Trade target or ‘21 FA target thread

dude12

Hall of Famer
I wonder if that pairing has enough defense? My preference would be to move Holmes to the bench next year (after we have re-signed him to a reasonable contract) and find a defensive presence next to Bags.
Yep, if the team stays with Buddy at SG and Bagley at PF the 100 % need a dude in the middle....seemingly Whiteside could fit that role but for whatever reason, Walton refuses to go there.. ....no knock at Holmes but a Capela type would be kind of nice

dude12

Hall of Famer
With Cleveland landing Jarrett Allen does that make Andre Drummond available? I think he may be a free agent too next year. If so and he would agree to an extension with us (tbh I haven’t looked at it that closely) Hield and Whiteside or Holmes for Drummond or something on that order.

With Cleveland landing Jarrett Allen does that make Andre Drummond available? I think he may be a free agent too next year. If so and he would agree to an extension with us (tbh I haven’t looked at it that closely) Hield and Whiteside or Holmes for Drummond or something on that order.
he’s definitely available. It’s interesting to see the different opinions on him. His defensive metrics are mostly elite and yet he is often considered an average or below average defensive player.

You know who is rated top ten in a few different defensive metrics this year? WCS. I haven’t watched much Dallas this year but I’m curious what the consensus among Mavs fans is. Did Willie finally find his place?

I don't want anything to do with Kevin Porter Jr. He's also only 6'4 203lbs for those that considered him at SF. He got suspended during his lone year at USC as well.
What's worse the idiot who says they didn't know there was a gun in the car or the idiot who believes him?

Watching the Nets. They need a big man depth and either Whiteside or Holmes would fit the Bill there. The guy I like there is Bruce Brown who is a Swiss Army knife type of SG/SF. Low useage, plays good D, rebounds, passes, a better and younger version of Cojo IMO.
i was thinking the same thing but hoping with kyrie and harden able to run the point, any way we can steal dinwiddie? Whiteside and cojo work on the trade machine as well as whiteside and parker or beli, but i figure we need to move cojo to get dinwiddie minutes. Throw in any 2nd rounders if needed. Teams over the cap love 2nd rounders that arent guaranteed salary and they can draft and stash if needed.

Edit: also Shamet for whiteside straight up works too since im reading shamet is the odd man out with harden there now.

i was thinking the same thing but hoping with kyrie and harden able to run the point, any way we can steal dinwiddie? Whiteside and cojo work on the trade machine as well as whiteside and parker or beli, but i figure we need to move cojo to get dinwiddie minutes. Throw in any 2nd rounders if needed. Teams over the cap love 2nd rounders that arent guaranteed salary and they can draft and stash if needed.

Edit: also Shamet for whiteside straight up works too since im reading shamet is the odd man out with harden there now.
Dinwiddle blew his ACL, not sure if you want that, but Nets seems to be a good trade partner with their need of Center position.

Finding the right fit for a Belly trade seems tough. The teams that could use his services generally don't have the salary to match. The best fit I could find was to ship him to the Sixers for Terrance Ferguson, Vincent Poirier and maybe a second round pick.

I think it's time to blow it up and trade Buddy to the sixers as we had always planned.

Buddy, Beli, JJ to sixers

T.Fergurson, M.Scott, V.Porier, D.Green (waive), 1st round pick to kings

Thoughts?

I think it's time to blow it up and trade Buddy to the sixers as we had always planned.

Buddy, Beli, JJ to sixers

T.Fergurson, M.Scott, V.Porier, D.Green (waive), 1st round pick to kings

Thoughts?
How is the 27th pick supposed to help this team do anything? Unless you plan to flip it in another deal.

It'd be nice to at least get Thybulle back in the trade.

This seems like the type of move that might work out on another team but a kangz move when we trade for him and he causes a fight in the locker room or gets arrested again.
Serious question, can we think of a troubled NBA player that was traded as a result of his antics and went on to have success? I'm sure there have been examples but I am drawing a blank.

Serious question, can we think of a troubled NBA player that was traded as a result of his antics and went on to have success? I'm sure there have been examples but I am drawing a blank.
Chris Webber.

Either way it's basically a low risk/high reward type move. If he acts up, then they just release him. If he develops, then they got a talented player for nothing. A bad apple in the locker room can be bad but usually it's only if it's a Cousins or Harden level player. If it's some new guy that hasn't proven anything, that's not going to break the locker room apart. It just makes for an easy exit.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, Bjelica couldnt be traded draft night because his option wasnt picked up till the next day.
I'm pretty sure that we could have picked up the option to guarantee the final season on his contract and then traded him. Option deadlines are the last day action can be taken, not the only day action can be taken.