Wizards @ Kings - Tuesday, March 3 - 7PT/10ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Just seeing Fox’s numbers

His star is rising!!!
Yet wasn’t mentioned today on one of the NBA segments I was watching regarding the top young gun point guards. Isiah Thomas mentions Trae Young, Ja Morant and #77.

I’m like, “um, there’s a kid in SAC y’all need to recognize.“ If Ja gets mentioned playing in Memphis, then no small market excuse flies.

Folks can say what they want, but I’d certainly take Swipa over two of those three names.

having Walton thrown out in the third quarter at least it helped highlight the continued obvious biased officiating we have been fighting all year.

Yes in that quarter the team went into limp mode and yes our opponents did some pretty darn good shooting but we don’t need officials helping them come back because we are able to handle that ourselves.

The difference in the 4th quarter was we actually brought some solid defense and it showed big time allowing the team to right the ship.

Fox is a great player and we need to depend on his ability to break down the opponents defensive as he has shown. When we lost that game without him a few games back and gave up another big at least this time we had our franchise player to bring home the win.

Man it’s been a few years since every game has meant so much and this teams gritty play is exciting.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yet wasn’t mentioned today on one of the NBA segments I was watching regarding the top young gun point guards. Isiah Thomas mentions Trae Young, Ja Morant and #77.

I’m like, “um, there’s a kid in SAC y’all need to recognize.“ If Ja gets mentioned playing in Memphis, then no small market excuse flies.

Folks can say what they want, but I’d certainly take Swipa over two of those three names.
Trae and Ja getting more attention than Swipa reminds me of the time dudes around the league were adamant that Greg Monroe was just as good if not better than Boogie. I’m not saying both dudes are going to wind up out of the league or warming the bench for a contender or something just that pundits are so caught up in finding the next hot thing that they overthink matters and overlook obvious option A

Last edited:
You are correct, you can't. That is why I was happy they didn't go full belly up and choke this game away.
If this was against say, the Mavericks or indeed the Sixers, they wouldn't win. Maybe the Spurs or Trailblazers too. The Wizards clearly were not going to get shown up. You cant have huge fall-offs for short periods. Its concentration and effort. or lack there-of. They got away with it.

having Walton thrown out in the third quarter at least it helped highlight the continued obvious biased officiating we have been fighting all year.

Yes in that quarter the team went into limp mode and yes our opponents did some pretty darn good shooting but we don’t need officials helping them come back because we are able to handle that ourselves.

The difference in the 4th quarter was we actually brought some solid defense and it showed big time allowing the team to right the ship.

Fox is a great player and we need to depend on his ability to break down the opponents defensive as he has shown. When we lost that game without him a few games back and gave up another big at least this time we had our franchise player to bring home the win.

Man it’s been a few years since every game has meant so much and this teams gritty play is exciting.
I hope these guys are ready for what’s going to happen in those Pelicans games. They’ll be up there with Game 6.

I hate it when that happens.

I hope these guys are ready for what’s going to happen in those Pelicans games. They’ll be up there with Game 6.
Yeah, I predicted the LA LeBron’s to get every break possible handed to them in order to win a title in the wake of the tragedy and I’m with you that the Pels will get the same treatment on their way to a postseason birth.

If there’s anything I’m sure of, it’s that the NBA really wants a LAL v NO first round matchup.

The KINGS are gonna have to overcome an avalanche in order to get #8.

I realize that fans of all teams feel they are always shortchanged by the officials in some way. I mean, questionable calls happen in every game and on both sides. However, you can’t convince me it doesn’t happen a bit more to certain teams.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Fox doesn't get triple doubles and 40+ scoring nights like the other guys do so it's not taken as flashy but he's a potential two way player so he will exert more energy on the other end to get those steals

What the heck is it with the refs and the Kings? As Kings fans, we've almost come to expect that we're going to be victims of bad and biased calls more often than not. Every game. But why??? What goes on in the minds of the refs when they're doing a Kings game?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it is ever (or almost never) a bias that the refs can see in order to correct. It's something in their heads, or in their subconcious. It makes their first impulse go against the Kings. They don't usually allow the impulse to overrule their objective logic. (If they did, we'd never win a game.) But the impulse is always there and it affects just enough calls (or non-calls) that we end up spotting the opposition several points a game (and sometimes much more). Maybe it's because we're been bottom dwellers for so long?

The lack of fairness to Fox is blatent, and may actually be a different bias than the bottom dweller bias I suggested above. With Fox, I think it's because he's so damned fast. The refs are often in catch-up mode with Fox, so they do the non-call thing as a way of saying "Well, I'm really not sure. I abstain."

Whatever it is, it's now a bigger issue than ever before, as far as I can recall. And that's because, right now, every single point and every single game is huge for the Kings. There is no room for error. And I do not buy the suggestion that we just have to accept it as Kings fans. That's self-defeating and lame. Instead of rattling our pitchforks at Vlade and ghosts of the past, how about we rattle them at the biased officiating that the NBA should be ashamed of?

Last edited:
I realize that fans of all teams feel they are always shortchanged by the officials in some way. I mean, questionable calls happen in every game and on both sides. However, you can’t convince me it doesn’t happen a bit more to certain teams.
Exactly. Most of us here are fans of other pro teams. We know that bad calls and bad non-calls go both ways. In the heat of the moment, we may forget. But we know things balance out in the end. But they don't balance out for Kings fans. They just don't.

Fox doesn't get triple doubles and 40+ scoring nights like the other guys do so it's not taken as flashy but he's a potential two way player so he will exert more energy on the other end to get those steals
Bradley Beal's recent streak shows that there are a lot of talented NBA guys who could put up gaudy numbers on a nightly basis if they chose to. Lebron could have averaged a triple double for his career if he wanted. Or even 35+ pts per game during points in his career. He chose to be a complete player. Most vets sacrifice parts of their games to help the team. For Fox to try to be an all around guy this early in his career speaks volumes to his maturity and commitment to the team. If he just wanted that All Star nod, I think Fox could have done the flashy stuff necessary to get in. But he's looking team first.

The lack of fairness to Fox is blatent, and may actually be a different bias than the botton dweller bias I suggested above. With Fox, I think it's because he's so damned fast. The refs are often in catch-up mode with Fox, so they do the non-call thing as a way of saying "Well, I'm really not sure. I abstain."
It’s unbelievable the lack of respect Swipa gets. Yet Trae Young gets a helluva lot more despite being smaller and on a lesser team. The media coverage for that kid is unbelievable considering the Hawks record the two seasons he’s been there. Dude‘s a glorified chucker and a turnover waiting to happen.

Oh, but he shoots and makes occasional 40 footers so he’s great for the league! Whatever.

If Swipa just started to get the calls he deserves, not preferential treatment, the KINGS would easily win 40+ games.

The Kings played a first half that was about as good as they can play.
The season is really long and it is easy to let up on the throttle. The third quarter was a disaster.
Then the the KIngs played defense in the fourth quarter.
They are now out rebounding teams. Their turnovers are no longer an issue.
They get steals. They make blocks.
But the biggest change is mental. They show up at the end of games and play smart.
Walton made a masterful move by getting thrown out of the game.
I rarely complain about refs, but I agree that Fox gets the worst treatment by officials in all of sports.
Winning solves all kinds of problems.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Trae and Ja getting more attention than Swipa reminds me of the time dudes around the league were adamant that Greg Monroe was just as good if not better than Boogie. I’m not saying both dudes are going to wind up out of the league or warming the bench for a contender or something just that pundits are so caught up in finding the next hot thing that they overthink matters and overlook obvious option A
I wouldn't say Fox is the obvious option A, but he absolutely deserves to be talked about with the other young PG studs.

The odd thing is that he's a pretty charismatic guy, and his game is fun as hell to watch. If the league wanted to make him a star, it wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Fox is gonna force folks to recognize soon enough though. He's been ballin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.