[WEST] Playoffs - Round 1

Who wins in the first round? (Pick 4 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
since Dame also does rap when he isn't playing hoops, maybe his mind isn't all in basketball as it should be? speculation on my part of course but a player of that magnitude was a complete no show when a few years ago versus the Rockets he torched them.
My Blazer loving ex-gf had the biggest ladyboner for Dame and I think saw him do his record drop performance ... I know some folks dug it but I really don't know how much energy he has put into it the past season or two because I haven't heard much about it as of late. Then again my source on all that is long gone. Honestly, they really did flat out get outcoached. There were breakdowns on The Ringer (I think) of what the Pels were doing defensively, to just completely shut them down, it was embarrassing that they had no answer but pretty much flat out it was a case of prep and the Blazers being caught so off guard they couldn't counter.

My Blazer loving ex-gf had the biggest ladyboner for Dame and I think saw him do his record drop performance ... I know some folks dug it but I really don't know how much energy he has put into it the past season or two because I haven't heard much about it as of late. Then again my source on all that is long gone. Honestly, they really did flat out get outcoached. There were breakdowns on The Ringer (I think) of what the Pels were doing defensively, to just completely shut them down, it was embarrassing that they had no answer but pretty much flat out it was a case of prep and the Blazers being caught so off guard they couldn't counter.
It is quite a remarkable feat to be outcoached by Alvin Gentry

Donovan strikes again, 13 points in the fourth quarter to help tie the series. The guy simply has the IT factor. Kings lose again.
And carries the ball more than any player I've ever seen in the NBA. He should've been called for travelling every other time he drives in the game I watched.

People who consume sports-as-entertainment in terms of "championships are the only thing that matter" tend to see no entertainment value in rooting for a team that can't compete for the championship.
He or she would be called a front-runner or fair weather fan. I see more casual Warriors paraphernalia now regionally or internationally than at any time in life. Although I am not a Warriors fan perse, I don't have anything close to the animosity toward them as Bryant and the Lakers. But once Bryant retired, that went away too. My Brother really dislikes the Warriors specifically due to this Norcal brethen thing which I find interesting. But then you have on the other spectrum fans who are so tunnel visioned with their one team that they can't enjoy watching other teams which I think is equally sad. Have co-worker as a Raiders fan who is like that. If its not Raiders he doesn't care.

Playoff Rondo at it again. This has to be really disheartening for the Blazers. Who saw this curb stomping by the Pelicans coming? Hopefully they can ride this wave and save a little for the Dubs in round 2.

Edit: Apparently VF21, Telemachus and Turgenev saw this coming :p
I would be surprised if not.

They really shut him down. I have not gotten to watch as much of the Pelicans as I would have liked this season. I caught quite a few Blazers games though and did not foresee them getting totally dominated like this. Happy for the Pels though. Still sad Boogie doesn't get to play.:confused:
Recall a few ago when Lillard completely meeked out against the Spurs in the playoffs.....sometimes it can happen I guess.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Russell Westbrook has just rocketed to the top of my "what an effing jerk" list. I don't care how good he is.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I would not want to be those officials if they eject Crowder. I don't think Crowder was even aware Adams was there - which he shouldn't have been anyway.

I'm happy for you, but sad at the same time. I wish we had a player of Mitchell's caliber on this team...sigh.
Hield has a similar jumper (maybe not as accurate), but he doesn't have Mitchell's aggressiveness to the hole. The Jazz are pretty good, but they were that last year. Don't quite count the Thunder out yet.

It really is hard to put to words how much fun this team is to watch. They play with joy. They play together and they play for each other. The whole state is a buzz with Jazz fever.
I like how, over the years, the Jazz have largely maintained a core culture of tough-nosed physicality regardless of the team’s talent level. They always body up on the opposition and make them work.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I like how, over the years, the Jazz have largely maintained a core culture of tough-nosed physicality regardless of the team’s talent level. They always body up on the opposition and make them work.
It all starts up stairs. When they had Sloan and after Sloan they've had the culture, who's been their GM through all this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.