Trade target or ‘21 FA target thread

I thought it would be nice to start brain storming on trade targets at the deadline or signings this next off season.

who do you target and why?

I’ll throw out the first name.

Frank Ntilikina. He fits the timeline of Fox. Defends the perimeter. I know Tetsujin would be upset, but could serve as a CoJo replacement. If we keep Buddy, start Fox and Hali with Hield of dreams and Frank leading the second unit.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’ll throw out the first name.

Frank Ntilikina. He fits the timeline of Fox. Defends the perimeter. I know Tetsujin would be upset, but could serve as a CoJo replacement. If we keep Buddy, start Fox and Hali with Hield of dreams and Frank leading the second unit.
Are you kidding? I'd probably love Frankie Smokes on this team because he's actually got talent as a defender and has the self-awareness on offense to generally stay out of peoples ways. Plus I'm pretty sure the coach next year wouldn't be contractually obligated to play him 25 minutes a night like Luke is with CoJo

Are you kidding? I'd probably love Frankie Smokes on this team because he's actually got talent as a defender and has the self-awareness on offense to generally stay out of peoples ways. Plus I'm pretty sure the coach next year wouldn't be contractually obligated to play him 25 minutes a night like Luke is with CoJo
I meant you would loathe the loss of CoJo :D

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I meant you would loathe the loss of CoJo :D
Oops, sorry. It's 5:30 in the morning over here and my brain is shot.

Although, in all honesty, my issue with CoJo is more an issue with how he's being used as a cure-all/general jack-of-all trades player by the coaching staff and not as the defensive depth piece he would probably be successful as. 10-15 minutes of buckled down hardcore defense would probably be much better for the team than the 20+ minutes of general badness that we're getting now.

Need to find a team That can use Bjelica’s talents. Cheap contract that is expiring I believe, can knock down the 3, can fit in easily. Should be a no-brainer for teams looking for bench piece
with Nurkic out for a while, perhaps Portland would be interested in Bjelica or a Whiteside reunion?

Houston wants 3 2nd rd picks for PJ Tucker

Dont we have a ton of 2nd rd picks just sitting around?

Beli for Tucker about same salary, both enders

Help fixes defensive woes and maybe a little better on offense too?

Houston wants 3 2nd rd picks for PJ Tucker

Dont we have a ton of 2nd rd picks just sitting around?

Beli for Tucker about same salary, both enders

Help fixes defensive woes and maybe a little better on offense too?
I'd guess Houston would rather have some picks, and maybe we should try to get some picks or a pick ourselves.

This one is a bit out there but how about Nikola Vucevic for Buddy Hield?

Vuc is a bit older than you would like but his game will probably age well. Orlando finds a replacement for Fournier and opens up playing time for Bamba. It seems they want to build around Isaac and Fultz.
This trade would be more likely to go down in the offseason

Vuc
Bagley
Barnes
Haliburton
Fox

Ntilikina
Ramsey
Stud rookie wing
Defensively versatile big
Holmes

for orlando
Fultz
buddy
How about k porter here?
Isaac
bamba

Trade Fournier and Gordon for draft capital

So Cavs want to trade Porter Jr along with a big man

Kings trade Buddy and Cojo 37.6m for Love, Allen, and Porter Jr 37.2m and 1st rd pick

Both Buddy and Love each have 60mil on future years

Cavs - gets rid of Love contract, and malcontent Porter and gets Buddy shooting
Kings - gets rid of Cojo, Picks up 3 young Players (Allen,Porter,1st)

Sign me up!

Last edited:
Maybe instead of Cojo give them Beli and Jeffries

Fox,Cojo,Guy,Ramsey
Hali,PorterJr,James
Barnes,GRIII,Woodard
Bagley,Love,Parker
Allen,Holmes,Whiteside,Meto

Plus 2 1st rd picks next year

Last edited:
I see it as the cost of dumping Love's contract
Cleveland is in a rebuild mode so they wont gain anything by dumping off salary because they are 3+ years away from competing. If they offered us that I would be the happiest fan but assuming there are competent people working in the land, I wouldnt expect Cavs to give us any additional draft assets

Call Boston, see what they want for M. Smart.

Lockdown (perimeter) defender should be priority #1.

PJ Tucker, someone. . .

I've heard about this kid name Woodard, solid frame, strong, good hops, combo forward, can knock down the 3.

Last edited:
The Heat are interested in Beal, so I wonder if we could facilitate something? Duncan Robinson is 26. Probably pricey, but maybe we can send several seconds to facilitate or take on some bad salary?

I think the Lauri for Bagley trade may end up being a mistake, we should consider making them match in RFA later if he looks ok. He'll be our younger version of Bjelica and can play with Holmes or Bagley.

I don't want anything to do with Kevin Porter Jr. He's also only 6'4 203lbs for those that considered him at SF. He got suspended during his lone year at USC as well.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Watching the Nets. They need a big man depth and either Whiteside or Holmes would fit the Bill there. The guy I like there is Bruce Brown who is a Swiss Army knife type of SG/SF. Low useage, plays good D, rebounds, passes, a better and younger version of Cojo IMO.

I think the Lauri for Bagley trade may end up being a mistake, we should consider making them match in RFA later if he looks ok. He'll be our younger version of Bjelica and can play with Holmes or Bagley.
I wonder if that pairing has enough defense? My preference would be to move Holmes to the bench next year (after we have re-signed him to a reasonable contract) and find a defensive presence next to Bags.