Trade for Jarrett Allen?

We need some presence in the post. Plus Allen is really fast, talented and young. A perfect fit for our kings. We have some assets available to trade for (JJ, Mason, Kosta, Skal, (Harry?))

Last edited by a moderator:
We need some presence in the post. Plus Allen is really fast, talented and young. A perfect fit for our kings. We have some assets available to trade for (JJ, Mason, Kosta, Skal, (Harry?))
If those pieces can make it happen do it. I don't really see why the Nets would give up on Allen, great length and can block shots, but maybe you know something I don't.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
First off, I doubt the Net's are looking to trade Allen. He is their starting center. Second, Willie is putting up better stats than Allen, and is technically more skilled than Allen. Willie handles the ball better, has a more refined offensive game, and is a far better passer than Allen. Now to be fair, Allen is in his 2nd year, and Willie is in his 4th year, so Willie should be better. I guess I just don't see the point of the trade. Allen will probably get better, and maybe be a better player than Willie in the future, but, you would be taking a step backwards in the short term, something this team doesn't want to do, and you would also be messing with the fragile chemistry of the team.

Now, if your talking about acquiring Allen as our backup center, and as someone to push Willie for playing time, then I'm on board. I'm a believer that competition brings out the best in a player. But once again, I doubt the Net's want to trade Allen, and I wouldn't give up Giles for him. Skal? Maybe! Mason wouldn't be enough, and I doubt Koufos would be either. I think that if your going to make a trade for the center position, then as a result, we should get significantly better at the position. That wouldn't be the case with Allen. At least not in the short term.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Allen is a player I'd imagine the Nets want to move forward with, let's talk about some realistic available players that could be had for the right price