Trade target or ‘21 FA target thread

Four intriguing trade scenarios for the Kings (msn.com)

Looking at these 4 Intriguing trades? If Monte traded HB,Beli,Buddy,Hassan for
Basically 2 crappy 1st picks 2021,2022 from playoff teams
7- 2nd rd picks 2021-2025
Carson Edwards,Jeff Teague(Ender),Jordan Poole,Tim Hardaway(Ender), McKinnie
I dont see any of these players in our future

Screw all of these trades

Maybe the Beli and Hassan trades since they will both be gone anyway

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Four intriguing trade scenarios for the Kings (msn.com)

Looking at these 4 Intriguing trades? If Monte traded HB,Beli,Buddy,Hassan for
Basically 2 crappy 1st picks 2021,2022 from playoff teams
7- 2nd rd picks 2021-2025
Carson Edwards,Jeff Teague(Ender),Jordan Poole,Tim Hardaway(Ender), McKinnie
I dont see any of these players in our future

Screw all of these trades

Maybe the Beli and Hassan trades since they will both be gone anyway
Honestly the Bjelica trade is probably the best we could hope for. I'm not super high on Poole but the Minny 2nd rounder this year would be a 31/32ish pick, and then another second on top of that...I don't imagine we'll get a better offer.

The Whiteside offer is uninspiring.

The Barnes offer can go kick rocks.

The Buddy offer is not great and I'd rather stand pat, and I can't imagine it would be the best offer on the table.

Porzingis is only 25 so ... still I don’t know the extent of his issues making Dallas consider moving him.
Also read that Dallas was interested in bringing Barnes back so maybe some dialogue.

Porzingis is only 25 so ... still I don’t know the extent of his issues making Dallas consider moving him.
Also read that Dallas was interested in bringing Barnes back so maybe some dialogue.
He is a large salary with injury risk. If the rumors are true someone mentioned he may have an attitude problem, like when he got into it at a club with someone.

I'm sure Dallas is annoyed that people are talking about him if there was some talks about moving him. Probably wanted to keep it quiet if they were looking around for whatever reason they have.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's on a max contract and is possibly the biggest injury risk in the league. Add in the fit/character issues and his trade value is probably near zero

I get it somewhat but this is why you need some plan here. If that's your guy then you start dropping Bagley in proposals months ago before his injury, consistent misuse, and prior to the 2nd dumping over a cliff under Walton.

dude12

Hall of Famer
If you go get Collins and if you keep Barnes, then you are stuck playing Barnes at SF still, at least for large parts of a game. I just don’t think this is the direction Sac goes.....now if there is a deal in place involving Barnes to Boston for Nesmith and a first and whatever and that Boston first is the one going to the ATL...

without looking at salaries too muc
Barnes to Boston
Collins, Nesmith, and then Langford or Edwards or other piece to Sac
Bagley and Boston 1st to the ATL

Add in other pieces to make it all work

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I haven't read every post on this thread yet so If this has been proposed I apologize. So the Warriors have a little over 9 mil trade exception because of the Thompson injury. They also have the T Wolves 1st and 2nd rd picks in this draft with the 1st rd being top three protected. I propose we trade Belli for the T Wolves 2nd rd pick which as of right now would be the 31st pick in the draft.

It was rumored that the Warriors were interested in Belli, plus we would clear some cap space which could become valuable at the deadline for flexibility.

Collins is probably the best bet to hedge Vivek wanting to be an idiot and continue trying to win and building a long-term successful core around Fox/Hali. If you can do it without giving up 1st round picks or Hali/Fox I'm all for it. It's just too much investment if you have to give up your first and probably 2 of your best trade chips.

IF there’s anything to Collins and Sac, that would have to be a well protected 1st round draft pick. They can have Bagley as the young player.
I also see dude12 proposed Bagley to Boston. I’m not interested in any of the Barnes to Boston offers, but wouldn’t mind seeing what we could get from them for Bagley.

How about trying to get Robin Lopez next year if we lose either Holmes or Whiteside.
It seems like Robin Lopez might be a good fit with the Kings because I think he’s fast and a descent defender. I don’t think he’s real skilled offensively, but that’s okay, we have other scorers. And I think he’s only making about $7 mil a year.

Maybe get Shumpert back in a trade for Cojo?

Maybe get Skal Labissiere back from Portland. I think he’s playing in the G League.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Lots of chatter currently on Twitter and other involving proposed deals or players on the market. I feel as though some of the same posturing is going on with many teams and players........”it’s going to take a lot to trade player X”, although it just came out Aaron Gordon requested a trade which may undercut What they can get.

I think Collins link to Kings may also be a way to drive home a deal with the Celtics.....posturing on both sides

Lots of chatter currently on Twitter and other involving proposed deals or players on the market. I feel as though some of the same posturing is going on with many teams and players........”it’s going to take a lot to trade player X”, although it just came out Aaron Gordon requested a trade which may undercut What they can get.

I think Collins link to Kings may also be a way to drive home a deal with the Celtics.....posturing on both sides
Won't be happy if all of Walton's "favorite toys" are still here after the deadline unless of course he's not.

Atlanta making Bogi and Reddish available.....Bogi on table after 17 games lol.
would love to get Bogi back if it means we can get out from under Buddy’s contract. Not sure Monte would see the value in taking Bogi back but his value as a high IQ player was always more conducive to winning than Buddy’s game in my opinion. Probably just wishful thinking but I’d love to make the swap if it were on the table

dude12

Hall of Famer
would love to get Bogi back if it means we can get out from under Buddy’s contract. Not sure Monte would see the value in taking Bogi back but his value as a high IQ player was always more conducive to winning than Buddy’s game in my opinion. Probably just wishful thinking but I’d love to make the swap if it were on the table
Im on the other side. Really don’t want Bogi back. Truth be told, we haven’t won with either Bogi or Buddy so would rather try something else than bring guys back.

I liked Bogi’s versatility and think he’d be a good compliment to Fox and Hali, just don’t need his has to start drama and he’s injured too often.

Last edited:
Read on hoops hype that multiple teams are starting to come knocking about Holmes. Kings are in the driver seat with this one and have all the leverage. Will be interesting to see if we can find out what teams may be offering.

I think trading holmes, unless you have a stunning offer is a bad move. He has a 5M/yr contract, probably could be kept for 5-8M/year. You will not find that kind of production at that position for that cheap anywhere. Plus, he actually likes it in Sacramento.

As for moving forward, i would try to put center a large trade around bagley, buddy and Beli/parker and a first (maybe 2) for a major star like KAT. I'd be ok with moving some combo of the above for a player like Jerami Grant or Jaylen Brown as well.

Fox
Hali
Barnes
KAT
Holmes

Or

Fox
Hali
Brown/Grant
Barnes
Holmes

Fox, Hali, Barnes (probably moved to 4 in a grant or brown senario) should be kept (again unless you get a major offer for barnes). Barnes is probably is 3-5M/year overpaid, but the tangibles and intangibles (including community work, leadership and being an all around glue guy on the court and locker room) is worth it. Afterall, he is one of the very few who can get his own shot (often whenever you need him to) and is always the lead defender (better defender than the numbers show consider the dreck of defensive players he is covering for). I also think you could try to move bagley, bjeli and 2nd rounders for Markkanen and filler.

Fox
Buddy
Barnes
Markkanen
Holmes

I'd stay as far from Porzingis as possible. He has reached his ceiling and isnt making much headway towards a championship on a team with a top 5 player in the league. He isnt going to propel the kings into the playoffs or contention (nor would Markkanen but he is much cheaper).

Last edited:
As for moving forward, i would try to put center a large trade around bagley, buddy and Beli/parker and a first (maybe 2) for a major star like KAT. I'd be ok with moving some combo of the above for a player like Jerami Grant or Jaylen Brown as well.
For KAT it would take about 4 firsts, same with Brown. Its basically impossible to turn your bad contracts/vets on short term contracts to a young (almost) star level player. Jaylen Brown or KAT is impossible for us. KAT could be in speculation if we had a major war chest of additional valuable future picks. Since we've decided not to do that, its "not even worth discussing" type of situation. Thats also one thing I've been saying for multiple years. If you dont build that war chest, dont even dream about trading for star level players. Thats part of the price you pay for reaching for that possibility to get in the playoffs year after year

For KAT it would take about 4 firsts, same with Brown. Its basically impossible to turn your bad contracts/vets on short term contracts to a young (almost) star level player. Jaylen Brown or KAT is impossible for us. KAT could be in speculation if we had a major war chest of additional valuable future picks. Since we've decided not to do that, its "not even worth discussing" type of situation. Thats also one thing I've been saying for multiple years. If you dont build that war chest, dont even dream about trading for star level players. Thats part of the price you pay for reaching for that possibility to get in the playoffs year after year
KAT is NOT worth that. I think Minnesota would actually let him go for much less if they decided to move on from him. He has not demonstrated that he translates into wins.