(3)Kings versus (6)Warriors Pre-Playoff Series Thread

Guess the end result.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does it seem like an eternity waiting for Game 1 !?!?
It does. With all the fluff pieces coming out, we have almost no news on what the team is actually doing to prepare for the series.

Sadly, I have to work on Saturday and will miss at least the first half of the game. My concern is that the team will come out too hyper (well, except for Keegan Murray) and let Golden State run up an early lead. Look for Coach Brown to call a couple of early timeouts in that case.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I think I agree that we come out hyper - how can you not? The entire Sacramento area is a powder keg right now. This is THE must-watch series of the first round.
If the hyper-activity results in focus; we blow the doors off the Warriors in game one. I think we all know what happens if we don't.

Saturday is going to be nuts. This one still doesn't come close to the 1996 Sonics game 3.

I’ve told the story a hundred times, but I won the lotto at bass ticket outlet and got 2 rows up from
Baseline. Buddy and I went. We lost our voices before tip off. I was 19. I got offer led 500 for each ticket on the spot. I turned it down (obviously).

I think another interesting aspect is who do the Warriors put Steph on? In a lot of there playoff runs, they've been able to sort of hide him on some no-offense wing. But you can't hide anybody on defense vs us.

I imagine GPII/Wiggins gets a majority of the work on Fox. Klay probably goes on Huerter, Dray goes on HB, which would leave Steph on Keegan. That'll be a match-up to really watch; we're probably going to need a few 20 point games from Keegan if he's the one who gets the mismatch.
Yeah Klay sure can foul the crap out of Huerter.

Haven't seen this much buzz on this forum in FOREVER!

Awesome season, unfortunately this is the matchup I wanted the least. I won't be too much of a negative Nancy, but I will be shocked if we advance. I'm just going to try to enjoy it.

Wish I could have made it to Sacramento for this. It has been my dream to make it there for our return to the playoffs. Hopefully we continue our upwards trend and maybe I can make it next year.

LIGHT THE BEAM!!!
Your comment made me wonder about how lively this forum was during our golden days! probably a different type of amazing

Your comment made me wonder about how lively this forum was during our golden days! probably a different type of amazing
It suprises me when a random poster shows up, but they have "all star" under their name or even a custom title. I think all star is like 10k posts. No idea what it took to get a custom title, i assume you have to have been here since day one or something.

It suprises me when a random poster shows up, but they have "all star" under their name or even a custom title. I think all star is like 10k posts. No idea what it took to get a custom title, i assume you have to have been here since day one or something.
A good way to see who has been around a while is if they were here before the website crashed in like 2006

A good way to see who has been around a while is if they were here before the website crashed in like 2006
I was around before then, just not active enough to make it through whatever happened. Had to remake this account, same name and email so defintly the old one was gone.

I rarely post these days due to adult stuff, but I've been here since 2005 (I was 13 when I joined). I used to post a lot more back then and through my school/college years. I still visit KF multiple times per day, it's a tab that's constantly open on my laptop and phone, I just don't often feel the need to post.

But I couldn't let this moment pass without stopping by. I am hyped, dude. 20+ years of Kings fandom from Europe is not easy, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of being a good team while I can.

Saturday can't come fast enough. I'll be watching from Ireland at 3am, think I'll be too excited to even get a nap in pre-game.

The secret weapon that none of the "Experts" are talking about is that Coach Brown knows the Warriors team inside and out. He knows all their strengths, weakness, tendencies, and their WHOLE dang playbook.

Heck, Brown won a bunch of playoff games for the Warriors during their championship run last year. There is litterally NO other coach in the NBA that has more knowledge on how to beat the Warriors than Brown. I expect him to use this knowledge to give the Kings a huge advantage.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The secret weapon that none of the "Experts" are talking about is that Coach Brown knows the Warriors team inside and out. He knows all their strengths and weakness and their WHOLE dang playbook.

Heck, Brown won a bunch of playoff games for the Warriors during their championship run last year. There is litterally NO other coach in the NBA that has more knowledge on how to beat the Warriors than Brown. I expect him to use this knowledge to give the Kings a huge advantage.
I'm sure much more superior Coach Kerr re-wrote the whole playbook this year though and Coach Brown (aka Coach Mid) won't know what hit him :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.