[WEST] Playoffs - Round 1

Who wins in the first round? (Pick 4 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I agree. However, I have lost count of how many times I have heard around here that it would be better to lose and get a high draft pick than to get swept in the first round of the playoffs.
People who consume sports-as-entertainment in terms of "championships are the only thing that matter" tend to see no entertainment value in rooting for a team that can't compete for the championship.

They really shut him down. I have not gotten to watch as much of the Pelicans as I would have liked this season. I caught quite a few Blazers games though and did not foresee them getting totally dominated like this. Happy for the Pels though. Still sad Boogie doesn't get to play.:confused:
Was unexpected but after their hot run they didn't finish strong so I guess it was a fluke? It's funny because I was thinking maybe they survived their horrid 2016 contract hand out but I guess not. Now they are once again locked in cap hell and looking for answers.

Was unexpected but after their hot run they didn't finish strong so I guess it was a fluke? It's funny because I was thinking maybe they survived their horrid 2016 contract hand out but I guess not. Now they are once again locked in cap hell and looking for answers.
Gentry ( actually word is it was asst. coach Darren Erman ) came up with an effective defensive scheme. Who knows, maybe even Rondo had a say. The Blazers are indeed still in a financial crunch with some very bad contracts. I think they need to break up the Lillard/ McCollum back court much the same as the W's traded Monta Ellis. Not sure on Stotts' role moving forward.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gentry ( actually word is it was asst. coach Darren Erman ) came up with an effective defensive scheme. Who knows, maybe even Rondo had a say. The Blazers are indeed still in a financial crunch with some very bad contracts. I think they need to break up the Lillard/ McCollum back court much the same as the W's traded Monta Ellis. Not sure on Stotts' role moving forward.
Never underestimate the power of playoff Rondo in all regards.

It's hard to believe Gentry outcoached anyone and yet here we are. Stotts is pretty interesting, he's gotten the team to overachieve at times and yet I can't help but feel he's nothing special, maybe it's all Dame. I know he's frustrated.

It's hard to believe Gentry outcoached anyone and yet here we are. Stotts is pretty interesting, he's gotten the team to overachieve at times and yet I can't help but feel he's nothing special, maybe it's all Dame. I know he's frustrated.
Just a year or so ago Gentry was the one on the hot seat and Stotts has been floating on the fact that the Blazers have been overachieving since LA left.

I do like Stotts a lot, but I still believe a MAJOR shakeup is in order. Coach, breaking up CJ and Dame (choose one) , and dumping some bad contracts are imperative.

Niel Olshey is one of my favorite GM's. Portland has the odd infirmity of having an owner that has infinite pockets and takes good financial care of EVERY one on his team, for better and for worse.

Just a year or so ago Gentry was the one on the hot seat and Stotts has been floating on the fact that the Blazers have been overachieving since LA left.

I do like Stotts a lot, but I still believe a MAJOR shakeup is in order. Coach, breaking up CJ and Dame (choose one) , and dumping some bad contracts are imperative.

Niel Olshey is one of my favorite GM's. Portland has the odd infirmity of having an owner that has infinite pockets and takes good financial care of EVERY one on his team, for better and for worse.
Olshey signed those hideous contracts though. And for whatever reason they also matched on Crabbe and I think one or two others they were lucky to rid themselves of. The girl I was dating at the time was a huge Blazers fan so I was watching a lot more than usual.

I mean, Gentry is spectacularly mediocre, but I've got nothing but disregard for Terry Stotts. Possibly the most overrated head coach in the league right now, IMO; if you told me he got outcoached by Keith Smart, I'd believe it.
He's certainly about as bland and generic as it gets but I do feel that's not unusual in Portland. McMillan was the same way. Even going back to Adelman's time in Portland they seemed like a player-based franchise. (granted I was 16 or 17 in their best year) I think you have to go back to Dr. Jack to find a coach anyone talks about here.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
since Dame also does rap when he isn't playing hoops, maybe his mind isn't all in basketball as it should be? speculation on my part of course but a player of that magnitude was a complete no show when a few years ago versus the Rockets he torched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.