2019 NBA Draft thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll try to keep this updated, but no promises.

Here's the updated 2019 NBA Draft order for the first and second rounds. This list will be updated throughout Thursday as trades happen.

ROUND 1
1. New Orleans Pelicans - Zion Williamson PF/Duke
2. Memphis Grizzlies - Ja Morant - PG/Murray State
3. New York Knicks - RJ Barrett - SG/Duke
4. New Orleans Pelicans (via LAL) to Atlanta Hawks - De'Andre Hunter - F/Virginia
5. Cleveland Cavaliers - Darius Garland - PG/Vanderbilt
6. Phoenix Suns to Minnesota Timberwolves - Jarrett Culver - SG/Texas Tech
7. Chicago Bulls - Coby White - PG/North Carolina
8. Atlanta Hawks (to New Orleans Pelicans) - Jaxson Hayes - C/Texas
9. Washington Wizards - Rui Hachimura - PF/Gonzaga
10. Atlanta Hawks (via Dallas) - Cam Reddish - SF/Duke
11. Minnesota Timberwolves to Phoenix Suns - Cameron Johnson - SF/North Carolina
12. Charlotte Hornets - PJ Washington - PF/Kentucky
13. Miami Heat - Tyler Herro - SG/Kentucky
14. Boston Celtics (from Sacramento via Philadelphia) - Romeo Langford - SG/Indiana
15. Detroit Pistons - Sekou Doumbouya - PF/France
16. Orlando Magic - Chuma Okeke - PF/Auburn
17. Brooklyn Nets to New Orleans Pelicans - Nickeil Alexander-Walker - SG/Virginia Tech
18. Indiana Pacers - Goga Bitadze - C/Sagarejo, Georgia
19. San Antonio Spurs - Luka Samanic - PF/Croatia
20. Boston Celtics (from LA Clippers via Memphis) to Philadelphia 76ers - Matisse Thybulle - SF/Washington
21. Oklahoma City Thunder to Memphis Grizzlies - Brandon Clarke - PF/Gonzaga
22. Boston Celtics - Grant Williams - PF/Tennessee
23. Memphis Grizzlies (via Utah) to Oklahoma City Thunder - Darius Bazley - SF/United States (Princeton High School)
24. Philadelphia 76ers to Boston Celtics - Ty Jerome - PG/Virginia
25. Portland Trail Blazers - Nassir Little - SF/North Carolina
26. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Houston) - Dylan Windler - SF/Belmont
27. Brooklyn Nets (via Denver) to LA Clippers - Mfiondu Kabengele - C/Florida State
28. Golden State Warriors - Jordan Poole - SG/Michigan
29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto) - Keldon Johnson - SF/Kentucky
30. Detroit Pistons (via Milwaukee) to Cleveland Cavaliers - Kevin Porter Jr - SG/USC

ROUND 2
31. Brooklyn Nets (from New York via Philadelphia) - Nicolas Claxton - C/Georgia
32. Phoenix Suns to Indiana Pacers to Miami Heat - KZ Okpala - SF/Stanford
33. Philadelphia 76ers (from Cleveland via Orlando and New York) to Boston Celtics - Carsen Edwards - PG/Purdue
34. Philadelphia 76ers (from Chicago via Los Angeles Lakers) to Atlanta Hawks - Bruno Fernando - C/Maryland
35. Atlanta Hawks to New Orleans Pelicans - Marcos Louzada Silva - SF/Brazil
36. Charlotte Hornets (from Washington via Orlando, Denver and Atlanta) - Cody Martin - SF/Nevada
37. Dallas Mavericks -Deividas Sirvydis - SF/Lithuania
38. Chicago Bulls (via Memphis) - Daniel Gafford - C/Arkansas
39. New Orleans Pelicans to Golden State Warriors - Alen Smailagec - C/Serbia
40. Sacramento Kings (from Minnesota via Portland and Cleveland) - Justin James - SG/Wyoming
41. Atlanta Hawks (from Los Angeles Lakers via Cleveland and Indiana) to Golden State Warriors - Eric Paschall - PF/Villanova
42. Philadelphia 76ers (from Sacramento via Brooklyn and Milwaukee) to Washington Wizards - Admiral Schofield - SF/Tennessee
43. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Miami via Charlotte) - Jaylen Nowell - SG/Washington
44. Miami Heat (from Atlanta via Charlotte) to Denver Nuggets - Bol Bol - C/Oregon
45. Detroit Pistons - Isaiah Roby - PF/Nebraska
46. Orlando Magic (from Brooklyn via Memphis and Charlotte) to Los Angeles Lakers - Talen Horton-Tucker - SF/Iowa State
47. Sacramento Kings (from Orlando via New York) to New York Knicks - Ignas Brazdeikis - PF/Michigan
48. LA Clippers Clippers - Terance Mann - SF/Florida State
49. San Antonio Spurs - Quinndary Weatherspoon - SG/Mississippi State
50. Indiana Pacers to Utah Jazz - Jarrell Brantley - PF/Charleston
51. Boston Celtics - Tremont Waters - PG/LSU
52. Charlotte Hornets (via Oklahoma City) - Jalen McDaniels - PF/San Diego State
53. Utah Jazz - Justin Wright-Foreman - PG/Hofstra
54. Philadelphia 76ers - Marial Shayok - SF/Iowa State
55. New York Knicks (from Houston) to Sacramento Kings - Kyle Guy - PG/Virginia
56. LA Clippers (from Portland via Detroit and Orlando) to Brooklyn Nets - Jaylen Hands - PG/UCLA
57. New Orleans Pelicans (from Denver via Milwaukee) to Atlanta Hawks - Jordan Bone - PG/Tennessee
58. Golden State Warriors - Miye Oni - SG/Yale
59. Toronto Raptors - Dewan Hernandez - C/Miami
60. Sacramento Kings (from Milwaukee) - Vanja Marinkovic - SG/Serbia

--https://sports.yahoo.com/2019-nba-draft-order-updated-115352376.html?src=rss

Last edited:
Gotta say, this is the least excited I've been for the NBA draft in a while for a few reasons. First and foremost, we don't have a 1st round pick. That one is obvious. Second, it's such a weak class. After the first 3 picks (Zion, Morant, Barrett) the talent level drops off like a sack of bricks. A lot of guys mocked in the first round have a ceiling of solid rotation level players, and with the Kings having two second round picks today, we could be looking at kids who would've gone undrafted in other classes. Third, how do I put this...it's just an obvious draft. The first 3 picks are pretty much set in stone - it will be as listed above. The only intrigue after that is whether the Pels and/or Hawks will trade their picks. But again not even that exciting if they do considering the talent level or lack thereof.

Anyway this is really just a pointless rant. Im bored at home waiting for it to start. I'm still going to watch like I always do, but there's really a lack of serious interest for me.

Twitter is RIPPING this one for the Suns. I don’t know enough about the prospects, or really about Saric to deem it LOLSuns or not though.
Saric is average. Maybe slightly more. He's had inconsistent opportunities to play and he's been inconsistent himself. The difference between the #6 and #11 pick is substantial. Don't like it at all for Phoenix.

Gotta say, this is the least excited I've been for the NBA draft in a while for a few reasons. First and foremost, we don't have a 1st round pick. That one is obvious. Second, it's such a weak class. After the first 3 picks (Zion, Morant, Barrett) the talent level drops off like a sack of bricks. A lot of guys mocked in the first round have a ceiling of solid rotation level players, and with the Kings having two second round picks today, we could be looking at kids who would've gone undrafted in other classes. Third, how do I put this...it's just an obvious draft. The first 3 picks are pretty much set in stone - it will be as listed above. The only intrigue after that is whether the Pels and/or Hawks will trade their picks. But again not even that exciting if they do considering the talent level or lack thereof.

Anyway this is really just a pointless rant. Im bored at home waiting for it to start. I'm still going to watch like I always do, but there's really a lack of serious interest for me.
Only reason I'm paying attention is for the possibility that we might be involved in that Thunder trade.

I'm currently watching NBA TV's coverage over ESPN. I'm guessing that's the right choice? ESPN usually provides a lot less actual analysis and focuses way more on drama.
Yeah, ESPN coverage sucks these days. All around. They have no real competition to push them.

I almost always follow NBATV and NFL Network when they have their own coverage.

I don't know if the Kings will draft him but I hope to see Jordan Caroline signed before the end of the night. I know Walton has had his eye on him awhile.

Other than that my top 5 assuming the Kings don't move into Bol Bol territory are:

1. Admiral Schofield
2. Ignas Brazdeikis
3. Daquan Jeffries
4. Talen Horton-Tucker
5. Robert Franks Jr.

It's long since been time get some physical forwards on this team.

My ultra sleeper is Matt Mooney. Dudes an NBA player.