Trade With Memphis

I am a Memphis Grizzlie fan and I have heard some rumors of us trading down and I wanted to know what you think about this trade with you guys. Memphis trades #2 (Ricky Rubio) and maybe Darko Milicic or Darrell Arthur to Sacremento for Jason Thompson and #4 (James Harden). The Grizzlies get their starting Power Forward we need and a good 6th man. The Kings get their potential star PG and can move Hawes to PF and Darko at Center or play Arthur at PF. What do yall think?

Uhhh if Thompson were in this draft he would be #2 or #3. Same as Rubio. I would not trade an athletic PF #2 or #3 and the 4th pick for Rubio. Pipe dream for you guys.

Try #4 and #31, I think that's more realistic.

I am a Memphis Grizzlie fan and I have heard some rumors of us trading down and I wanted to know what you think about this trade with you guys. Memphis trades #2 (Ricky Rubio) and maybe Darko Milicic or Darrell Arthur to Sacremento for Jason Thompson and #4 (James Harden). The Grizzlies get their starting Power Forward we need and a good 6th man. The Kings get their potential star PG and can move Hawes to PF and Darko at Center or play Arthur at PF. What do yall think?

No offense, but I would offer our #4 + #31 for the #2. If you look at the past drafts, thats been fairly common to offer an early 2nd rd pick as incentive to move up 1 or 2 spots.

I mean, Rubio has potential. But so does guys like Evans and Holiday. There is no reason to give up young talent like JT or Hawes to get someone that has just about the same potential as the other PGs. This draft may not be deep in terms of hyped potential superstars. But his yr's draft is the deepest of PGs in many yrs. I think we can get an all star PG at #4 also.

Not trying to be rude, but why would we give up a prospect + pick for a PG that finally started to show a little promise at the end of last season? Exchange Conley for #2 and we might be talking

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Hawes isn't a PF. I literally hate Milicic, and I think he hates the NBA. I want no part of him on my team. I can almost guarantee you that when his current contract is up, he will flee back to europe. Arthur is an undersized power forward, who may eventually turn into another Millsap, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Both those players make a combined salary next year of $8,590,480.00. Thompson will make $2,035,920.00. So we would be taking on an additional $6,554,560.00 in salary, along with two players I don't like, just to move up two spots in the draft. I'll pass thank you.

wont work too.. we could get some one better than conley at the 4...

only way we would be trading greene and 4th is for the 2
Lets see Conley was a #4 pick on one of the strongest drafts. But you can get someone better at #4 in one of the weakest drafts???

Hawes isn't a PF. I literally hate Milicic, and I think he hates the NBA. I want no part of him on my team. I can almost guarantee you that when his current contract is up, he will flee back to europe. Arthur is an undersized power forward, who may eventually turn into another Millsap, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Both those players make a combined salary next year of $8,590,480.00. Thompson will make $2,035,920.00. So we would be taking on an additional $6,554,560.00 in salary, along with two players I don't like, just to move up two spots in the draft. I'll pass thank you.
Darko is an expiring

what about Mike Conley for #4 and Green?
Personally, I'm high on Conley; and I suspect I am of the minority here. But I wouldn't do #4 + Greene for Conley. I'd consider if it's Conley for #4 straight up but that depends on how the PG plays out, which is too early to tell at this point.

Btw, why don't you guys just draft Thabeet and go home happy? I mean, the worst rebounding team in the league gets the biggest guy in the draft, it looks like a match made in heaven.

Why are you trying to rip the grizzlies off so much. In a weak draft you offer the 23rd and a 2nd rounder. Keep Dreaming
its not a rip off giving up a good prospect and the 4 pick for an unproven point guard it sound more like you are trying to rip of the kings.

we wont give hawes or thompson for milicic... even if he is expiring.

you said it yourself he is one of the 4th pick in the one of the strongest drafts... why would you trade him instead of an unknown in rubio right?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why are you trying to rip the grizzlies off so much. In a weak draft you offer the 23rd and a 2nd rounder. Keep Dreaming
Um, you came here and asked what we would think of your idea. Sorry if the responses don't meet your needs but we suffered through a very long and dismal season to get the worst record in the league and still only ended up with the #4 pick.

Sorry if we're not willing to give away that hard-earned pick to make your team better.

Personally, I'm high on Conley; and I suspect I am of the minority here. But I wouldn't do #4 + Greene for Conley. I'd consider if it's Conley for #4 straight up but that depends on how the PG plays out, which is too early to tell at this point.

Btw, why don't you guys just draft Thabeet and go home happy? I mean, the worst rebounding team in the league gets the biggest guy in the draft, it looks like a match made in heaven.
We don't want Thabeet! At least the fans don't. We already have Gasol who is a very good center and Heisley is the only one who wants Thabeet

Keep dreaming? You just offered us Conley for our #4 and Donte Greene...

To be honest i wouldn't even do Conley for Greene straight up

you can always trade the 2 and 4 straight up if you dont want him.. we could always throw in greene...you get the 4th AND greene..

Um, you came here and asked what we would think of your idea. Sorry if the responses don't meet your needs but we suffered through a very long and dismal season to get the worst record in the league and still only ended up with the #4 pick.

Sorry if we're not willing to give away that hard-earned pick to make your team better.
Don't come in with that sob story. We had the worst record in the league when Oden, Durant, or Horford would be great to get. But we got the #4. The next year we are the 4th worst. And the next year the 6th. You have no clue how it feels to be the laughing stock of the NBA because your owner wont spend any money and no one goes to the games

you can always trade the 2 and 4 straight up if you dont want him.. we could always throw in greene...you get the 4th AND greene..

I am really not to fond of the idea of trading Donte Greene, I think you guys have given up on him to early. I know one day the kid will become a star I just know it. He has to much potential to just give away, I think if we trade him we will have another Gerald Wallace scenerio.

Keep dreaming? You just offered us Conley for our #4 and Donte Greene...

To be honest i wouldn't even do Conley for Greene straight up
You wouldn't trade a guy who averaged 4 points a game for someone who plays the position you really need and whos stats were just as good as D Rose's after the coaching change. Okay???

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't come in with that sob story. We had the worst record in the league when Oden, Durant, or Horford would be great to get. But we got the #4. The next year we are the 4th worst. And the next year the 6th. You have no clue how it feels to be the laughing stock of the NBA because your owner wont spend any money and no one goes to the games
I'm not coming in with anything.

You guys dumped Pau Gasol to the Lakers in arguably the most questionable trade to ever be completed in the NBA. THAT'S when you became a laughing stock, again IMHO.

As I said, you came here asking for opinions and you're getting them. Acting like we're being unfair is like stepping into a cow pasture and pretending to be surprised you get bullpoop on your shoes.

:)

And what's with the attitude, dude?

trade straight up 2 and 4.. jordan hill is athletic enough... same verts as blake.. and your need is the PF. 4th and 31st..

kings next move is to buy wiz pick. 5th take derozan or who ever..

dude we where the laughing stock of the league all through the 80's and most of the 90's don't come in here telling us we don't don't know what it is like to be the laughing stock of the league.

We don't want Thabeet! At least the fans don't. We already have Gasol who is a very good center and Heisley is the only one who wants Thabeet

Obviously you don't want Rubio either or else you wouldn't be entertaining moving down. I'm just curious, if not Thabeet or Rubio who do you want the Grizz to draft? Jordan Hill perhaps? He seems to me to be the best fit, although he is the least likely to be a star out of the top picks. Or perhaps someone else?