[Game] Timberwolves @ Kings 11/27/15 - 7 pm PST, 10 pm EST

I think it's OK that DMC skips this one and comes crisp to the Warriors game. The Kings are going to win this one although this Timberwolves team is far from an easy contender. They have a ton of talent there, but my feeling is that they are not quite ready yet.

I'm starting to wonder about the durability of DMC. He takes so many awkward falls taking charges and drives to the basket. He's had 3 years where he didn't miss many games and 3 (including this year) where he's missed significant time. He needs to learn how to control his body a little more if he wants to play every game.

Anyone out there in Kings fans land looking to sell their tickets for tonights game (I need four)? I figure I'd look here before I go the to main ticket sites... Thanks.

Go Kings!!

I'm starting to wonder about the durability of DMC. He takes so many awkward falls taking charges and drives to the basket. He's had 3 years where he didn't miss many games and 3 (including this year) where he's missed significant time. He needs to learn how to control his body a little more if he wants to play every game.
Playing basketball physically takes a toll and injuries are not uncommon.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Or we can just stop having our 6'11, 270lbs center play like a guard.

I mean, it's neat that he can.. . But making it a staple of his game + the continuing overuse of pace BS has to be taking a toll on the big fella.

Anyways.... we should win tonight, but it won't be easy.

Final score prediction:

132 to 128. Kings.

Some tidbits from a Timberwolves reporter twitter page:

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda 23m23 minutes ago
Wolves just finished shootaround in Sacramento, Rubio & Bjelica both on the floor but both will be "game-time decisions" vs Kings

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda 3h3 hours ago
NBA suspends Milwaukee's Jason Kidd for tonight's game against Orlando for aggressively confronting & slapping ball from official's hands

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda 16h16 hours ago
Bjelica (knee contusion) and Ricky (ankle) are questionable for tomorrow vs Kings, Cousins (lower back strain) doubtful for the home team

Go Kings!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
In other words no Cousins.

And that would almost surely mean no Cousins vs. Golden State either -- my earlier prediction we just rest him through the back to back and he's not back until Monday.

As long as we can find a way to steal this one without him its ok. We lose any chance to make the big splash vs. the Warriors, but we stay on our creeping toward respectability pace. This is getting ridiculous though. By the time Monday rolls around our franchise player will have barely been here half the season. 8 healthy games, 2 others he left early, 8 missed games. We're doomed again this season if that keeps up.

Even with Cuz people can forget about upsetting the Warriors. It's not going to happen.

I think the Wolves are going to beat us at our own game tonight if Rubio plays. They're more athletic and we're without Cuz. Hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting a loss.

Especially so when Karl decides to take out WCS seemingly every single time he starts to dominate the game defensively. WTF is that about? It's like he's allergic to defense.

I

Im Still Ballin

Or we can just stop having our 6'11, 270lbs center play like a guard.

I mean, it's neat that he can.. . But making it a staple of his game + the continuing overuse of pace BS has to be taking a toll on the big fella.

Anyways.... we should win tonight, but it won't be easy.

Final score prediction:

132 to 128. Kings.
So you'd rather have Cousins work only in the post and at the rim? There's a reason why he plays the way he does and not how you want him to. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with how he is playing now. 28 and 11 for christs sakes. 31 and 12 per 36. Do you have any idea how good those numbers are? And you know what else? This season, his average Field goal attempted distance is 2ft further from the basket than it's ever been in his career. Another fun fact: He is shooting the best True Shooting % of his career. He's around a +15 net weighted on/off the court when you consider him playing injured in the Hornets game and some of the Clippers game. That's one of the best marks in the league.

Pace shouldn't be used as an excuse for his injuries this season. CP3 caused the first injury by pushing DMC, and that leaves the back sprain, which is one real injury, despite this team training for months with a shortened shot clock. And even so, Cousins is always trailing, it's not as if he is leading the charge on these breaks. We are talking about a pro athlete here. He can handle... We don't need to play him in a lesser manner... Our faults are rooted in defense and lineup choices. The offense is completely fine.

I

Im Still Ballin

Cousins playing like Shaq would be horrific. Imagine how many times he'd get blocked... Probably set a new record. His ground speed, and immovable force driving to the basket is what gets him to the line, the opponents in foul trouble, and easier shots. He's simply not an explosive vertical athlete that can create space without movement.

K

KingMilz

Cousins playing like Shaq would be horrific. Imagine how many times he'd get blocked... Probably set a new record. His ground speed, and immovable force driving to the basket is what gets him to the line, the opponents in foul trouble, and easier shots. He's simply not an explosive vertical athlete that can create space without movement.
He lead the league in getting blocked a number of times and the other problem with him playing like that is unlike way less skilled player he's got no go to move (after 6 years in the NBA) in the paint like Kosta does for example with his half hook.

If Cuz is healthy and playing well, the Warriors have no answer for him. Worst case, they have to keep Bogut on the floor and that's a good thing for the Kings.
They have no answer for Cuz (except Bogut, who does a very good job against him), while we have no answer for anyone on their team. Odds don't stack up.

I like the optimism, but it's a likely blowout. I'd love to be wrong.

I

Im Still Ballin

He lead the league in getting blocked a number of times and the other problem with him playing like that is unlike way less skilled player he's got no go to move (after 6 years in the NBA) in the paint like Kosta does for example with his half hook.
He's such a unique talent it really limits him to play him as you would most centers

It's like everything has changed the moment he decided to expand a few of his midrange shots to the 3pt line....

Been assisted on 100% of his 3 pointers... I can scarcely recall him taking any ill advised ones whatsoever... So far it's proven to be an efficient, reliable shot... And for me that's enough... The more efficient shots for our team the better... Especially considering turnover prone issues.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I have never seen a big player miss so many easy buckets around the rim like Cousins does...I don't know if he tries to draw the foul rather than making the shot or he just has no coordination when it comes to being a post player. I'm done trying to pin him as a post up player. He is capable of doing that but in no way should he be strictly perimeter oriented. What makes superstars stars is the ability to score in multiple ways and he has done just that. Pace is what's causing these injuries. There is nothing else to it IMO.