who's going to start?

BJax probably gets the start to help with continuity. But, he gets relieve from Salmons when JT comes in to play the 3.

To keep JT from having to chase Prince, the Kings probably go to the zone with JT at the 3.

The guards are going to be pushed to stay in front of AI, and Jax won't be able to play 30min at that pace. So, don't expect Beno,BB,and BJax to split all the 1 & 2 mins.

The only way I see Greene getting any significant mins is if the bigs get in foul trouble.

The real hope is for QD to gut it out and play through the pain.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Is Douby available? Important question -- would thnk we might start him and let him try to check A.I. If not, then Brown with the same duty, but without the defensive resume. Last optio I would agree is trying Thompson at SF given Prince's size. Have a feeling Prince is going to be able to work John over in the post, so its just a question of whether we think Salmons can be more effective on defense giving up size to Prince, or speed to A.I. (assuming we have John on Iverson rather than just leaving Beno out there to get burned).

I'd say start Thompson at #3 and slide Salmons to his natural position at #2.

#5 - Miller
#4 - Moore ( but preferrably Hawes )
#3 - Thompson
#2 - Salmons
#1 - Udrih

It would be fun to watch Salmons attempt to make Martin look dispensable at #2.

It will also be interesting to watch Thompson matching-up against a tall and yet fast small forward in Prince. I wish to see Greene get the chance to have significant minutes at #3 too against Prince.

If Iverson burns Udrih early on the game, I'd use our rookie Brown rather than Douby/Jackson vs. Iverson. It would be boring to watch two dwarves ( Iverson and Douby ) outscoring each other and it would be an eyesore seeing the aging Jackson chasing Iverson hopelessly. Let us see what Brown has to offer defensively against a scoring midget.

Why does anyone want Green gettingminutes at this point? he has done ZERO to warrant any minutes. I went to the preseason game in Stockton and he was lost on the court.

I want the young players to get as many minutes as possible, but he has to show something before I would just give him minutes.

I would like to see Bobby Brown get some minutes. He has impressed me so far, plus he is already my 8 year olds favorite player:)

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I would like to see Bobby Brown get some minutes. He has impressed me so far, plus he is already my 8 year olds favorite player:)
Well that's YOUR perogative!

Mostly, I agree with your statement. If he [Greene] does look lost, he probably looks just as lost in practice, which is why he isn't out there on the floor. I doubt that he looks great in practice and Theus is just holding him out because he feels like it.

Well that's YOUR perogative!

Mostly, I agree with your statement. If he [Greene] does look lost, he probably looks just as lost in practice, which is why he isn't out there on the floor. I doubt that he looks great in practice and Theus is just holding him out because he feels like it.
If the Kings have to play JT at the 3 then they are probably going to have to play a lot of zone. Since the knock on Greene is weak defense because he only played zone in college, Theus may take a chance and play him in the zone. Just a wild guess. But, if Detroit can break down the zone, it's going to be a long and painful night.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Greene is likely candidate for D-league just to get some playing time against a slight level above college. He has a long way to go.

As for subing for Kevin, I think it depends on the matchups. Beno is 6-3 and not yet a good defender. Douby was not suited up for Warriors so suspect he may not be available yet. He too is only 6-3 or so but is a better defender. Bobby is maybe 6-1 or so and if a bigger 2, would expect to see Salmons at the 2 and JT at the 3. BJax is the ultimate bench guy. Now is when we will really miss Cisco who is still 2-4 weeks away.

Suck-it-up time for Pistons. Since AI is barely 6-0 we could see either Bobby on him to start.

JT looked lost during preseason, Martin looked lost his entire first year and most of his second. Get Greene some PT and see what happens. What exactly are we afraid of... missing the playoffs? :rolleyes:

And I want to see Douby start for Martin.
~~

JT looked lost during preseason, Martin looked lost his entire first year and most of his second. Get Greene some PT and see what happens. What exactly are we afraid of... missing the playoffs? :rolleyes:

And I want to see Douby start for Martin.
~~
Douby is still hurt and not playing. And I think the whole TEAM looked lost during the preseason and the first 4 games of this season, and will STILL look lost on alot of occasions until April. That being said, I too would like to see Greene get a few minutes out there...who knows, maybe tonight he'll get 5-10 min.

Just heard Coach Theus on KHTK that he will be going with A LOT of mixing and matching against Detroit. "John at 2, BJax in there, JT at the 3." Expects Beno to now play better and better - happy with his effort against GSW. Says Kings really needs Udrih to play big tonight. Also, said the obvious - that not having his full roster has been the norm, only having everybody for about "20 games" since he took over as head coach.

Just saw that Pistons Rodney Stuckey is out for tonight's game. Since he's been backup PG to AI that means the Kings and whoever is on him is going to be chasing that little gunning dart around for maybe 40+ mins.

Last edited: