Westbrook Landing spots

I thought it might be interesting to look at Westbrook trade scenerios. I have to assume they will trade him either before the season or at the break. Where do y'all think he ends up?

I have to imagine OKC will want a young potential star and 2 or 3 first rounders for him. How about Minnesota for KAT? Knicks for RJ and other pieces? Denver? Some weird reunion with Harden in Houston?

It would be the most Knicksy thing if they traded for Westbrook and gave up any valuable future assets or young players. If the Thunder are looking for salary relief, they could trade for John Wall and then rake in that insurance money for this season.

Orlando could use a top flight PG... how many teams realistically want a ball dominant guard who can't shoot?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I would like to see him go to the Heat and team up with Jimmy but Miami just doesn't have any assets they can send OKC's direction so they wouldn't be the best of trade partners. If the Suns want to start winning now with Booker and Ayton they have some pieces they can send for Russ.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I would like to see him go to the Heat and team up with Jimmy but Miami just doesn't have any assets they can send OKC's direction so they wouldn't be the best of trade partners. If the Suns want to start winning now with Booker and Ayton they have some pieces they can send for Russ.
Can you imagine Booker and Westbrook fighting for the ball? Lol

Miami’s the only type of team that should make the move... not a team that’s young with upside, not a team that’s already good, but a team in mediocre purgatory.

WTF? No way, what a disaster.

Saw this on Carmichael Dave’s Twitter.
Interesting, if true. Probably would be Hield, Bogdan and a pick.
We'd need to make up like $30 million in salary there.

Zach Lowe says all OKC can hope for is bad contracts in return for Westbrook's, but broken into more pieces that will be easier to move.

Westbrook's stock is pretty low right now. His huge contract is considered a negative by most at this point. I don't think the Thunder will get much back for him. As for Orlando, I think they want too see what they have in Fultz before considering someone like Westbrook.

I think Wiggins makes the most sense for all involved.

The only other contract this bad is John Wall but at least the other two guys can actually play.

Westbrook would fit well on Orlando's team since Vuc can stretch the floor. Miami would be interesting. I think him and butler would enjoy playing together ad they are cut from same cloth

Detroit for Blake, maybe? Bring Blake home and keep selling out. Business ops has to factor in here for OKC. They’ve literally never been bad. Not sure how a rebuild will be received in a market that is not naturally oriented towards basketball.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The only way the Kings get involved in a Westbrook trade is to facilitate it somehow, not to get Westbrook. Westbrook on the Kings goes against everything Vlade has been doing over the last couple of years.

Only teams that think he can get them to an NBA championship next year are going to want to make a trade for Westbrook.

P.S. While Leonard and George were chatting it up with OKC, the Clipps and Toronto, it would have been interesting if the OKC general manager decided to include Westbrook in the conversation. Given that Leonard and George were leaving Westbrook holding the bag, it would have been an interesting discussion!:D

P.S. While Leonard and George were chatting it up with OKC, the Clipps and Toronto, it would have been interesting if the OKC general manager decided to include Westbrook in the conversation. Given that Leonard and George were leaving Westbrook holding the bag, it would have been an interesting discussion!:D
There were rumors that he tried to do that with Toronto.

Houston, Detroit and Miami are rumored as interested. I assume Houston's package would include Paul's contract and Detroit's would include Griffin's. For Miami, Dragic and a couple of their spare bigmen would get them in the salary ballpark.

Minnesota for Wiggins a win for both teams
Damn I thought he was supposed to be back playing this year. Now that I've googled him it looks like yet another mysterious something or another keeping him off the court.

That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. He's lining up to be the biggest bust since Oden. I'd say since Bennett, but he shouldn't have been a first overall pick in the first place.

Actually Oden played well on the court before his injuries, Markelle did not. So he may just be the biggest bust in a while.