Trade Suggestion: Fox for Simmons + #28

This is how the Timberwolves can now get Ben Simmons (msn.com)
"The Wolves have continued to have discussions with the Sixers on Simmons, sources said, but the lack of win-now assets they could provide the Sixers in their pursuit of a championship has been a hindrance. A third team would almost assuredly have to be brought in to get more immediate impact assets to the Sixers, and that is a complicated endeavor," he added.
Patrick Beverley and Doc Rivers go back to their years in the Los Angeles Clippers, and while the Philadelphia 76ers still want a star caliber player in return for Simmons, Beverley's presence could help them sweeten a deal if they get a third team to cooperate as well.

I suggest 3 team trade
Kings Out: Buddy to Philly
Kings in: Vanderbuilt 8M S&T, Taurean Prince 13m 1yr, Minn 2024 1st
Phil Out: Simmons
Phil in: Buddy, Beverly, Minn 2022 1st, Minn 2026 1st, Two Minn 2nd rd picks
Minn Out: Beverly,Vanderbuilt,Prince 3 1sts, 2 2nd Rd picks
Minn In: Simmons

Why for Philly: Get two win now players, 2 1sts, 2 2nds
Why for Minn: Get Simmons without sending Star, but costs a bunch of picks (5 total)
Why for Sac: We get two big wings to balance roster and a 1st for Buddy

Trade could not happen until Oct 16 due to recently traded Beverly
By Oct, Phil will Have given up on Lillard, lowered expectations, still get a big Haul

Last edited:
After above trade
Fox 6-3,Mitchell 6-0,Ramsey 6-3
Hali 6-5, Harkless 6-7, TD 6-4
Barnes 6-8,Prince 6-7,King 6-7
Bagley 6-11,Vanderbuilt 6-9,Metu 6-9
Holmes 6-10,Len7-0,TT 6-9,Jones 6-11,Queta 6-11

Balanced and all Wings are at least 6-7"
Mitchell,Harkless,Prince,Vandy,Len Big Defensive Bench

Last edited:
Would be a solid deal and worth the risk. If Lillard wants out of Portland I just don't see them moving him for Simmons as a deal like all the best Simmons deal where you get 1 or 2 quality rotation players plus 4-5 first rounders is what Portland would need if they move on far more than a guy who says he doesn't want to come to the city and who's star power is in question. I really don't know what Philly is thinking if they've turned down some of the packages rumored to have been offered them.

Let me start with : Kings should take the deal if presented to them
But there way more Why Not's to this deal that make it very unrealistic:

General Why Not - Deal can't happen until either 11/7 (3 months from Korkmaz signing) or 12/15 (Per B/R)

Why Not's for Sixers:
Philly really wants Lillard -If Lillard deal still a possibility by Nov/Dec and Simmons reports to Training and plays to Dec, they wont lower demands down to Dragic/Buddy 2- 1sts, 2-sec rd
Deal adds 4.3m in salary , 15 guar contracts, 8m over lux cap, 18m potential tax bill

Why Not for Toronto: Korkmaz/Bagley for Dragic and 2-2nd rd picks - thats a big Heck NO

Why Not for Sac:
Sac lose 2 Offense Players for One Defense player not a big increase in wins
Sac lose 2 1st rd picks (my proposed trade above brings two defensive players in Plus a 1st)
- that is a lot of draft capital for a marginal increase in defense

Let me start with : Kings should take the deal if presented to them
But there way more Why Not's to this deal that make it very unrealistic:

General Why Not - Deal can't happen until either 11/7 (3 months from Korkmaz signing) or 12/15 (Per B/R)

Why Not's for Sixers:
Philly really wants Lillard -If Lillard deal still a possibility by Nov/Dec and Simmons reports to Training and plays to Dec, they wont lower demands down to Dragic/Buddy 2- 1sts, 2-sec rd
Deal adds 4.3m in salary , 15 guar contracts, 8m over lux cap, 18m potential tax bill

Why Not for Toronto: Korkmaz/Bagley for Dragic and 2-2nd rd picks - thats a big Heck NO

Why Not for Sac:
Sac lose 2 Offense Players for One Defense player not a big increase in wins
Sac lose 2 1st rd picks (my proposed trade above brings two defensive players in Plus a 1st)
- that is a lot of draft capital for a marginal increase in defense
I think that prince and Vanderbilt dont move the needle. If the kings wanted Vanderbilt, they can sign him outright with part of their mle, doubt the wolves match a anything over $4M but if they do, oh well. He's a good defender but im not trading buddy for him and prince just for size. The kings are in the driver's seat with buddy and bagley. They have buddy locked in for a few more years and should mot be moving him just for the sake of it. When it comes to making playoff pushes, there will be teams looking for elite shooting during the season and you will be able tk move him then for a better deal. Bagley will be at the Kings mercy thisnyear and next at least and if he doesnt play well and have a good attitude, id let him and his family know that you will sit his ass at the end of the bench and kill his market value. He gets on board or he will potentially lose out on millions. Currently his trade value is a pack of bubble gum. You think with 119 games over 3 (or maybe 4 seasons if they sit his ass) that any team will drop big money for him. He better straighten up or lose $$$. If he plays well, you can find a market for him. He has tons of skill and potential.

I think that prince and Vanderbilt dont move the needle. If the kings wanted Vanderbilt, they can sign him outright with part of their mle, doubt the wolves match a anything over $4M but if they do, oh well. He's a good defender but im not trading buddy for him and prince just for size. The kings are in the driver's seat with buddy and bagley. They have buddy locked in for a few more years and should mot be moving him just for the sake of it. When it comes to making playoff pushes, there will be teams looking for elite shooting during the season and you will be able tk move him then for a better deal. Bagley will be at the Kings mercy thisnyear and next at least and if he doesnt play well and have a good attitude, id let him and his family know that you will sit his ass at the end of the bench and kill his market value. He gets on board or he will potentially lose out on millions. Currently his trade value is a pack of bubble gum. You think with 119 games over 3 (or maybe 4 seasons if they sit his ass) that any team will drop big money for him. He better straighten up or lose $$$. If he plays well, you can find a market for him. He has tons of skill and potential.
Yeah, it makes little sense for Bagley and posse to not just keep quiet, stay professional and embrace the Kings recent emphasis on defence.
Think what you like of Walton but learn everything you can from Christie, Longabardi…while increasing your value.

I wonder if there is any truth to this rumor? Don't like Haliburton in the deal at all...one lightly protected 1st is fine, Bagley (Hield or Barnes) but no Hali.
Having watch the sports medium every year for decades spin stories about the Kings trades that never happened I have drawn the conclusion that agents and GMS love to make threats that involve the Kings to leverage deals because the kings are kind of notorious for overpaying and making questionable trades. So I take rumors like this with an entire sack of salt.

I wonder if there is any truth to this rumor? Don't like Haliburton in the deal at all...one lightly protected 1st is fine, Bagley (Hield or Barnes) but no Hali.
Philly is in a tough spot because they obviously want a win now superstar for Simmons (good luck) but if they passed up a deal like that from Sac Morey is a moron. Especially with Mitchell and Haliburton there, they can both help them now.

Philly is in a tough spot because they obviously want a win now superstar for Simmons (good luck) but if they passed up a deal like that from Sac Morey is a moron. Especially with Mitchell and Haliburton there, they can both help them now.
Mitchell wasn't even in this deal. Supposedly Haliburton. Lightly protected 1st and Barnes.

I’m not sure why you want Fox and Simmons on the same team. Both are sub-par shooters. It would seen if you got Simmons you surround him with your better shooters.
Talent acquisition. Maybe Fox improves as a shooter; maybe Simmons improves as a shooter; and if the pairing doesn’t work out - maybe you can increase Simmon’s value and trade him. I just think the odds of making the playoffs go up regardless of fit, with Simmons.

I also think that Raptor package of FVV and OG was better than ours.

Talent acquisition. Maybe Fox improves as a shooter; maybe Simmons improves as a shooter; and if the pairing doesn’t work out - maybe you can increase Simmon’s value and trade him. I just think the odds of making the playoffs go up regardless of fit, with Simmons.

I also think that Raptor package of FVV and OG was better than ours.
Agree with everything but your last sentence.

He was in the sense that, according to the rumor, the KINGS were offering #9 which Philly could have used to draft Davion.

And @SacTownKid is right— both players would help them greatly.
Right but now Mitchell isn't in this form of the deal. Its a future lightly protected 1st. Still think the Kings should hold firm to Buddy, Bagley, and a 1st. Im not sure another team can outbid them and if they do then address it then. But as of now thats my final offer.

Anyone hear about this? Looks like the Kings might be discussing Tyrese, Hield, Damian Jones and a 1st for Ben Simmons?
If true I would be surprised.

Fox, Davion and Simmons are all slightly below average shooters based on multi year 3 point and free throw shooting percentages. If you are going to get Ben you want to surround him with shooters. Hali and Hield are among our two best shooters.

I’m not completely convinced Fox and Mitchell can be on the floor together much less adding Simmons to the mix.

If true I would be surprised.

Fox, Davion and Simmons are all slightly below average shooters based on multi year 3 point and free throw shooting percentages. If you are going to get Ben you want to surround him with shooters. Hali and Hield are among our two best shooters.

I’m not completely convinced Fox and Mitchell can be on the floor together much less adding Simmons to the mix.
Im not worried about Mitchell at all. He's been doubted before and has done nothing but win everywhere he has been. On the other hand, I completely agree with you on the shooting. I would rather give them picks than Haliburton. But who knows what will happen.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
According to an article from Hoopshype, the Kings are now the favorites to land Simmons in a trade:

https://www.basketballinsiders.com/76ers-rumors-timberwolves-raptors-are-pursuing-ben-simmons/
It's probably important to note that the people who have identified the Kings as the favorites to land Ben Simmons are the oddsmakers at an internet gambling site that I'd never heard of.

This is really, really deep reporting by BasketballInsiders.com here. Their contributor managed to not understand the difference between "trade for" and "sign", and despite claiming a degree in English from a U.S. university, writes like a bot, throwing random sentences together without any logical structure and having literally no concern to establish the referents of pronouns. And they're sourcing an article based on reading betting odds on a random internet gambling site.

Safe to ignore.

I don’t see anything on the original source that suggests the Kings offered anything, just a couple dudes throwing together really awful trade proposals.

https://thesixersense.com/2021/08/30/sixers-ben-simmons-trade-roundtable/
In the video, the guy said he believes the source bc he is connected to the team, so that piqued my interest more. I personally wouldn't do that trade but I can see how it could be done. Still would leave us with Bagley though which is a separate issue.

It's probably important to note that the people who have identified the Kings as the favorites to land Ben Simmons are the oddsmakers at an internet gambling site that I'd never heard of.

This is really, really deep reporting by BasketballInsiders.com here. Their contributor managed to not understand the difference between "trade for" and "sign", and despite claiming a degree in English from a U.S. university, writes like a bot, throwing random sentences together without any logical structure and having literally no concern to establish the referents of pronouns. And they're sourcing an article based on reading betting odds on a random internet gambling site.

Safe to ignore.
So….your typical Kings related online content. Got it.

Safe to ignore.
Not giving credence to the article, but the only counter is odds tend to gravitate towards each other across platforms. So whatever odds that Mybookie is giving, it likely is pretty close to the global consensus.

Last edited:
I love Hali. But I’d pull the trigger. Getting a first team all-defensive player with size and playmaking ability is a tough get. Especially one that is locked into a contract.

Then the Kings just need to find a 3 and D shooting guard and the starters are set.