VF21

This is so sad to hear. Kingsfans.com and VF21 were synonymous as long as I can remember. Could always count on her positivity in game threads when it was 90% negativity. She did a great job here as a mod, keeping things smooth and sane with all the other mods. She will be missed on this site and kings fandom has lost one of the great ones. RIP

VF21 was the heart and soul of KingsFans. Ever since I joined in 2002 after the Laker/Kings series, I realized her passion for the Kings, her innate decency, leadership ability and overall dedication to making sure this community of basketball fans would maintain respect, decorum and honesty. She was a class act, and while I never met her personally, I felt like I "knew" her. Sincerest condolences and prayers to her family and to the KingsFans family. She will be missed and never forgotten.

Sometime in 2007 when Kevin Martin signed his 5 year 55 million dollar extension, she had started what I assumed was a congratulations thread to him. I made several posts questioning the $$ amount. She deleted them all. I was unaware of how much a Martin fan she was at the time, lol. We argued about that for years. Much later on she denied every doing it, but then said she probably did. LOL.

That's my main memory of interacting with her.

This saddens me to no end. Christine was all heart. She was all KINGS. To her family and this website, she was all-everything.

Christine routinely PM‘d KINGS related articles to me that were behind paywalls to which she knew I didn’t have access.

She also offered to ship a KINGS cheer card for my collection.

I was already missing her presence and influence on this forum before I even heard this news.

I just wish this damn team could have started winning again while she could enjoy it.

This is a significant loss for KF.com. I've been a member here for seventeen years now. There are others who are more tenured still, but that span of time represents half my life. For as long as I can recall, VF21 was a vigilant, vibrant, and overwhelmingly positive presence. She was certainly a devoted Kings fan, but she also cared deeply for this particular community.

RIP, and condolences to all for whom she surely meant the world.

I'm sad to hear this. I've known Christine for over two decades through this board and got to hang out with her once many years ago. I wish I could have maintained her level of optimism and enthusiasm through all these years. This is a great loss to the forum and the larger Kings fan community.

I have not posted in a few years but i signed up when i was in the navy stationed in Japan, VF21 was the first person to welcome me onboard. Every time i interacted with her she was a class act all the way, i too had wondered where she had been and unfortunately now we know...
Fair Winds Christine, you will be missed

I remember back in the day maybe 15-20 years ago, VF used to do the play by play threads every game. I live in canada so i didnt get all the Kings games on TV... so i would read her threads religiously and listen to the radio pbp of the games. She was a big reason i kept my fandom going. I use to literally miss high-school parties to stay home and READ the games! lol

Rest in Peace

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I remember back in the day maybe 15-20 years ago, VF used to do the play by play threads every game. I live in canada so i didnt get all the Kings games on TV... so i would read her threads religiously and listen to the radio pbp of the games. She was a big reason i kept my fandom going. I use to literally miss high-school parties to stay home and READ the games! lol

Rest in Peace
The PBP threads were essential reading for out-of-towners. When I was still on active duty, I used to rely on those, when I was deployed.

It's shocking to hear about VF21 though I must admit I was a bit concerned last week when I noticed she was not active around here for quite sometime. It was very difficult for her to stay away from KF, which she took care like a mother hen.

She's known for her PBP thread, which was often the only way for an overseas fan to keep track of the Kings during those glory days. She was the golden standard before there was ESPN Gamecast, which btw is not as fast or accurate as her.

She's probably the most intense Kings fan who always saw things with purple colored glasses. This positive streak extended to her moderation too & kept out a lot of inane negative stuff off these boards. We will miss your positive energy over here. Rest in peace, VF21.