Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
According to The Ringer's Kevin O'Conner on "The Mismatch" podcast, the San Antonio Spurs reportedly turned down an offer for Sixers' Ben Simmons.
And apparently, it was a steep price.
O'Conner says the 76ers wanted a haul from the Spurs that included the Spurs sending Philadelphia one of their young core players and much more.
"There's so much stuff floating out there right now about the Sixers having outrageous demands like wanting four first-round draft picks, and three pick swaps, and a young player from the Spurs they say now. All these deals you hear about are outrageous. Nobody will do it for Ben Simmons."​

Morey gonna keep asking til he finds someone dumb enough to agree. Luckily we fired the one guy that would probably do this trade
The Spurs have no young core players so I cant even fathom what they were so eager to hold on to.

The Spurs have no young core players so I cant even fathom what they were so eager to hold on to.
I think that Murray would be a good target for philly, but him plus 4 firsts and 3 pick swaps... Im not doing the without murray (hell not even for just the picks themselves). If simmons has proved anything he is best being a 3rd fiddle, not even a robin, but rather an Alfred.

I don't see why ppl actually want the actual joke of the NBA.
Do not want Simmons, do not want his reluctance, do not want someone who does not put in the work/effort.

He has already tuned out the Sixers.
He has mental issues.

Why is this even a thread?
Dude is over rated. Put a decent passer on the current Sixers team.

Sixers asking price is absurd, and if they insist on Fox, that's the end of discussions. PERIOD!

He'll probably go to GSW for half of what was demanded since he's basically said he'll only play for the Lakers or Warriors and the Lakers have nothing to give.
From what are you basing this?

I’ve not read anything indicating the KINGS or Clippers were to be omitted. The supposed rumor is that he’s open to teams located in CA. Last I checked SAC is still located in CA.

Did NorCal become the State of Jefferson when I wasn’t looking?

I don't see why ppl actually want the actual joke of the NBA.
Do not want Simmons, do not want his reluctance, do not want someone who does not put in the work/effort.

He has already tuned out the Sixers.
He has mental issues.

Why is this even a thread?
Dude is over rated. Put a decent passer on the current Sixers team.

Sixers asking price is absurd, and if they insist on Fox, that's the end of discussions. PERIOD!
Your last sentence is the only sensible thing written.

It also doesn’t make much sense to me why you’d question the existence of the thread then contribute to it.

I’ve not read anything indicating the KINGS or Clippers were to be omitted. The supposed rumor is that he’s open to teams located in CA. Last I checked SAC is still located in CA.

The revised version of that rumor is that Simmons was not interested in a trade to Toronto or Portland with his agent explaining that Simmons doesn't want to go to those "situations" because he's a "young socialite".

If a big city with nightlife etc is part of his demands it's hard to see that Sacramento would be on his list of preferred destinations.

Simmons is under contract long term so he actually has little leverage if he wants to continue his NBA career. In terms of talent he's worth trading Fox for. Definitely worth trading Haliburton & Hield for. But I'd rather keep the guys who want to be Kings vs a guy whose already gearing up to hold out/pout his way out of Philadelphia.

This isn't the CWebb situation. Webber was upset about the trade until he showed up to practice and saw JWill & Vlade whipping passes around to Corliss, TAW, and a rookie Peja. He saw the basketball opportunity. I honestly don't think on court success is the most important thing to Simmons.

The revised version of that rumor is that Simmons was not interested in a trade to Toronto or Portland with his agent explaining that Simmons doesn't want to go to those "situations" because he's a "young socialite".

If a big city with nightlife etc is part of his demands it's hard to see that Sacramento would be on his list of preferred destinations.
Thanks for attempting to clarify. And based upon the reasoning you cited, I can understand and agree that SAC might not be a destination he’d accept.

That said, I again ask — what is the basis for this rumor? I’ve not seen any reputable source confirm any of this. Is there one? Or is coming from some fan blogs?

Thanks for attempting to clarify. And based upon the reasoning you cited, I can understand and agree that SAC might not be a destination he’d accept.

That said, I again ask — what is the basis for this rumor? I’ve not seen any reputable source confirm any of this. Is there one? Or is coming from some fan blogs?
His agent said it directly on the radio in Philadelphia.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/b...-or-portland-because-he-is-a-young-socialite/

I’m a bit perplexed by the night life socialite thing. Aside from the fact that Ben strikes me as an introvert, what entertainment is he looking for that only LA/Miami provides? All metros have strip clubs, attractive young people, bars, restaurants and the like. Is it just the need to rub elbows with celebrities? Granted I’ve never enjoyed going to clubs (fights, drunkards, drama and chest thumping is a hard pass)

Last edited:

I'm basing it off his demand to play in California and my long term knowledge/experience as a Kings fan that we are a free agency desert. Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't take that as he's narrowed it down to 4 teams and we're one of them as much as I took it as he wants to play with a bunch of stars he can hide behind on a title favorite in a big city.

Incidentally Portland has more strip clubs per capita than any city in the country so it's probably not strip clubs he's after.

Also saw reports Warriors don't view him as a fit with Draymond.

you and i know it is, but i bet half the US really thinks california is bay area, LA and SD. This map sadly is how i'd bet people think of the US map..
1628707813322.png

I'm basing it off his demand to play in California and my long term knowledge/experience as a Kings fan that we are a free agency desert. Maybe I'm wrong. I didn't take that as he's narrowed it down to 4 teams and we're one of them as much as I took it as he wants to play with a bunch of stars he can hide behind on a title favorite in a big city.

Incidentally Portland has more strip clubs per capita than any city in the country
so it's probably not strip clubs he's after.

CEE600AF-BCBD-4B53-8C08-4591183434FA.gif

I’m a bit perplexed by the night life socialite thing. Aside from the fact that Ben strikes me as an introvert, what entertainment is he looking for that only LA/Miami provides? All metros have strip clubs, attractive young people, bars, restaurants and the like. Is it just the need to rub elbows with celebrities? Granted I’ve never enjoyed going to clubs (fights, drunkards, drama and chest thumping is a hard pass)
I definitely find it perplexing with respect to Simmons' outward personality. In every photo, every interview, and every bit of footage I've ever seen of Ben Simmons, he is some combination of stoic/reserved/withdrawn/downcast. He just doesn't give off the vibe of "socialite" at all. He reminds me of Kawhi Leonard in that it's hard to imagine him actually having fun. Simmons mostly seems like the kind of guy who would prefer to drink with a small group of friends in a dark corner of the nightclub.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. Maybe he loosens up when the cameras aren't on him. But for a young NBA player, isn't the point of being a big city socialite to have the cameras on you? I don't get it. He just looks miserable whenever he's forced into the spotlight. As interested as I am and have been about the possibility of the Kings trading for Simmons because of his undeniable talent, everything about him screams "brand-managed within an inch of his life", even if his "brand" fits him about as well as dad's old suit fits a teenage son.

Incidentally Portland has more strip clubs per capita than any city in the country so it's probably not strip clubs he's after.

Got ya.