[Game] Kings vs. Blazers, 1/13/21 7pm PST, 10pm EST

So you want him to do good and trade him? Right. Lets trade fox too while he's cooking. Then draft more and do it all over again. Stay thr farm team we know and love smh
This team isnt making the playoffs the way it is constructed right now. So yes trade hield (28 years old and awful D) when you get a chance.

Fox is 23 and has showed flashes of being a lock down defender. That's a reach to compare them.

Bagley has quietly put together several solid games. Aside from the melt down games after the dad tweet, seeing much better in many aspects of the game. Mark Jones saying on the broadcast that a Western Conference GM says we need to be patient because he’s a 21 year old kid putting up double doubles. I agree with this as long as he’s playing like he has the last 2 games or so. He hasn’t been a black hole, actually has moved his feet on defense, did well against Covington which should have been a tough matchup.
I think he looks better because they haven’t been designing plays specifically for him. No more forcing the ball to him on the block where he hasn’t been doing well since the beginning of the year. Just playing with the flow of the game. Getting dump offs around the rim, alley oops, quick jump hooks close to the basket and 3s. Just playing within himself is an easy 17/8 or so. Just gotta work on his defense and he will hopefully get more minutes.

I think he looks better because they haven’t been designing plays specifically for him. No more forcing the ball to him on the block where he hasn’t been doing well since the beginning of the year. Just playing with the flow of the game. Getting dump offs around the rim, alley oops, quick jump hooks close to the basket and 3s. Just playing within himself is an easy 17/8 or so. Just gotta work on his defense and he will hopefully get more minutes.
Yeah think he looks better simply as another piece of our offense rather than trying to be a star player. He might get to that point but he doesn't have to just yet. It's nice that his 3 point shot is going in a little more often and that he has made a few good defensive plays.

My take on this game. We outplayed the Blazers by a lot in the 1st and third quarters. Once our team got tired the Blazers had they're way with us. The most frustrating thing for me was seeing Fox and Buddy short arming shots because they were tired but left in for longer. Really teams just need to wait us out at this point. You have to give the blazers credit for being able to come through in crunch time and hitting they're shots. So why can't the Kings do that in games like this? Is it conditioning, Mentality. Not rotating in other players to give our stars rest? I have no idea. I just hope there is a plan.

The Kings do seem to start some games fast. They have a lot of good first halves. The third quarter takes them out of a lot of games. Other teams seem to save some of their effort for the fourth quarter. The Kings often look tired in the second half. This occurs even with a lot of substitutions.

Then the question becomes what part of the small ball team the Kings put out there is failing.
Yep, and find out how to correct the inability to maximize it's capabilities from a strategic level. Ultimately there may be no way this team ascends to where the expectations are but you have to give it every shot and play to the strengths of your talents and the trends of the league.