2017 Schedule released

WTF! The Kings got screwed again! The Kings still have 14 back to back games.

I thought the NBA was supposed to cut down on these back to backs, by starting the season 2 weeks earlier! :mad:

WTF! The Kings got screwed again! The Kings still have 14 back to back games.

I thought the NBA was supposed to cut down on these back to backs, by starting the season 2 weeks earlier! :mad:
What's the average number of back to back games? What teams have higher than average and what teams have lower than average back to back game numbers? I haven't done the calculations, but this might be an eye-opener.

What's the average number of back to back games? What teams have higher than average and what teams have lower than average back to back game numbers? I haven't done the calculations, but this might be an eye-opener.
Not sure what the average back to backs are in the league, but 14 back to back seems to be about the same as the previous years number, even though we are starting 2 weeks early.

I wonder how many back to backs for GSW and the Lakers?

The only thing anyone should be concerned about when the kings schedule is released is how many nationally televised games they have. How can you be annoyed by the set up of the schedule when we are going to suck really bad anyway?
The eternal optimist in me says if everything falls right we could make a run.. and it might be harder to do that when it's tough schedule while you are still righting the chemistry

My assumption by asking the question is that the NBA, in its mission to prevent major teams from resting its star players for nationally televised games, would put a greater burden (of back to back games) on those teams that aren't expected to be big winners, or that won't be in many of those nationally televised games. Unfair, but not unexpected.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I can't believe the season starts in only two months! I am all for the earlier start to the season and less preseason games. Nice to see that the Boogie home reunion game will be televised, hopefully he puts on a show for the world to see.

I can't believe the season starts in only two months! I am all for the earlier start to the season and less preseason games. Nice to see that the Boogie home reunion game will be televised, hopefully he puts on a show for the world to see.
If we play Kofous and Randolph big minutes, I can see Cousins getting his usual 25 a game. If we match Skal and WCS/Papa up against him, he's going for over 40.

20 of our first 33 are on the road you add that slow start with us tanking the last 10-20 games and we can say hello to a top 4 pick. GIVE ME DONIC, Bagley, or Porter
Bamba and Ayton would be good as well. I'm still not convinced on the future Kings front court and one of those two would be a nice pairing with Fox for the future.

In two months, california will be sports heavy. With the return of the NFL, NBA and NHL, we would no longer be stuck with MLB. (since my giants are trash) it will be nice to have other sporting options come october.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
In two months, california will be sports heavy. With the return of the NFL, NBA and NHL, we would no longer be stuck with MLB. (since my giants are trash) it will be nice to have other sporting options come october.
the fall really is a sports mecca for us who watch other sports besides the NBA