Trade next year's pick? (Poll added)

Should we trade the 2018 pick for Wiggins?

• Total voters
Pardon me. Please don't tell me when and what I can post. It is hypothetical.
here is the forum sticky.

If you want people to really pay attention to your trade idea and get maximum feedback, we suggest you do the following:

1. Make sure the salaries work. Use a trade checker like realGM Trade Checker

2. Don't just post a bunch of names. Go the distance. Actually state reasons why you think each of the teams involved would do it.

3. Be prepared to back up your proposal. We have people here who live and breathe to shoot down trade scenarios that don't make sense.

4. Have fun. It's just a way to pass the time until the season starts.
Every trade is a hypothetical. This one is pointless to discuss because it can't happen for 5 months.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Broadly speaking I am usually the guy calling to trade picks for known entities, but in this particular case I oppose this trade because of what we know about Wiggins. I think other posters have adequatly pointed out the problems with Wiggins. At this point I think any discussion of trading the pick is premature until after the lotto.

this is something we'd consider if we had cousins here and were wasting another year of his.

as it stands its better we just continue with the youth movement

Every trade is a hypothetical. This one is pointless to discuss because it can't happen for 5 months.
And yet we talk about draft picks and how they fit with our team. I personally enjoy the hypotheticals. This idea not so much. I would prefer the unknown to the known.

Your talking about something that can't happen right now. What if Wiggins blows out his knee, what if the wolves trade him before the deadline? Talking about making a trade before it can even happen is pointless. Bring it back up when it can happen.
I bet GMs and front offices think the same way. How dare any front office plan about potential trades they can do in a few months. How dare they plan on who they want to sign this offseason. How dare they plan on who they would like to target in the draft. Planning is for the weak! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

1. Make sure the salaries work. Use a trade checker like realGM Trade Checker
Which I mentioned "It would trade our 4 or 5 overall plus cap filler (either Randolph or Hill), Jackson for Wiggins"

3. Be prepared to back up your proposal. We have people here who live and breathe to shoot down trade scenarios that don't make sense.

Which I mentioned and pointed. Even though I probably only one who still believes in Wiggins and his potential. I laid out my justification

If it is pointless to discuss trades that won't happen for 5 months then why do we even talk about draft prospects then? I am sorry I have been on this site for over 17 years I never had a problem with my posts until now. Look it is obvious that I am the lone person wanting Wiggins on the Kings which is ok but that should not stop me from starting a conversation on the merits of trading for him. Yes I know you have been here a long time but it does not give you the right to question whether I should start a discussion or not. You may disagree with me on my opinions but not question if I have a right to post a trade or not.

If it is pointless to discuss trades that won't happen for 5 months then why do we even talk about draft prospects then? I am sorry I have been on this site for over 17 years I never had a problem with my posts until now. Look it is obvious that I am the lone person wanting Wiggins on the Kings which is ok but that should not stop me from starting a conversation on the merits of trading for him. Yes I know you have been here a long time but it does not give you the right to question whether I should start a discussion or not. You may disagree with me on my opinions but not question if I have a right to post a trade or not.
It looked like most didn't like the trade idea but most thought it was pretty reasonable to present your proposal.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
No one is stopping you from posting your idea's. You just have one person that doesn't see the point! I think both of you are making this into a much bigger issue than it is. On a personal level, I have nothing against Wiggins on the Kings. I just don't agree with your premise of how to acquire him. Do I think that there's any chance in hell that this trade will happen? No! But hey, if talking about it is entertaining to some people, what's the harm?

We aren't on player away from contention. Fox is talented and should be a piece to build around, but question marks arguably linger at the the other starting positions. We've got young talent to develop like Bogdanovic, Hield, Skal, Giles, and WCS, but time will tell whether any of them can become cornerstones or whether they'll just become decent players.

So personally I'd not trade for Wiggins. He's talented and gives us an upgrade at SF and running mate for Fox, but I think we need to be patient and not try to rush things and hope our next couple of draft picks end up as the cornerstones to pair with Fox.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Personally, I'm glad to see you back. :)

It's kind of touchy/contentious/hostile around here a lot of the time, but I think it's mostly because we continue to have our hopes soar into the sky on the wings of eagles only to be dropped onto the rocks and shattered. The shoreline is littered with shattered dreams, much like pieces of clam shell on the beach. ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOD NOTE: In general, if you don't like someone's thread, move on. If you think it violates board rules, use the "report" option and let the mods handle it. Thanks.

Personally, I'm glad to see you back. :)

It's kind of touchy/contentious/hostile around here a lot of the time, but I think it's mostly because we continue to have our hopes soar into the sky on the wings of eagles only to be dropped onto the rocks and shattered. The shoreline is littered with shattered dreams, much like pieces of clam shell on the beach. ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOD NOTE: In general, if you don't like someone's thread, move on. If you think it violates board rules, use the "report" option and let the mods handle it. Thanks.
Thanks. Yeah always on here but I never log in to post.