Which NBA player has the most potential?

i saw this question posted on a warriors forum and it generated some pretty interesting discussion....

which player has the most potential to be a superstar?

as for me, i've got a draw between tyson chandler and shawn livingston.... chandler is ridiculous on the boards, but i like what i see in livinston so far- it's just not enough to make a real assessment.

what do you guys think?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
unscratched said:
i saw this question posted on a warriors forum and it generated some pretty interesting discussion....

what do you guys think?
I think it's amazing there's actually a Warriors forum.*

Thank you! I'll be here all week! Tell your friends!!!

*Please note. This was humor and not a derisive comment.

Seriously, I think Manu could end up being a MAJOR superstar in the NBA for years to come. If the improvement we saw in his game just between the Olympics and this season are any indication, he could really end up being one for the ages.

I would so like to see him in Kings purple.

VF21 said:

Seriously, I think Manu could end up being a MAJOR superstar in the NBA for years to come. If the improvement we saw in his game just between the Olympics and this season are any indication, he could really end up being one for the ages.

I would so like to see him in Kings purple.

Ginobilli is a flopper and eventhough he played well, he has been helped a lot by the refs with all the fouls. No questions about his talents but I wouldn't want to see him in Kings Uniform.

But I guess he is already a pretty big star.

Dalembert and Iguodala would be the ones for me.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Manu, but he's pretty much tapped all the potential he's going to. The guy IS 28 years old after all. It took him some time to adjust to the NBA game, but otherwise his game hasn't really changed in the last couple years.

Livingston and Chandler are good picks based on pure potential, but the question is a bit pointless anyway. I mean, Kwame Brown still has an enormous amount of potential but I don't ever see it getting realized. Besides, in a league that has a 20 year old named LeBron James, I think it's getting a bit foolish to talk about future potential in today's NBA.

F

Fillmoe

chandler..... livingston...... igoudala....... biedrens....... LOUL DENG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! captain kirk(hinrich)!!!!!!!

a guy whos a star already in his 2nd year.. DWAYNE WADE......

but most definetely the boy LUOL DENG is gonna be a monster!

Jon Bender.

Okay, no.

I've got to go with my man David Harrison here. Just watch. He's going to explode. :cool:

He's layed of the twinkies, too. He's looking slim.

Last edited:
kwame is the epitome of unrealized potential- but there is still a whole list of players out there who still have got a ways to go.

i like the manu pick- i wouldn't even be surprised if he eclipses duncan as the "go-to" guy this coming season. just to think he was taken in the ninth round of my fantasy basketball league last season.

Open Mic Night!!!

VF21 said:

Please let all of us know when you'll be at "Open Mic Night" at any Comedy Club. I'll drink and applaud for anyone who zings at the Warriors or Raiders!!! :p

If he decided to play on a team.....

I'd have to say Kobe Bryant, if he ever decides to play with a team!:cool:

tubiscus said:

I'd have to say Kobe Bryant, if he ever decides to play with a team!:cool:
for all the knocks on bryant, he does have 3 rings, we should remember.

Kwame Brown, Darko, Hinrich, Chandler. Carmelo's stock seems to have fallen this last year, but I think he will be very very good. But those are just the obvious choices. I'm sure there are lots of young guys out there just waiting to break out.

Carmelo's stock was falling when Karl wasn't coach. After that it picked right back up again, especially showed in playoffs. A full season with Karl and the improved Nuggets will do wonders.

Iguodala is gonna be absolutely great some day. I love that guy, he's already a damn good player, showing much versatility. I think got a bit overlooked last season.

I also think Hinrich will be a top 5 PG in the league down the line. Deng will be great, don't know about superstar though. Ben Gordon will be awesome (as if he isn't already), I think could be a superstar, and will develop his overall game more. Okafor is gonna be a top PF (3/5), and superstar, same for Dwight Howard (who is just a monster). Both are already really good. I think Dalembert once he develops his offensive game some more, will be a legit top center, and a beast. He already is in the areas of shotblocking/boarding.

Of course LeBron is already incredible, and will only get better. Same for D-Wade.

Last edited:
Jamal Sampson will be the next KG.

Ok jokes apart, for someone who hasn't played a second of pro ball yet, my vote goes to Gerald Green, if he has his atttude in check.

O

ONEZERO

captain bill said:
With 2 rings and Olympic Gold. I would be more than happy to see him in a Kings uni.
i was just joking.... but jokes aside im serious about him being overrated.... the guy literally is the wildest player i have ever seen.... u can take a rip at the ball and u wont even come close to him and he'll fall down... what makes his flopping worse than fishers or vlades is that he flops on offense.

Darko I think has all of the tools to be the ultimate PF in the league. He just needs put it all together mentally and have a coach that instills confidence in him. We will see if can tap that potential with Flip as a coach. If he can not then he will be a bust. I think Darko is the quickest seven footer in the NBA not named KG.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ONEZERO said:
i was just joking.... but jokes aside im serious about him being overrated.... the guy literally is the wildest player i have ever seen.... u can take a rip at the ball and u wont even come close to him and he'll fall down... what makes his flopping worse than fishers or vlades is that he flops on offense.
Hardly overrated -- not a superstar, or one in waiting. But a bigtime ballsy dsiruptive force. Wanted him above all others last summer, even though it was not realistic.

As of right now I think that Andre Iguodala has great oppurtunity to be real good in this league. He is extremely athletic, a good rebounder, and can also pass the ball. This kid got a couple triple doubles and came close a few other times. If he can work on his J's a little more and become more of a threat with jump shot, I think he can be one of the better all around players in this league. Don't be surprise if you see him average close to a triple double in a few years.

Dwight Howard will be a star one day.

I'll add Josh Smith to the list. Swing man rookie who averaged 9pts, 6 boards and under 2 blks a game. If he ever gets his offensive game together- handles and outside shooting- he'll be a star.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Mad D said:
Ding! Ding! Ding!

I think of everyone listed, poor Ford does fit the title of the thread the most. You have to wonder, however, if he'll ever get back to where he was before the injury...

I wish him all the best.