All of the trade possibilities that I have created! Must See!!!

Who should most be traded from the Kings?

• Total voters
T

thenewdustdust

stop this thread---this thread is awful

stop this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Very comprehensive there. However, in regards to your first few..... any trade moving Chris for guys who had the same surgery, make the same amount of money and HAVEN'T recovered as well as he has, not to mention are smaller really shouldn't even be considered as 'viable' IMO. Oh, and including SFM in any trade is a deal breaker.;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whoa. You spent a lot of time and effort. Unfortunately, I just don't have either to analyze ALL those possibilities. You could devote an entire message board just to discuss the various trades...

Webber and Doug for Antonio Davis, Chandler, and a non existant Eddie Robinson

Bibby for Mckie and Buckner

Webber and Bibby for A. Walker, A. Harrington, and J. Childress

You spent a whole lot of time for a whole lot of garbage

Last edited:
No offense, but almost 90% of those trades are rither:

1. For sure not gonna happen
2. The Maloofs wont let it happen
3. The trades are garbarge
4. The trades are unfair for the Kings
5. The trades areunfair for the other team

I know u spent a lot of time on these trades but I doubt any of them are gonna happen.

why you would trade webber for jason kidd is beyond me:confused: . and like you could trade chris webber anyway, his salary is way to expensive

I don't understand... Why does Webber need to be traded? Chris Webber is earning almost all of his salary with the way he is playing right now! He is averaging 20 10 5! There is no need to even THINK about trading him for some losers just to get rid of his salary. He is earning it... He's playing extremely well... Better than I could have ever expected.

BJax24 said:
why you would trade webber for jason kidd is beyond me:confused: . and like you could trade chris webber anyway, his salary is way to expensive
So is Kidd's salary....but I'm still against it.

Brad's gotta be the least likely to be traded in your scenario because out of 62...0 contain Miller (not to say that he should be...just an observation)

Some of these trade are let's just trade my starters for yours(never a good idea):

13.)Stojakovic, Bibby, and Christie for E. Robinson, T.Chandler, E. Curry, B. Gordon, K. Hinrich, and 1st round draft pick

35.)Webber, Bibby, Jackson, and Christie for M. Finley, J. Terry, E. Dampier, and M. Daniels

46.) Stojakovic, Bibby, Christie, Jackson, and Ostertag for M. Camby, A. Miller, E. Boykins, and C. Anthony

Any deal that involves FSM will be immediately shot down by Slim himself (word of warning)

Any deal that involves Antoine Walker or Drew Gooden, is immediately laughable IMO.

So I voted for what I did.

Last edited:
A bit of advice. Never present such a long and complex document to anyone, much less a bunch of strangers. Most people won't read more than a simple paragraph or two. Furthermore, you leave yourself open to unmitigated criticism by those unwilling to put forth such effort.

Take some time, go through your list and assess whether the prospective trade partners would have any reason, or initiative, or the ability, to make the prospective trade.

Narrow the list down to your best three possibilities. Perhaps, one of them will have serious merit. Perhaps, one of them will be a trade nobody has seriously considered. That, I assume, is the original goal of your work.

If you are very, very, insightful, perhaps you will have predicted Geoff Petrie's next trade move. You will have become like the creative fanatic portrayed by Mel Gibson in the movie Conspiracy Theory. Make a dramatic call-shot in january, and you may become the "king fan" of KingsFans.com. I have not seen anything terribly clever in some time. You might do it.

How good is this post really?

Ok so most of the trades should never have even been brought up much less exicuted but the one good thing about this post is the poll. I find the results so far real interesting. For the record more "Kings Fans" voted to trade someone(one of our 6 best players) than those that voted for no trade. 4 votes for Webb? 6 for Peja? Even 4 for Doug and 2 for Mike Bibby! Whats real funny to me is the guy most likely to be traded or let go (Bobby) didn't get any votes. For the record I voted for no one. I think our starting 5 is as good as anyone elses on any given night. I also think Bobby when healthy is the best 6th man in the game. Personally I think we need the starters to jell more and play better D. We also need a better,more complete 2nd unit(at least 4 guys deep) to carry us when the starters are off, or when we are just playing an elite team whose 2nd unit is really good so we can keep up. Bad trades ... Good poll.

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I don't think that now is the time to trade anyone. Ask again after the season, and postseason, are finished.

BTW - quick dog makes some excellent points. Too many of these trade ideas are not realistic for many reasons. See what you can do to come up with 3 or 4 that would make sense to both teams.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KP said:
For the record more "Kings Fans" voted to trade someone(one of our 6 best players) than those that voted for no trade.
There is no way to know if the people voting in the poll are, in fact, "Kings fans." Keep in mind we have a number of members who are fans of teams OTHER than the Kings...

;)

In addition, we have some members who are player fans more than team fans, and might actually be voting for a player simply because of factors quite different than team fans...

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
There is no way to know if the people voting in the poll are, in fact, "Kings fans." Keep in mind we have a number of members who are fans of teams OTHER than the Kings...

;)

In addition, we have some members who are player fans more than team fans, and might actually be voting for a player simply because of factors quite different than team fans...
Actually, in this case the poll is actually public, so you can see where everybody voted and draw your own conclusions about their motives. ;)

VF21 said:

;)

--True I kinda forgot about that, it's funny how many fans of other teams are so interested in the Kings!

Bricklayer said:
Actually, in this case the poll is actually public, so you can see where everybody voted and draw your own conclusions about their motives. ;)
Ahah! *writing down names...* I knew EvilMav was in there!
-- Where's your vote Brick?

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
Well that just takes the mystery right out of it, doesn't it???

:D

T

thenewdustdust

Clear some things up:

First of all, I don't endorse or support any of these trade ideas; they are strictly from thoughts and POSSIBLE trades. I know I recieved a lot of heat, but I don't want to offend anybody by including Webber and Peja as the centerpiece of the trade ideas. I am just going by the knowledge that Peja wants out and Webber recieved some boos last year. I listen to the radio programs and some callers are still questioning Webber's and Peja's personal battles that are playing into the effectiveness of their basketball play. Also, I didn't include Miller because he is one of the top 3 centers out in the league and Yao or Shaq would be included in a deal that could potentially move Miller. Finally, I didn't spend a lot of time and effort on this, so don't think that I carefully thought and planned these possibilities. I have nothing against the players and I only made this thread to help anybody who could see a list of trades that might be plausible. Hopefully, this will be the end of trade threads for a while.

Heuge said:
If by like you mean utterly detest the idea and find it only laughable, then I completely agree with you.
Peja is the weak link on this team. His game is soft, he can't rebound, play defense or go to the hoop hard. Further, he wilts in the face of tough defense and looses it in the playoffs when the game gets physical. All he does is light up weak teams. I would take just about anyone at this point. I'd rather see Barnes play.

profit said:
Peja is the weak link on this team. His game is soft, he can't rebound, play defense or go to the hoop hard. Further, he wilts in the face of tough defense and looses it in the playoffs when the game gets physical. All he does is light up weak teams. I would take just about anyone at this point. I'd rather see Barnes play.
I hear the Laker site is new and improved, why don't you go see what it is like over there.

profit said:
Have you seen his shot? He is the best shooter in the NBA. He is also a underrated defender. OK, i admit, his rebounding is off but that is all. Bibby is in the top 5 of pressure shots. We are getting alston who all he wants is minutes. That won't be good if he is teamed up with Bobby. Rose is a shooter which is all he does, which means Peja for Rose. Peja is a MUCH better shooter than Rose.