liked his song. I thought he could pull it off with his high voice, I really thought this would be the song to suck me in.... But again Im just reaching for the mute. The high pitched whine at the end ruined it all even worse for me.

His voice is so darn high...
Ugh.

F you American Idol. I can deal when your stupid should be 5 minute who got booted show somehow runs over its one hour time allotment and I miss the bootee's going home montage... But I can't deal when you let the main show run over and the favorite's performance gets cut off my DVR recording.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
1. Danny - Stand by Me - Adequate but nowhere near as good as the judges thought it was. And he was off tune as much as he was on. 7

2. Kris - All She Wants to Do is Dance - Good lord. That was arguably one of the worst arrangements I've seen in the whole time AI has been on the air. And he didn't help it any. 5

3. Lil - What's Love Got to Do With It? - I hope Tina Turner wasn't around because she might just slap Lil for treating her song with so much disrespect. She was flat almost all the way through the song and just didn't show me anything remotely resembling American Idol caliber talent. But she was better than Kris. 6

4. Anoop - True Colors - Nice song choice. Anoop isn't going to win this but he earned some respect from me for his performance tonight. He clearly picked a song that would showcase his talent. 8

5. Scott - The Search is Over - Oh lord, shoot me now. He has to go. And I'm sorry but I started to giggle when he sang the "When I look into your eyes" line. I know, it's evil and I'm probably going to hell but I don't care. 2

6. Allison - I Can't Make you Love Me - Bonnie Raitt is one of my all-time favorites. I think Allison did a good job of this song, and didn't try to overwhelm the ballad. Nice job. 8

7. Matt - Part-Time Lover - I think he puts a little too much vibrato into his stylings but I do like him. And he put on a very good performance tonight. He won't win I don't think but he's gonna be around for a while longer. 9

8. Adam - Mad World - I picked him from the beginning and he keeps amazing me with the true depth of talent he draws from. He is incredible. 10

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Adam's performance of "Mad World"

Stupid freaking Fox.

EDIT: I just watched enough of it to know I am really mad at Fox. I wonder how many votes Adam is going to lose out on from people who watched after the show was over but while the phone lines were still open, which is what I usually do. I'm going to be very interested to see what, if anything, American Idol does to keep this from happening again. It's not like they don't know exactly how long their show runs and how long the commercials are. It's amazing that before DVR's they never used to go over and now it happens on a regular basis. Coincidence? I think not...

Last edited: