• Bamba

• Mikal Bridges

• Miles Bridges

• Jackson

• Porter

• T young

• Carter

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll be fine if we end up 6. Give me the chance to take MY choice of Carter/Mikal/Miles/Bamba maybe a Bagley or JJJ if they fall etc rather than wondering which one falls to us at 9.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I took my time in making up my mind on this decision, but I think I'm there. My answer is Bagley. And not only do I take Bagley #3, I probably take him in front of Ayton. Bagley has a combination of size, speed, overall skill, hustle, and BBIQ that I think is likely to outshine everybody else in the draft, with the possible exception of Doncic, whom I can't really evaluate.

I took my time in making up my mind on this decision, but I think I'm there. My answer is Bagley. And not only do I take Bagley #3, I probably take him in front of Ayton. Bagley has a combination of size, speed, overall skill, hustle, and BBIQ that I think is likely to outshine everybody else in the draft, with the possible exception of Doncic, whom I can't really evaluate.
It would be really fun to watch him run the floor with Fox

Getting there too. He's already so skilled in certain areas that there's little chance in my eyes he just flat out busts. I think he walks into the NBA next year at 15-10. And with his physical/athleticism profile along with his outstanding work-ethic and hustle, it's hard for me to believe he doesn't figure out how to be an elite defender and a solid perimeter player too at the next level. The handle is already pretty solid and he's got a decent shot-form. I just don't think he's really needed or tried to put much into playing on the perimeter because he hasn't ever had the need with the way he dominates at the rim.

Watching him play small-ball 5 today vs Rhode Island is so tantalizing too with the current core. I wonder if that might be the best spot for him to start at least as he figures out his perimeter offensive game especially as he's so good around the rim and on the glass already. Fox/Bogdan/Buddy/Skal/Bagley LU? Insanely good spacing and opening up the paint for Fox drives.

Last edited:
Wendell Carter too absolutely stands out as an elite prospect who's probably not getting the hype he deserves with Ayton/Bagley/JJJ/Bamba in this class too. But man... dude just does everything on the court. He's an impact defender as a rim protector with the size/strength to hang with the big boys down low. He's got the lateral quickness to switch onto the perimeter, which is almost a necessity to be an elite big man defender in today's NBA, at both the 4 and the 5. Having a +7.7 DBPM is a fairly insane defensive impact.

He didn't take a lot of 3s, but hit them at 44% on 42 attempts. I don't see him being a "create off the dribble" kind of shooter, but he'll be extremely effective as a spot-up guy.

He's an excellent rebounder with a great understanding of how to use position and his body. This is important as he's not an overwhelming athlete, but still remains extremely effective on both the offensive and defensive glass. Matched Bagley in rebounding production this year.

Offensively, he's got really great feel and touch around the rim and has an effective face-up game/jumper, and can get to the rim. Assortment of nice post moves/footwork. Surprisingly, he actually had a BETTER FT rate than Bagley this year at .507, which is absolutely elite. He's more of a 1-2 dribble offensive threat then makes his move rather than having the ability to create off the bounce.

Maybe the most surprising is the AST rate at 13% playing on a team with so many quality offensive players on it. That to me shows he's more than just a "make the right pass" guy and his playmaking can be something to be developed at the next level.

Probably the only "knock" is he isn't an overwhelming great athlete like some of the other bigs in the draft. But he's got great size/length and he plays with extremely high BBIQ when on the floor that it's not noticeable at all. And it's not like he's a bad athlete by any means, but he's just not on the same tier as Bagley/Ayton/JJJ/Bamba. And similar to Mikal Bridges, he's not going to have the same offensive upside as Ayton/Doncic/Bagley/MPJ etc.

I wouldn't be shocked if Carter is one of the 3 best players in the draft in 5 years. He's just so quality at everything on the court. I see him as an absolutely ideal fit as a 5 in today's NBA with the ability to play the 4 in "big ball" lineups. The Al Horford comparison is thrown around in a lot of mocks and to me, that seems like a pretty apt comparison for a ceiling.

I think Ayton's stock fell last night, the question is will it recover or will anyone make a huge push to boost their's now that the spotlight is narrowing.If you think about it the needle really moves for players in the tourney and somebody's stock is going to soar.
I think Bagley is the guy with his needle moving to the top durng the tourny

Getting there too. He's already so skilled in certain areas that there's little chance in my eyes he just flat out busts. I think he walks into the NBA next year at 15-10. And with his physical/athleticism profile along with his outstanding work-ethic and hustle, it's hard for me to believe he doesn't figure out how to be an elite defender and a solid perimeter player too at the next level. The handle is already pretty solid and he's got a decent shot-form. I just don't think he's really needed or tried to put much into playing on the perimeter because he hasn't ever had the need with the way he dominates at the rim.

Watching him play small-ball 5 today vs Rhode Island is so tantalizing too with the current core. I wonder if that might be the best spot for him to start at least as he figures out his perimeter offensive game especially as he's so good around the rim and on the glass already. Fox/Bogdan/Buddy/Skal/Bagley LU? Insanely good spacing and opening up the paint for Fox drives.
Im with you guys too. After watching more of Bagley at end of season i think he is the best pick n draft (doncic is hard to compare)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
If we fall to 8 and Young is there I’m taking him over Bamba and Bridges he has star potential.

He can come off the bench with Buddy Hield and form an unstoppable duel also can play next to Fox in a lot of matchups. Actually a Young, Fox, and Bogdan lineup can close games vs 80% of the league.

Mpg for the backcourt

Fox: 30mpg- Young: 30mpg
Bogdan: 30mpg (10 at Sg) - Hield: 26mpg

He takes a lot of heat but that Oklahoma team is pure garbage absolute trash there’s a reason teams just double him at half court.
Young is close to an elite passer he makes advanced passes in pick and roll that seasoned vets make example is the cross court pass to the corner 3 that harden/Lebron do. I’d put him up there with Bogdan as a passer and playmaker but Young having more potential.
I really, really like Young, and I do agree, and like your idea of Young and Buddy coming off the bench. I just don't think we have that luxury yet. We still have a hole at the SF position and if we get a chance to fill that hole with a player that can play defense, and be a third scoring option, or more, then I think you have to go there first. So I would definitely take Mikal Bridges, if he's still there at 8, which I don't think he will be. I think Bridges could go as high at 6, and if Porter slides, maybe even at 5. Trust me, NBA scouts aren't ignorant of his abilities. I agree with The Jamal, that Bridges would be a seemless fit on the Kings.

He's a terrific and smart defender. He shoots the three extremely well at now 43%. He's unselfish, moves the ball, and seldom takes a bad shot. He's also a high character person, hard worker who has improved every year in college, and is loved by his teammates. He's also not afraid to take the big shot. And the highest compliment of all, is that Collin Sexton was so frustrated that he called Bridges a B***ch, which cost him a technical.

I would say that is a coin flip between Michael Porter and Marvin Bagley.

Michael Porter has elite athleticism and size, he's a decent shooter and has a ton of upside. I've seen him projected to a Joe Johnson and Kevin Durant. If that's a worst case and best case scenario, then the team that comes away from the draft with him should be very happy indeed. He's got the potential to be a number one option.

Marvin Bagley is another prospect with elite athleticism and size, he's also got the potential to be a really good defensive player if he learns to use his length and athleticism to his advantage. He's also got a developing jump shot and if he becomes more consistent at the three point line the sky really is the limit for him because he can be that modern day stretch four. He's been impressive at the tournament.

For me, if you need a SF draft Michael Porter, if you need a PF draft Marvin Bagley. If you need both positions flip a coin because I think these two prospects can be special.

Here’s the thing about Bagley: if Giles is healthy, he is basically a better, more skilled version of Bagley. Now, we fans will not know if Giles is truly ready to go, but the front office will.

Porter is not a small forward, and comparisons to KD are laughably off-based. Porter has elite verticality and straight line speed, but slightly above average lateral agility and “wiggle”. Meaning, he’s not cooking up two defenders on his way to the rack. He might get by his man if he catches on the move, or with a solid rip-thru, but a help man will stymie him every time, especially with his currently pedestrian handle. Porter can be a #1 in the way that Peja was at times, but will also need to have others creating shots for him. He is not a playmaker. Porter is a great prospect, but current expectations are totally out of proportion and will crush the kid at his first team.

Last edited:
My Kings bigboard has changed throughout the season. I'm kinda worried about MPJ and his speed after the back surgery. He looks really stiff and his ball handling will need a lot of work for the next level. I like JJJ and I think he's an immediate plug and play player with room to become more.. on the other hand, Bagley can be an instant offensive star, but he doesn't bring the defensive upside that JJJ has. I don't think the Kings have a #1 scorer yet. Well here's my board for the Kings:

1. Ayton
2. Doncic
3. Bagley
4. Jackson Jr
5. Porter Jr
6. Bamba
7. Mikal
8. Miles
9. Zhaire Smith
10. Knox

Last edited:
I'm not a big supporter of drafting "best player available." A lot of what dictates "best player available" is if you have a situation and environment to develop that player to even reach their potential. Having Fox & Young/Sexton could very well derail development and put the Kings in a position where they are getting pennies on the dollar when it comes time to move one of them in a trade.

With that in mind, this is how my list is shaking out (with PGs removed):

---Tier1---
Luka Doncic

---Tier 2---
Michael Porter Jr. (if his injury reports are promising)
Marvin Bagley
Deandre Ayton

---Tier 3---
Mikal Bridges
Jaren Jackson
Miles Bridges

---Tier 4---
Kevin Knox
Wendell Carter
Mo Bamba

I understand that this probably looks a lot different than a lot of your lists, but I don't put a lot of value in drafting bigs high in the draft (sort of how NFL teams are trending away from taking RBs early in the draft). As the game has moved more and more to the perimeter, the top teams in the league are no longer being led by elite big men. If we're supposed to be trying to land a franchise cornerstone and someone who will lead us to be a great team, we need a great wing (HOU has Harden, GSW has Durant & Thompson, SA has Leonard, OKC has George, MIN has Butler, CLE has LeBron, TOR has DeRozan, WAS has Beal, IND has Oladipo).

I'm not a big supporter of drafting "best player available." A lot of what dictates "best player available" is if you have a situation and environment to develop that player to even reach their potential. Having Fox & Young/Sexton could very well derail development and put the Kings in a position where they are getting pennies on the dollar when it comes time to move one of them in a trade.

With that in mind, this is how my list is shaking out (with PGs removed):

---Tier1---
Luka Doncic

---Tier 2---
Michael Porter Jr. (if his injury reports are promising)
Marvin Bagley
Deandre Ayton

---Tier 3---
Mikal Bridges
Jaren Jackson
Miles Bridges

---Tier 4---
Kevin Knox
Wendell Carter
Mo Bamba

I understand that this probably looks a lot different than a lot of your lists, but I don't put a lot of value in drafting bigs high in the draft (sort of how NFL teams are trending away from taking RBs early in the draft). As the game has moved more and more to the perimeter, the top teams in the league are no longer being led by elite big men. If we're supposed to be trying to land a franchise cornerstone and someone who will lead us to be a great team, we need a great wing (HOU has Harden, GSW has Durant & Thompson, SA has Leonard, OKC has George, MIN has Butler, CLE has LeBron, TOR has DeRozan, WAS has Beal, IND has Oladipo).
I really, really like this approach and totally agree with your vision of team building. I would switch Porter with Mikal. I’ve been all over these boards about Porter being a stretch 4. He could be a lethal 4, but I don’t think that creates the gravity of a tier 2 player the level of Bagley/Ayton/Mikal. I would also flop Miles and Carter. I’ve been converted on Carter. He can plug into any team and produce. Genuinely brilliant kid that seems like a Horford or Bosh type personality; capable of reinventing himself multiple times. Miles could be highly productive on the right team with a LOT of length on the perimeter—I think he’s a 4 in SF’s clothing.