Will Reke leave?

I'd like some opinions about the following.. I see a lot of people say something along the lines of 'Tyreke will leave the Kings if he becomes a superstar of some sort". Do any of you think so? If he became REALLY good, would he want to play somewhere else? This kinda worries me

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd like some opinions about the following.. I see a lot of people say something along the lines of 'Tyreke will leave the Kings if he becomes a superstar of some sort". Do any of you think so? If he became REALLY good, would he want to play somewhere else? This kinda worries me
Where exactly are you seeing "a lot of people" say that?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But S£im...a LOT of people are asking, apparently unaware of silly little things like franchise rights and contracts and other stuff like that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah? What forums?

Actually I'm sure I saw a couple people here saying the same thing.. Appearantly if Reke becomes a superstar he won't want to play for a small city like Sac
I don't remember seeing that here at all and I pretty much read just about every post that's made.

To answer your question, though, Tyreke Evans cannot call his own shots. He has a binding contract with the Maloofs and, quite frankly, I think he's VERY happy right now to be with a team that is young and growing and a fan base that is already sending his jersey sales through the roof.

This post is the epitome of how not to enjoy a winning streak. Reminds me of the character of Ricky Bobby's Dad in the movie Talladega Nights. You know... just can't mentally handle it when things start to go ok, cause it's too unfamiliar. Here's my opinion: try to have some fun, buddy. And try not to fret about the worst case scenario at the first glimmer of something truly special.

Can't we at least wait until the kid is within two years of the end of his contract before having this conversation?

I'm asking for opinions, not predictions. What's wrong with discussing future possibilities?

And VF, I get the whole contract thing, but couldn't Tyreke start the whole team drama because of his lack of desire to play for the Kings?

I'm NOT saying he will do that, just wondering :cool:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm asking for opinions, not predictions. What's wrong with discussing future possibilities?

And VF, I get the whole contract thing, but couldn't Tyreke start the whole team drama because of his lack of desire to play for the Kings?

But your whole premise is wrong. He loves playing for the Kings. No reason to think otherwise. If you really want to dicuss this with people who'll buy into the ridiculous premise, I honestly suggest you take it back to the other forum. People around here aren't quite that naive about basketball ...

:)

Well, if you say he "loves playing for the Kings", I automatically assume you have some ground to this statement, and that's ALL I wanted. My question has been answered:)

Well, if you say he "loves playing for the Kings", I automatically assume you have some ground to this statement, and that's ALL I wanted. My question has been answered:)
At the present moment, we should be more concerned about keeping the kings in sac. This is the first year of rekes contract. we have reke until 2013 and plenty of time to discuss this.... lets just enjoy the current winning tradition!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Depends how good we are then. If he is a superstar and we aren't title contenders he will probably leave I'm guessing. who knows tho.
It's not up to him. Not for quite a while. One of the things players don't have in free agency is the right to just pick up and leave.

A

AriesMar27

ugh... no, he will be signed to a long term contract and then 1 year before he expires petrie will trade him for a vet with a longer contract.... ;) :p :confused:

A

AriesMar27

i know that i was joking but how many of you would be surprised if it did go down just like that? c'mon.... thomas and nocioni are proof enough... we are lucky that mobley and bonzi lost their collective minds and didnt sign with us when they were here.... or we'd still have one of them on the team. it happens...

Why the heck would he all of a sudden go from a happy player we see on donte show to an angry guy that messes up chemistry? lol.. Please..

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh come on, for the sake of discussion! :p
My comment was more directed at the slight shift towards another commentary on Petrie than anything else. It's like really big handwriting on the wall... After a while, you just get so used to seeing it you don't even see it, you know?

At this point, worrying about whether or not Tyreke Evans will want to leave is like worrying if New Arco will have 2 garlic fries stands or 4?

:)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
9 games in. Really?

As an aside, Sacramento's incredible inferiority complex has always been offputting. Tiny little cities all over the league have superstars in the fold leading them, but of course everyone hates Sacramento. :rolleyes:

I strongly doubt it, and it's really way too early to be discussing this even if it might happen down the line. In the more than likely scenario that he does become a superstar and opts to explore the market after his contract is up, I'd like to think having respect for the team that drafted him and cultivated his talents supersedes achieving hoopla and fame at a larger market. Young homegrown stars normally choose to stay with their teams anyway, unless serious friction develops down the line.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
A Maloof Sports and Entertainment employee said to me tonight, "make no mistake about it, Tyreke Evans is the future of this franchise."