What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thesanityannex

funkykingston said:
I absolutely love the Blazing Arrow album. First in Flight, Feel That Way, Aural Pleasure and Release are some of my favorite cuts, but the entire record is fantastic.

If you don't already have them, I'd recommend Blackalicious' Nia album as well as Lyrics Born's solo album, Later That Day.
Kingston, you heard lyrics newest album-same sh**, different day???
its kinda like a remix of later that day with a lot of new songs too.

I'm assuming you have Latyrx as well.
Lateef the Truth Speaker got a solo as well-Maroon:Ambush

I've got the 'Tommy' (The Who) album going through my head right now. Now I want to run over to Dimple Records and buy theirs and the Broadway sountrack to it.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kingston, you heard lyrics newest album-same sh**, different day???
its kinda like a remix of later that day with a lot of new songs too.

I'm assuming you have Latyrx as well.
Lateef the Truth Speaker got a solo as well-Maroon:Ambush
I picked up the Lyrics Born remix album, but I have't listened to it yet.

I buy cds in bursts and in this case I've got eight new albums to listen to.

T

thesanityannex

I saw lyrics born live and it was one of the most intriguing performances I've ever seen. Try to catch a show if you can.

listening now: MC Paul Barman-Pallelujah

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw lyrics born live
I saw him at Harlow's a few months back.

Gift of Gab and Lateef were there in May. Good show. I have a special affinity for Gab as he went to my high school. He was a senior when I was a freshman.

BTW I am currently listening to Camper Van Beethoven - 51-7 from their new album New Roman Times.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jack Johnson
The new one?

I was a little disappointed with In Between Dreams. I still think On & On is his best album.

BTW I'm listening to Jack sing "Breakdown" on the Handsome Boys Modeling School album. I like this version a lot.

T

thesanityannex

funkykingston said:
The new one?

I was a little disappointed with In Between Dreams. I still think On & On is his best album.

BTW I'm listening to Jack sing "Breakdown" on the Handsome Boys Modeling School album. I like this version a lot.
Brushfire fairytales was better as well.

funkykingston said:
The new one?

My son crammed about 26 of his songs onto one CD for me ... he calls it "Rice Pickin' Music"

Sun has risen (not yet back to PST ... still on Hawaiian time)

Listening to ... morning sounds

wind is breezin' the the trees
the sound of someone's sprinklers in the distance
a few birds are chirping

Fillmoe said:
gimmie dat - webbie ft bun b
i love the beat to it! GIRL GIMMIE DAT!
The song is definetly hot...Bun B's part is the best part of the whole song...I do like Webbie's new song with Trina...I've only heard the song once though

Status
Not open for further replies.