Your Starting 5's

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Dally
Thompson (wishful thinking probably)*
Greene
Beno
Tyreke

* Thompson played better off the bench last year when the pressure was off, but it sure would be nice to see some big minutes and consistent play from him this year.

my best guess of what I think it will be

Dalembert
Landry
Greene
Beno
Reke

and what I'd like to see most by the end of the season

DMC
JT
Greene
Beno
Reke

Dally
Thompson (wishful thinking probably)*
Greene
Beno
Tyreke

* Thompson played better off the bench last year when the pressure was off, but it sure would be nice to see some big minutes and consistent play from him this year.
I'm hoping Thompson will look better now that he'll be playing next to someone who can share the load.

been a while since I posted :D really busy finally the NBA season is up...

Its going to be

Cousins
Thompson
Casspi
Garcia
Evans

Landry has proven he can score off the bench and we need another capable backup point guard and that would be beno udrih, evans and beno play good together but that negates the size advantage.

bench would have to be

Dalembert
Landry
Greene
(toss between the other acquired players)
Udrih

I'm thinking Landry will be traded soon along with either Omri and/or Beno for a true point guard, like Chris Paul (wishful thinking)...soooo until then...

Dalembert
Thompson
Greene
Garcia
Tyreke

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If I see Udrih starting after Game 1, I'm going to throw something at my television. And I want my Pet Rock in a carton, just like the pilgrims had...
This is what I advised my father-in-law after the last 9r game. Go to the nearest Goodwill or Salvation Army. But the cheapest TV you can get. Keep it handy somewhere so when you see Beno starting in Game 2 you can throw a brick through it, on the cheap....;)

Opening the season:
Dalembert
Landry
Casspi
Garcia
Evans

Eventual and most common starting lineup for the season:
Cousins
Thompson
Casspi
Garcia
Evans

You're right, Brick, its a crap shoot.

Lead Guard: Tyreke Evans (except first game)
Co-Lead Guard: Beno Udrih (Garcia primary Kings 6th man)
Center: Sam Dalembert (DMC ready to step in soon)
Small Forward: Omri Casspi (Greene getting virtually same mins per game)
Power Forward: Carl Landry (JT in a lot depending on matchups)

I am expecting our starting line-up ( before Landry gets traded ) to be:

C - Dalembert
PF - Landry
SF - Greene
SG - Garcia
PG - Evans

By the middle of the season ( and after Landry would have been traded ) I am expecting coach Westphal going consistently with this starting five:

C/PF - Dalembert
PF/C - Cousins
SF - Greene
SG - Garcia
PG - Evans

Key Bench players: Thompson, Casspi, Udrih, and Whiteside ( garbage time minutes ).

My starting five and depth chart.

This starting five is based on what I would like to see long-term, not on what I think Westphal will do or what is necessarily best at the beginning of this season.

Cousins/Whiteside (Dalembert to sign somewhere else next season)
Thompson/Landry
Casspi/Greene
Garcia/Head
Evans/Udrih/Jeter

Analysis: Cousins and Thompson would gobble up a ton of rebounds and both have very good size for their position. Cousins is the main post presence which is great as JT is best offensively when either shooting 15 footers or crashing the O boards. Casspi and Garcia help open up the floor with their outside shooting. They also have great rapport and defensive intensity. Evans is an easy choice but having Casspi and Garcia start should help open up the lane for him.

The bench has plenty of firepower with Landry and Udrih as the primary offensive options. Starting Landry and Cousins together doesn't seem to make a bunch of sense to me as they both operate in the low post offensively and neither are great defenders. Greene should get the majority of the minutes as backup small forward with some as backup shooting guard (mixed with some Beno). Whiteside will hopefully be ready to contribute consistently next season. I'm optimistic. He has a nice jumper, can protect the paint, and has done a wonderful job packing on muscle in a couple months.

I hate to have Dalembert on the way out before even seeing him play for the Kings. Like I wrote above, this is more of a long term plan. I imagine Dalembert will be a valuable presence this year and I think he's totally necessary for now. Just imagine next off season. The Kings will have yet another first round draft pick, just falling short of the playoffs, plus TONS of money to fill whatever gaps are left.

Cousins/Whiteside
Thompson/Landry(re-signed)
Casspi/Greene
(free agent)/Garcia
Evans/Udrih
+
1st round draft pick

PG-Garcia
SG-Reke
SF-Casspi
PF-Cousins
C-Sam

I want to see Tyreke as the main scorer from the SG position after pick&rolls, Garcia runs the show from the point, Casspi at the wing, and Delanbert + Cousins getting the inside feed.

PG-Garcia
SG-Reke
SF-Casspi
PF-Cousins
C-Sam

I want to see Tyreke as the main scorer from the SG position after pick&rolls, Garcia runs the show from the point, Casspi at the wing, and Delanbert + Cousins getting the inside feed.
Garcia can't play as a point guard

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Off topic - When did we get Head, Jackson and Marcus Landry?! I just recently figured that they're on our roster?
Darnell Jackson has an unguaranteed contract and came over from Milwaukee in the Jon Brockman trade. Head and Marcus Landry are training camp invites, neither has a guaranteed contract either. With 12 guaranteed contracts already and the Kings likely to carry 13 (or maybe 14) none of the three is yet a safe bet to stick.

Tnx for the information. When I saw them in the "Roster" section on Kings.com I thought that they are already sure for the next season.

J

Joelspainfan

Helloo
I'm from Spain (Barcelona). I'm a Kings fan since Mitch arrives to sactown :)!
First of all I excuse with my english.
Yerterday I had watched the kings practice from youtube and for now, this is my starting five!
PG: Tyreke!
SG: Cisco
SF: Casspi
PF: J.T.
C: Cousins

Best bench players: C.Landry, Sam, Beno, Donte
I think in febuary Geoff should trade Landry or Sam for a good shooter.. Jamal Crawford?
Good times for Kings!

So it's probably already been mentioned in other threads but the starting 5 to start the season (not counting suspensions) will be:

Udrih (not Garcia or Wright)
Evans
Greene (not Casspi or Wright)
Landry (not Thompson)
Cousins (not Dalembert, although this may or may not be specifically because of the injury)

Source:

With Tyreke Evans suspended for the season opener for his reckless driving plea, Beno Udrih and Garcia will start at guard with Greene, Carl Landry and DeMarcus Cousins up front. Evans will replace Garcia in the second game.

C: Cousins
PF: JT
SF: Donte
PG: Tyreke
SG: Beno

Since we are a poor passing team, I think the only saving grace we will have is Cousins rebounding and JT's perimeter shot. I'm guessing we're gonna see a lot of both this year.