What's up with this?

buddahead_916 said:
Is it just me or is Doug wearing the armband that was supposed to be the Majic's way of showing remorse for Cuttino leaving the team? You can clearly see the number three on it so I'm assuming that's what it is. Seems a little odd that the player they traded for would be wearing the armband of the player they lost....If that makes any sense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo?slug=naf10301160223.magic_pacers_naf103&prov=ap
Well...he's sad that they lost Mobley because that meant he's coming to Orlando...if that makes any sense ;)

yah...he's been wearing that for a loooong time. i never really knew what it was. always figured it was some sort of infinity symbol. i dunno, never really payed that much attention.

Padrino said:
yah...he's been wearing that for a loooong time. i never really knew what it was. always figured it was some sort of infinity symbol. i dunno, never really payed that much attention.
i forget the exact meaning but the basic message is suppose to be that he and jackie's love is infinite. i think it's the symbol she uses for their clothing line as well.

Thats "infinite love" (it's an 1/2 an infinity symbol and 1/2 of a heart connected). On the other side that you can't see is a #1.. so it's really 13. He's worn that for awhile now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So what? I think we can all safely quit bashing Jackie at every opportunity. The point is the armband isn't new; it's something Doug has always worn AND it has nothing to do with Cuttino Mobley.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
So what? I think we can all safely quit bashing Jackie at every opportunity.
Oh no -- she's not part of the family anymore. Now we all get to make "infinite fun" of the crazy aunt without concerns about it being some form of disloyalty. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
Oh no -- she's not part of the family anymore. Now we all get to make "infinite fun" of the crazy aunt without concerns about it being some form of disloyalty. ;)
We don't discuss other player's personal lives so I don't think Jackie is an open target. The only reason she was fair game when Doug was here was because of the impact she had on our team, organization, etc. That's gone so I don't think she's grist for our mill. I'm sure the Magic boards will have enough to say...

I'm moving this thread to the NBA forum, BTW. Doug isn't a King any more so just like Scot, Hedo, Jason, etc. discussions about him should go there.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Um...a) Jackie's personal life is not personal -- she makes it public and is about to do a reality Tv show on it; and b) since when? The only person who's personal life we kept off the boards was Kobe. And the only reason we did that was to avoid ugliness and speculation about a violent crime. Otherwise we talk about everyone who'sd conduct goes public all the time. Our guys and other guys. Had threads on Malone hitting on Kobe's wife. On guys getting tasered in bars. Guys dogfighting, smoking dope, hitting girlfriends etc.

You're quick to jump to Jackie's defense, and I know you approve of her conduct. But she has brought any scrutiny of her conduct on herself, and beyond staining a good man who she is married to, I don't feel at all guilty about calling her on it. She's a public figure, not a private one, and I doubt she'd have it any other way.

buddahead_916 said:
Is it just me or is Doug wearing the armband that was supposed to be the Majic's way of showing remorse for Cuttino leaving the team?
Please don't tell me the Magic are mourning the loss of Mobley with armbands. If so, get over it you P's.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Brick - As quick as I am to jump to her defense, you are always among the leaders who attack her, the lifestyle she and Doug have chosen to lead, etc.

We continue to agree to disagree. If people start posting comments about her in the context of a thread, that's one thing. If, on the other hand, they start threads simply to lambast her - or anyone else - then I'm not going to support it.

To bring the discussion back to basketball...Anyone see DC in the second quarter in this game against the Pistons? He picked The Finals MVP's pocket real good and even got the assist on the save by flying outa bounds. He's crafty...

Im not ready to watch DC playing for another team yet...i know if i watch i'll get all sad and pathetic...and well it won't be a good ending

but its nice to see DC making contributions in for O-Town

iheartBrad said:
Im not ready to watch DC playing for another team yet...i know if i watch i'll get all sad and pathetic...and well it won't be a good ending

but its nice to see DC making contributions in for O-Town
If you really want to be sad Hedo's got 17 pts at the half... maybe they will pick up Bobby and Scott Pollard next year and Orlando can be like a second Kings team.