2022 Free Agent Targets

TJ Warren - Obviously injuries are key but if he’s healthy would bring defense and some floor spacing to the 3
Wherever he lands its gonna be interesting to see how Tony Buckets bounces back.. If his foot is 100% he could end up being a major steal. Its really a shame that he got hurt so bad because in his mid/late 20's he was really improving his 3pt shot and even his defense.

word is that LaVine back to the bulls is a done deal and they are just gonna sorta string out the mystery of it as i guess u could say a marketing ploy from his agent to gain him some more attention from other fanbases.
I believe it. Team is winning and he's a big part of it. Whatever doubts there were about him vanished after he signed that contract, never seemed to take an "welp, I got paid" vacation like many do. I never bought into him leaving as really being on the table other than as a negotiating ploy.

Just read this, great bit of information. Love the options we have in FA at wing, I’m hoping we add two of em.

Also just read that the Pistons are prepared to go get Malik Monk, and have the most cap space in the league. That would be a huge bummer for me, I want him pretty badly at our 2.

What's Lonnie Walker all about? Don't know too much about him
I don't really know much either but this season review from a Spurs site doesn't describe him as a must have. Link

Walker is just 23 years old, an elite athlete and someone who, despite a down year as a shooter, has connected on 34 percent of his three-pointers on a significant volume for his career. There’s a chance the version of Walker we saw after the trade deadline is the real one, and if it is, he could be a fantastic sixth man and a good option to be slotted in the closing lineup when the team goes small. He might never be a plus defender, but he has the wingspan to at least be decent, and traditionally bench scorers have been able to contribute despite not being stoppers.

Bruski confirmed stealing my KF.com posts. Hartenstein, GPII, Martin twins?
Haha first thing I thought too.

Jaylen Nowell is a good find that we missed. Stats look like he could potentially be on the verge of breaking out.

Naz Reid could be interesting. Has proven that he has a consistent outside shot. While it's slightly below average for a guard or wing, it's above average for a big. Defense is just meh.

Haha first thing I thought too.

Jaylen Nowell is a good find that we missed. Stats look like he could potentially be on the verge of breaking out.

Naz Reid could be interesting. Has proven that he has a consistent outside shot. While it's slightly below average for a guard or wing, it's above average for a big. Defense is just meh.
On spotrac, it says both Naz and Nowell both have a club option, so not sure they're actually available. Agreed on Nowell, whenever Russell was out, he was real real impactful as a passer/shooter. And just a quick look at the numbers, the 3rd year breakout was real and he's just 23 years old.
Pretty much consensus among the impact stats that he's very very good offensively and poor on defense.

Not sure what to make of Naz either. He's probably best suited in the current role he's in as a 12-15 MPG offensive scoring punch off the bench. Enes Kanter that can shoot. I think if you ask him to be a starter or play 25+ minutes you have to surround him with real + defenders to make it work. And I'm not sure if he's good enough to justify that.

So silly. Dude is just 24, go make your money man. It almost always backfires when you turn down a bag when offered. There will be plenty of time at the end your career to chase comfort/rings.
Yeh not good from a financial perspective but if he really likes it there he might be better off taking one or two year deal and then bank on them having more space for an extension

On spotrac, it says both Naz and Nowell both have a club option, so not sure they're actually available. Agreed on Nowell, whenever Russell was out, he was real real impactful as a passer/shooter. And just a quick look at the numbers, the 3rd year breakout was real and he's just 23 years old.
Pretty much consensus among the impact stats that he's very very good offensively and poor on defense.

Not sure what to make of Naz either. He's probably best suited in the current role he's in as a 12-15 MPG offensive scoring punch off the bench. Enes Kanter that can shoot. I think if you ask him to be a starter or play 25+ minutes you have to surround him with real + defenders to make it work. And I'm not sure if he's good enough to justify that.
Yeah with Naz, I'm just thinking 12-15mpg off the bench. Unless a unicorn is available, the Kings probably just need to run Sabonis at center for the majority of the minutes. If Holmes doesn't get traded, then he can take the backup minutes.

I like Sabonis but he really puts us in a bind defensively. The same bind I envisioned the Kings being in if Bagley had developed a 20ppg offensive game.

Yeah with Naz, I'm just thinking 12-15mpg off the bench. Unless a unicorn is available, the Kings probably just need to run Sabonis at center for the majority of the minutes. If Holmes doesn't get traded, then he can take the backup minutes.

I like Sabonis but he really puts us in a bind defensively. The same bind I envisioned the Kings being in if Bagley had developed a 20ppg offensive game.
I wasn’t on this site yet, but when the trade initially happened that was one of my biggest gripes about it. Sabonis is a hell of a talent, but with no real range on offense and sub par to average defense it now forces us to ask a lot of our 3 and 4. One of the reasons I think Murray is such a fit is because he’s a very smart and capable defender as well with range on offense. But still needing 3 and 4 depth, and a starter at one spot with Barnes likely on the way out, we need to make sure whoever we bring has range on offense and is a plus defender.

I’m actually a supporter of resigning Jones and letting him see if he can develop a little more. Showed range on limited opportunities and is an athletic big for switches on defense, much better suited for it than Sabo so they might even be able to see minutes together for “tall ball” line ups. Also one of the reasons I’m a fan of the idea of looking at Bamba. Plus defender and athlete with Range.

Yeah. Sabonis without question is the best (or 2nd, pretty close with Boogie) player the Kings have had in the last 15 years, but there's a lot of hurdles to clear building around an offensive big that's weak defensively and is at best and inconsistent spacer on offense. He's an excellent post defender and defensive rebounder but in today's league like 75-80% of big man defense is predicated on his ability to switch the PnR. If you can't, you get hunted over and over, especially in the playoffs.

It'd solve a lot of problems if he came into next year with a consistent 3-ball. He's certainly skilled enough and if a guy like BroLo can learn to shoot in his age 28 season, I don't see why Sabonis couldn't in his age 26.

My free agent targets are those players who will contribute the most to our championship run, and impending dynasty. I trust that Monte will be able to go out and grab the right pieces so we can all circle an infinite amount of championship parades on our calendars for the next 10 years.

Make it happen, Monte. Make it happen!!!

:p:p:p

If I'm monte i'm doing what ever i can to bring in both the Martin brothers. They aren't flashy or nor are they elite at any one particular thing but they play their asses off and would bring the wing depth this team desperately needs.
I feel the same, go get both for the depth and all around skill sets, and both should be relatively cheap. Then use the MLE to go get a shooter at the 2 and resign DDV. Would put us over the cap but underneath the tax line and still leave us our two trade-able pieces in Barnes and Holmes. Realistically speaking those are the types of moves were likely to see, and even then it would force us to be spending some money so there’s a possibility it doesn’t happen.

Yeah. Sabonis without question is the best (or 2nd, pretty close with Boogie) player the Kings have had in the last 15 years, but there's a lot of hurdles to clear building around an offensive big that's weak defensively and is at best and inconsistent spacer on offense. He's an excellent post defender and defensive rebounder but in today's league like 75-80% of big man defense is predicated on his ability to switch the PnR. If you can't, you get hunted over and over, especially in the playoffs.

It'd solve a lot of problems if he came into next year with a consistent 3-ball. He's certainly skilled enough and if a guy like BroLo can learn to shoot in his age 28 season, I don't see why Sabonis couldn't in his age 26.
This. If Sabonis or Fox take a 3pt shooting leap, it makes filling out an offense around them so much easier. I wouldn’t bet on this happening, but my fandom thinks it’s a possibility (especially for Sabonis).

Running Sabonis as your center defensively is a tougher nut to crack. I think the forwards that the T-Woles role out with KAT are a good archetype. We need a long, athletic disrupter at the 3 or the 4. And Murray gives the team flexibility to slot that player in (theoretically). I really like Boucher from Toronto.

I hope we can have a solid season with something to build on. The following season could be really exciting because we have cap room to sign complimentary pieces and we will have a first round pick to restock the cupboards with instead of filling a major hole(in theory)

This. If Sabonis or Fox take a 3pt shooting leap, it makes filling out an offense around them so much easier. I wouldn’t bet on this happening, but my fandom thinks it’s a possibility (especially for Sabonis).

Running Sabonis as your center defensively is a tougher nut to crack. I think the forwards that the T-Woles role out with KAT are a good archetype. We need a long, athletic disrupter at the 3 or the 4. And Murray gives the team flexibility to slot that player in (theoretically). I really like Boucher from Toronto.
Yeah Boucher in theory, especially if he finds that shooting stroke from a year ago, would be perfect. Impact stat stud, versatile rim protector that can play either slot. He may be the Kings best chance to find that elusive impact defender at the 4 that can still space on offense.

I think Murray is that guy. Inside I think his length will translate.

9DC36D22-49E7-4BA6-8C2A-C6884052A4AC.png
I’m only slightly over McNair passing on Liddell at 37, so in my state of mourning I’m reaching out for crazy things. Yes Durant coming to Sacramento is NUTS but so is the world we’re living in. If KD wants to change the legacy of his career and get back in the conversation as the great of his era there is no better narrative than resurrecting the lowest of the low — the Sacramento Kings. Barnes, Harkless, Holiday all expiring with Holmes and whatever picks they want is not a bad offer. Quickly gives them a clean slate to start their rebuild. It also gets us out of those contracts and would allow us to get depth pieces we actually want (Caleb Martin/Otto Porter). He would fit like a glove. He has relationships with Coach Brown and Luke Louks. Has Northern California roots already established. But the most important factor in all of this is vengeance. I think he wants to put it to the warriors organization BAD. Not the players but the ownership and front office. The rivalry would be hyper than any in the game instantly. In a league that loves drama there really couldn’t be anything better especially if Kyrie makes his way to LA.

So silly. Dude is just 24, go make your money man. It almost always backfires when you turn down a bag when offered. There will be plenty of time at the end your career to chase comfort/rings.
Yea. Battery life of an NBA player is short. Injuries happen. Dude would be a straight up fool, if he chose fit/comfort/rings over money at this point in his career.

View attachment 11111
I’m only slightly over McNair passing on Liddell at 37, so in my state of mourning I’m reaching out for crazy things. Yes Durant coming to Sacramento is NUTS but so is the world we’re living in. If KD wants to change the legacy of his career and get back in the conversation as the great of his era there is no better narrative than resurrecting the lowest of the low — the Sacramento Kings. Barnes, Harkless, Holiday all expiring with Holmes and whatever picks they want is not a bad offer. Quickly gives them a clean slate to start their rebuild. It also gets us out of those contracts and would allow us to get depth pieces we actually want (Caleb Martin/Otto Porter). He would fit like a glove. He has relationships with Coach Brown and Luke Louks. Has Northern California roots already established. But the most important factor in all of this is vengeance. I think he wants to put it to the warriors organization BAD. Not the players but the ownership and front office. The rivalry would be hyper than any in the game instantly. In a league that loves drama there really couldn’t be anything better especially if Kyrie makes his way to LA.
''Big name'' super teams haven't been as successful as people speculated. While it's never going to happen, it would be fun to watch all the media heads forced to talk about the Kings championship capabilities with Durant.