Ben Simmons Trade Idea (w/ LAL, PHI, & POR)

------------------------------------------------------

LAL Gets: Buddy Hield, George Hill, & Justin James
LAL Gives: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kyle Kuzma, Alfonso McKinnie, & #22
Why for LAL? Hill & Hield would give the Lakers two great floor spacers that fit very nicely next to LeBron & Davis. It could help push the Lakers over the edge and get back to the promise land.

PG - Hill / Schroder
SG - Hield / Horton-Tucker
SF - LeBron / James
PF - Davis
C - Gasol / Harrell

PHI Gets: Damian Lillard, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, & Robert Covington
PHI Gives: Ben Simmons, George Hill, Matisse Thybulle, Anthony Tolliver, Tyrese Maxey, Paul Reed, #28, 2023 PHI 1st (Unprotected), 2027 PHI 1st (Unprotected), & 2029 PHI 1st (Unprotected)
Why for PHI? Go all in by acquiring a superstar PG who is a great fit with Embiid. Covington gives them a great 3&D SF and KCP gives them a solid rotation piece off the bench.

PG - Lillard / Milton
SG - Green / Curry / Joe
SF - Covington / Caldwell-Pope
PF - Harris
C - Embiid

POR Gets: Marvin Bagley, Matisse Thybulle, Anthony Tolliver, Tyrese Maxey, Damian Jones, Alfonso McKinnie, Paul Reed, #22, #28, 2022 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2023 PHI 1st (Unprotected), 2024 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2026 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2027 PHI 1st (Unprotected), & 2029 PHI 1st (Unprotected)
POR Gives: Damian Lillard & Robert Covington
Why for POR? The Blazers get a war chest of unprotected 1st round picks for Lillard (6) while picking up two more mid-late 1st round picks (#22 & #28). On top of that, they get some young assets in Bagley, Thybulle, Maxey, & Reed. Lastly, they free up a lot of cap space instantly to explore other deals to take in bad contracts for more assets.

PG - Maxey / Simons
SG - McCollum / Thybulle / Elleby
SF - Jones / Little / McKinnie
PF - Bagley / Reed / Tolliver
C - Nurkic / Jones

SAC Gets: Ben Simmons & Kyle Kuzma
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield, & Marvin Bagley, Damian Jones, Justin James, 2022 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2024 SAC 1st (Unprotected), & 2026 SAC 1st (Unprotected)
Why for SAC? The Kings do this to get a significant upgrade to help them win now. Simmons gives them an all-star PF to pair with Fox, Haliburton, Barnes, Holmes, & #9. Kuzma gives them another solid rotation piece off the bench to help the team win now.

PG - Fox / Wright
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Barnes / Woodard
PF - Simmons / Kuzma
C - Holmes / Metu

Last edited:
Wow.

little nit - I think you got Kuzma going to the Kings and Philly.

And those unprotected firsts are risky.

But Holy Smokes, I like that Kings team. I’m in.

like the effort.
also like that Kings team, if we can’t win with this something else is wrong.
the 3 unprotected, well at least its every other year and not our 9th this year. They shouldn’t be lottery picks anyways.
I do think Philli is giving up to much and LA to little.

Last edited:
I hate the 3 unprotected for a flawed star. I'd be fine if the first two were top 4 protected and the last one was top 8 or top 10. Something like that.

LAL Gets: Buddy Hield, George Hill, & Justin James
LAL Gives: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kyle Kuzma, Alfonso McKinnie, & #22
Why for LAL? Hill & Hield would give the Lakers two great floor spacers that fit very nicely next to LeBron & Davis. It could help push the Lakers over the edge and get back to the promise land.

PG - Hill / Schroder
SG - Hield / Horton-Tucker
SF - LeBron / James
PF - Davis
C - Gasol / Harrell

PHI Gets: Damian Lillard, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, & Robert Covington
PHI Gives: Ben Simmons, George Hill, Matisse Thybulle, Anthony Tolliver, Tyrese Maxey, Paul Reed, #28, 2023 PHI 1st (Unprotected), 2027 PHI 1st (Unprotected), & 2029 PHI 1st (Unprotected)
Why for PHI? Go all in by acquiring a superstar PG who is a great fit with Embiid. Covington gives them a great 3&D SF and KCP gives them a solid rotation piece off the bench.

PG - Lillard / Milton
SG - Green / Curry / Joe
SF - Covington / Caldwell-Pope
PF - Harris
C - Embiid

POR Gets: Marvin Bagley, Matisse Thybulle, Anthony Tolliver, Tyrese Maxey, Damian Jones, Alfonso McKinnie, Paul Reed, #22, #28, 2022 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2023 PHI 1st (Unprotected), 2024 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2026 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2027 PHI 1st (Unprotected), & 2029 PHI 1st (Unprotected)
POR Gives: Damian Lillard & Robert Covington
Why for POR? The Blazers get a war chest of unprotected 1st round picks for Lillard (6) while picking up two more mid-late 1st round picks (#22 & #28). On top of that, they get some young assets in Bagley, Thybulle, Maxey, & Reed. Lastly, they free up a lot of cap space instantly to explore other deals to take in bad contracts for more assets.

PG - Maxey / Simons
SG - McCollum / Thybulle / Elleby
SF - Jones / Little / McKinnie
PF - Bagley / Reed / Tolliver
C - Nurkic / Jones

SAC Gets: Ben Simmons & Kyle Kuzma
SAC Gives: Buddy Hield, & Marvin Bagley, Damian Jones, Justin James, 2022 SAC 1st (Unprotected), 2024 SAC 1st (Unprotected), & 2026 SAC 1st (Unprotected)
Why for SAC? The Kings do this to get a significant upgrade to help them win now. Simmons gives them an all-star PF to pair with Fox, Haliburton, Barnes, Holmes, & #9. Kuzma gives them another solid rotation piece off the bench to help the team win now.

PG - Fox / Wright
SG - Haliburton / Davis / Ramsey
SF - Barnes / Woodard
PF - Simmons / Kuzma
C - Holmes / Metu

Portland would and should demand #9. Present value of a guaranteed lotto pick > future value of a first rounder that likely is not going to be in the lottery.

As-is, think Portland says no because there’s too much quantity not enough quality. Others say yes. So essentially deal falls a part there. Need to find ways to provide more quality.

Tolliver cant be traded til end of July after draft, then Covington has to be taken out (too much Salary to Phil)

But hell of a Blockbuster!

Lots of bodies!

Portland would and should demand #9. Present value of a guaranteed lotto pick > future value of a first rounder that likely is not going to be in the lottery.

As-is, think Portland says no because there’s too much quantity not enough quality. Others say yes. So essentially deal falls a part there. Need to find ways to provide more quality.
I dont see how to get Portland more quality and still give them cap savings and a ton of picks

Kuzma is the Simmons-Lite, maybe better shooter, both can defend
Keep it simple
Kings get Kuzma, KCP, OKC#16
Lakers get Buddy,Justin James, Ramsey
OKC get Bagley, Lakers #22
We save salary for TD match , we keep all those 1sts, Have #9,#16,#39 Kuzma instead of Bagley

Fox,Wright
Hali,KCP,TD
Barnes,#9 Wagner,Woodard
Kuzma,Metu
#16 Kai Jones, Damien Jones
#39 BPA

if we are trading Buddy,Bagley I want something in return
It does not have to be Simmons

Last edited:
Kuzma is the Simmons-Lite, maybe better shooter, both can defend
Keep it simple
Kings get Kuzma, KCP, OKC#16
Lakers get Buddy,Justin James, Ramsey
OKC get Bagley, Lakers #22
We save salary for TD match , we keep all those 1sts, Have #9,#16,#39 Kuzma instead of Bagley

Fox,Wright
Hali,KCP,TD
Barnes,#9 Wagner,Woodard
Kuzma,Metu
#16 Kai Jones, Damien Jones
#39 BPA

if we are trading Buddy,Bagley I want something in return
It does not have to be Simmons
Not sure if Kai Jones last till 16, but I can see something like this happening.
It’s not too outrageous excluding perceived all-star types.
I’m not sure about Kuzma though. I know he played well under Walton so do you recon he just needs to get out of LA ?

Last edited:
Why some fans keep proposing trades between SAC and the LAL is baffling.

Unless it’s a no-brainer, one-sided deal in the KINGS favor it isn’t very likely to happen.

Furthermore, these deals including Kuzma is even more baffling. Kuzma sucks major @$$. Period.

If the KINGS defy conventional logic and make a trade with their most hated rival, it ain’t gonna be to get Kyle freaking Kuzma in the deal.

Do better, Kingsfans ;)

Why some fans keep proposing trades between SAC and the LAL is baffling.

Unless it’s a no-brainer, one-sided deal in the KINGS favor it isn’t very likely to happen.

Furthermore, these deals including Kuzma is even more baffling. Kuzma sucks major @$$. Period.

If the KINGS defy conventional logic and make a trade with their most hated rival, it ain’t gonna be to get Kyle freaking Kuzma in the deal.

Do better, Kingsfans ;)
Thanks for your analysis on Kuzma.
I remember he looked promising under Walton, and then LeBron came along.
I know LBJ wasn’t good for Walton, so a little curious his effect on Kuzma.
Im not opposed to trades with conference rivals as long as it makes sense.

Can we make a thread dedicated to jkbikers insane trade proposals? It would save so much space.
I don't know, it is something to talk about. Besides, it might lower expectations. I don’t know if I am more giddy or nervous about this draft. If McNair just takes his picks and goes home, I will be underwhelmed even if it is the correct move. (Won't know either way) I am expecting movement just not sure what it might be...... love the idea of keeping pick and adding another....... looks like all options are being looked at or just smoke screen?

Last edited:
Need protection on that 22 pick. At least top 10 or better yet, lottery. Getting rid of two starters for one while giving back a pick next year?

Barnes and Wiggins a push Buddy and 22 pick in the 20’s fair for wiseman 7 and 14
Fox Wright
Hali,moody@7,td
Wiggins,wagner@9
Marvin,metu
Wiseman,Kai Jones @14

Last edited: