Fox, Simmons, and Beal (with Bagley and Avidja)

Kings out: Fox, unprotected first, Bagley.
Kings in: Simmons and Avidja.

Wiz out: Beal and Avidja.
Wiz in: Fox, Sac first, Philly first, Bagley.

Philly out: Simmons, first.
Philly in: Beal.

Kings move Buddy and Barnes in follow up trades. Rebuilds their foundation with Hali, Mitchell, and Simmons. Plus Avidja, who comes in as a 3 and D bench forward.
76ers go for it all with Beal and Embid.
Wizs get a young, scoring PG, two unprotected firsts, and the ability to match a Bagley offer.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5kuq2v8

If you are dead set on getting rid of fox for simmons, this trade makes a lot of sense. Not very one sided from either teams view in my opinion. Philly gets their top 25 player, wiz get 1 possibly 2 young stars and 2 1st rounders and kings get simmons. There are gonna be few who over value or under value fox on our side but from a unbiased view this trade seems pretty fair.

I don’t think Washington pulls the trigger because they are generally as anti rebuild as the Kings are.

I like Deni a lot though and would like to figure out a way to trade for him if the Wiz aren’t committed. A lot of their fans think he has all NBA Defense potential.

I don’t think Washington pulls the trigger because they are generally as anti rebuild as the Kings are.

I like Deni a lot though and would like to figure out a way to trade for him if the Wiz aren’t committed. A lot of their fans think he has all NBA Defense potential.
I think this deal hinges on Avidja. It might feel a little light for the Kings without Avidja thrown in. It might feel not enough for the Wiz without a second first. Removing the protections hopefully gets it closer.

That said, the deal works if Avidja and Bags are cut out. Making it a 1 for 1 for 1 trade.

Bringing in Buddy or Barnes would require Harris coming back, which I just don't think is the right deal for the Kings. Harris is a good player, but he would accelerate the Kings timeline, and limit what they can do going forward.

Last edited:
It just seems like the Wiz and Beal are happy with the marriage. A year or two ago rumors were flying that Beal would demand a trade but he never did.

This would be an unpopular take on this forum but an off night for Deni trade could make some sense. Assuming the Kings don’t commit to the three guard lineup and the Wiz continue to commit to Rui and Kuzma it could be a trade that benefits both teams. Both picked in the top ten, defense first and still developing offense.

Davion
Beal
Kuzma
Rui
Misc center

Fox
Hali
Deni
Barnes
Holmes

Unless Monte unloads at the deadline or the three guard lineup catches on, a move like that could balance out the roster.

Windhorst: There’s been a number of rumors that have gone around the league in the last few weeks about Ben Simmons trade involving the Morey quarangular. That would be Philadelphia, Minnesota, the Kings, and the Rockets. … Let’s just say there has been a lot of discussion. I’ve had executives tell me that when Ben Simmons gets traded, it will include one or more of the quadrangular. Not that that’s where Ben Simmons would go, but they would probably be involved, because a Ben Simmons trade likely ends up being a multi-team deal. MacMahon: The Rockets have been much better lately, but they get ‘Hey, this is very early in a rebuild.’ So they’re trying to wedge their way in and get ammo for a rebuild, for sure.

11 hours ago – via
Ben DuBose @ Rockets Wire

Honestly I think I'd rather come out of this with first round picks and just go through with the rebuild. Swapping Fox for Simmons isn't going to make this a winning team and will just prolong an adequate rebuild. Especially if any picks are given up by the Kings. Just rebuild the damn thing already.

Windhorst: There’s been a number of rumors that have gone around the league in the last few weeks about Ben Simmons trade involving the Morey quarangular. That would be Philadelphia, Minnesota, the Kings, and the Rockets. … Let’s just say there has been a lot of discussion. I’ve had executives tell me that when Ben Simmons gets traded, it will include one or more of the quadrangular. Not that that’s where Ben Simmons would go, but they would probably be involved, because a Ben Simmons trade likely ends up being a multi-team deal. MacMahon: The Rockets have been much better lately, but they get ‘Hey, this is very early in a rebuild.’ So they’re trying to wedge their way in and get ammo for a rebuild, for sure.

11 hours ago – via Ben DuBose @ Rockets Wire

Honestly I think I'd rather come out of this with first round picks and just go through with the rebuild. Swapping Fox for Simmons isn't going to make this a winning team and will just prolong an adequate rebuild. Especially if any picks are given up by the Kings. Just rebuild the damn thing already.
KAT or Simmons would be great.

11 hours ago – via Ben DuBose @ Rockets Wire

Yeah if Simmons has shown one thing, it's he needs to be attached to someone like a KAT/Steph/Luka that can space the floor and be the lead offensive option. That problem isn't solved coming here if we move Fox for him.

Blow it up, put ourselves in position to get 2 top 5 picks and try to actually build a core that can be a long-term top 4 playoff team.

Problem is that we're not known for the cleanest track record; drafting quality through the draft. Granted, we've done well these past two drafts, I'd rather swing for Simmons and trade for proven defensive pieces than keep running through these lottery picks. Tbh, I love the idea of having Simmons and Deni on the team. Grade A defenders. Say what you want about Simmons, but he has a chance to change things around here in Sac.

Not sure if I'm the only one that thinks this either, but we've revitalized a lot of players careers. Rudy Gay, Rondo, Seth Curry just to name a few. The team has had that effect on players. Sink or swim. He'll, even CWebb bought in once he realized success in Sac would be a milestone in his career.

Idk, just my take. Old saying that really still holds meaning to me is, "Defense wins championships". Getting Simmons, Avdija and trading Buddy for another decent defender would put us at least in the top half of the league.

11 hours ago – via
Ben DuBose @ Rockets Wire

I have seen enough of Holmgren to rate him below Simmons, who is still only 24, as a prospect both coming out of college and long term. Need to watch Banchero and Smith jr more.

For me, I don’t really care how elite talent is acquired, just acquire it.

I have seen enough of Holmgren to rate him below Simmons, who is still only 24, as a prospect both coming out of college and long term. Need to watch Banchero and Smith jr more.

For me, I don’t really care how elite talent is acquired, just acquire it.
I agree but Vivek isn't going to acquire Simmons and then tank and get a high draft pick. He's going to want to make the playoffs asap and that will put the Kings right back in their familiar no playoffs, back end of the lottery territory.

You almost have to make everything idiot proof in order to rebuild correctly. If you acquire players that are good right now, they're going to go out there and let them win 35 games, guaranteed.

I agree but Vivek isn't going to acquire Simmons and then tank and get a high draft pick. He's going to want to make the playoffs asap and that will put the Kings right back in their familiar no playoffs, back end of the lottery territory.

You almost have to make everything idiot proof in order to rebuild correctly. If you acquire players that are good right now, they're going to go out there and let them win 35 games, guaranteed.
If the Kings get Simmons within the next month or so, they make the playoffs.

In the discussion of these trade proposals, it's just assumed that we'd be getting the All Star Simmons. We might, but I'm not sure it's a given. After the messy beginning to the season, if he sees getting traded to Sacramento as being sent to Siberia, who knows what we'd be getting.

In the discussion of these trade proposals, it's just assumed that we'd be getting the All Star Simmons. We might, but I'm not sure it's a given. After the messy beginning to the season, if he sees getting traded to Sacramento as being sent to Siberia, who knows what we'd be getting.
Simmons wants to go to a CA team. The Lakers don’t have the assets outside of Lebron and AD, the same for the Clips outside of Kawahi and George, and the Dubs would need to send out Wiggins, Kuminga, and a few firsts. Plus he’s tight with TT.

If I remember correctly, the media specifically asked if he'd have a problem playing in Sacramento and he said he had no problem coming here. Elite defense isn't just going to go away. Haliburton has proved he can lead the team and Ben is perfect for transition offense. He can start taking chances with three point shots without the scrutiny of fans, he's awesome at the rim. Idk why people are so down on him. One playoff stint kills a person's career? I remember people saying the same about Rondo, but Rondo had arguably his best statistical year with the Kings. Idk, I'm still high on Simmons

I don't want Simmons. He will not make this team better as we already have too many people wanting to handle the ball. I believe we should trade Fox, Hield and Bagley. Go with Hali, and Mitchell in the back. Get Mitchell more shots, and Hali as well. Holmes, Barnes and Thompson rounding out the starters. Or if you go small, Davis/Hali/Mitchell and Barnes/Holmes.

Reason I give more play to Mitchell is because he's confident and a natural born leader. We can find out really fast if he's in our long term plans.

I don't want Simmons. He will not make this team better as we already have too many people wanting to handle the ball. I believe we should trade Fox, Hield and Bagley. Go with Hali, and Mitchell in the back. Get Mitchell more shots, and Hali as well. Holmes, Barnes and Thompson rounding out the starters. Or if you go small, Davis/Hali/Mitchell and Barnes/Holmes.

Reason I give more play to Mitchell is because he's confident and a natural born leader. We can find out really fast if he's in our long term plans.
I'm not too hot on that Barnes Holmes Thompson front court. Sounds a little too congestion-y

Simmons has never really been the primary ball handler for Philly. On the Kings, he would play the four and bring the ball up off of boards that he grabs or in transition.

If I remember correctly, the media specifically asked if he'd have a problem playing in Sacramento and he said he had no problem coming here. Elite defense isn't just going to go away. Haliburton has proved he can lead the team and Ben is perfect for transition offense. He can start taking chances with three point shots without the scrutiny of fans, he's awesome at the rim. Idk why people are so down on him. One playoff stint kills a person's career? I remember people saying the same about Rondo, but Rondo had arguably his best statistical year with the Kings. Idk, I'm still high on Simmons
3x all star, all nba defense, a year older than Fox, in a 6’10 frame. Open to coming to Sac. Last trade for a young all star PF with some warts worked out pretty well for the Kings.

I would do this but it has to involve first round pick(s) heading to us. I love Fox and he has come a long way, but I don’t think he is what we need and I don’t want to see him become like Cousins, putting up numbers and leading us absolutely nowhere. It’s clear it isn’t working so let’s change it up. I saw a rumor involving Fox and the Knicks with us getting Kemba and first round picks this year and next. I’d do that.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I saw a rumor involving Fox and the Knicks with us getting Kemba and first round picks this year and next. I’d do that.
First off, the trade would have to have more pieces than that because salaries don't remotely work. We'd have to take on another $13.7M at least to make it work - just enough that Derrick Rose doesn't even get it done.

Second off, do we even want Kemba Walker?

Third, if the rumor is talking about picks this year and next, then it's probably talking about the 2022 protected Charlotte (guaranteed never to be in the lottery and could turn into 2nds) and the 2023 protected Dallas pick (guaranteed never to be top-10 and could turn into a 2nd).

A deal like this is selling Fox's value incredibly short, and would be a disaster.

First off, the trade would have to have more pieces than that because salaries don't remotely work. We'd have to take on another $13.7M at least to make it work - just enough that Derrick Rose doesn't even get it done.

Second off, do we even want Kemba Walker?

Third, if the rumor is talking about picks this year and next, then it's probably talking about the 2022 protected Charlotte (guaranteed never to be in the lottery and could turn into 2nds) and the 2023 protected Dallas pick (guaranteed never to be top-10 and could turn into a 2nd).

A deal like this is selling Fox's value incredibly short, and would be a disaster.
Yeah any Knicks deal has to start with RJ as the base piece.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah any Knicks deal has to start with RJ as the base piece.
Kinda seems like the shine is coming off of Barrett at this point. The trajectory looked good during his sophomore season but this year he has taken a good step back. It’s nice to have a guy who can distribute at SF but at this point he feels more like a project than the future franchise piece he flashed at Duke. He’d be a start, but picks and another piece would really be needed to fill out a deal like that. I wonder what Toppin would look like next to Hali?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kinda seems like the shine is coming off of Barrett at this point. The trajectory looked good during his sophomore season but this year he has taken a good step back. It’s nice to have a guy who can distribute at SF but at this point he feels more like a project than the future franchise piece he flashed at Duke. He’d be a start, but picks and another piece would really be needed to fill out a deal like that. I wonder what Toppin would look like next to Hali?
It’s odd but it feels like Tyrese and RJ have kind of traded places in terms of their long term outlooks where Tyrese looks like the potential future franchise guy and RJ looks like the potential elite glue guy.

while I certainly wouldn’t mind having him, I don’t think we be falling over ourselves to trade Fox for him and cap filler unless there’s significant draft compensation coming back with it (The Knicks do have the Mavs 2023 pick from the Porzingis trade and the Hornets first rounder next year in addition to their own picks so it’s not an impossibility for sure)