• Making sure Mike Dunleavy doesn't hit Boogie's junk

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yes. Sorry, I shouldn't have told you to stfu, but I was hyped after a win..then I saw that someone randomly brought up a comment I made during the heat of the game. Dumb reactionary response.

I really didn't think Cousins should have been in the game at that moment. He played with no heart in the game, and was the reason why were down huge. I thought he would continue to sulk down, and the guys who were bringing us back deserved to finish out. However, Cousins went back to his normal self and dominated at the end.

Isn't it a good thing that basketball isn't a 3 quarter sport? Cousins played horrible tonight, but it seems like Joerger was right to put him in at the end. He finished out strong, and I hope we never see that type of performance again.
Notice though, other than making the two three's which were stationary shots...he received the ball closer to the basket and made his move quickly rather than trying to take a faster player like Millsap off the dribble, which never worked.

Even at full strength this isn't a good team.

But if this Ben is real, when Temple comes back it is just as good as adding a big piece at the deadline. And makes the playoff run a little more realistic.
Hustle players who stay out of the way and hit threes? Isn't that the dream?
Don't get your hopes up. He's hitting his shots right now. Enjoy it.

Don't get your hopes up. He's hitting his shots right now. Enjoy it.
He's rebounding too, seeing the floor game a little better, looking more confident. But Ben has been like an abusive relationship. Every time one partner sucks the other partner in with good behavior, then the let down. Can we break the cycle?

Really? DeMarcus played ****ing pathetic tonight with absolutely 0 effort for the first 3 quarters. I'm also pretty sure you said you were unsure about Cousins going back in the game, but I won't waste my time going back in the gamethread and looking for it like you did.

Shut the **** up Brick. We root for the same team.
Jeez. Relax, guys lol it's like some of you want so badly to be right no matter what. We WON

And would not have without cousins. period.

I can't really answer that question to be honest with you. I was hoping you could tell me that. If the HOF is strictly a numbers game and takes out winning percentages then sure, throw him in the HOF and maybe he can be in the history books with one of the lowest winning percentages by a HOF player.
Whatever the case, thats gotta be every Kings player in the hall. Someone mentioned Stokes, and Richmonds win percentage cant be very high.

He's rebounding too, seeing the floor game a little better, looking more confident. But Ben has been like an abusive relationship. Every time one partner sucks the other partner in with good behavior, then the let down. Can we break the cycle?
I think you have to ride it, play him big minutes and run plays for him to get him shots, see if the he can keep it up. At worst he is showcasing himself at the right moment. At best he is helping us when we are injury ravaged and maybe he finally turns the corner in his career.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ben speaking in the locker room, "confidence is big for me." (obviously). I so wish Ben had even a FRACTION of Westbrook's (or any other superstars) confidence. The tools all seem to be there, he's just so mentally breakable.

Notice though, other than making the two three's which were stationary shots...he received the ball closer to the basket and made his move quickly rather than trying to take a faster player like Millsap off the dribble, which never worked.
I don't know if it's the offensive scheme or Cousins prerogative (I think it's both but moreso the former) but depending on matchups Cousins should sometimes be working out of the post rather than getting the ball and trying to work from the 3pt line or elbow. Tonight is a prime example.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ben speaking in the locker room, "confidence is big for me." (obviously). I so wish Ben had even a FRACTION of Westbrook's (or any other superstars) confidence. The tools all seem to be there, he's just so mentally breakable.
There's a difference in Ben right now. His eyes don't look quite so haunted. Maybe just maybe he woke up and realized he's in the freaking NBA because he's good enough, he's smart enough and doggone it people like him.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't know if it's the offensive scheme or Cousins prerogative (I think it's both but moreso the former) but depending on matchups Cousins should sometimes be working out of the post rather than getting the ball and trying to work from the 3pt line or elbow. Tonight is a prime example.
Couldn't of said it better myself, touche!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I just went back and rewatched it. Cousins was trying to contest the shot and in trying to get his hand up he caught Howard in the face. Definitely a foul but clearly looked unintentional to me.
That's what I thought too.

Given it would have been Cuz's 6th though, would have been a disaster. So best it wasn't called.

Especially since the refs let Milsap push Cuz out of the way for the near game winner. We either need to figure out how the game can be played with no refs, or we need to start blowing some teams out so that the refs don't get a say in the outcome.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's the toughest barrier to break for a player IMO, the mental aspect of the game. I'm not sure we will find out if he can have a place in this league on this team but it's nice to see him show glimpses of what can be at times.

There's no reason why McLemore can't be like Allen Crabbe. He just needs to keep the confidence up and figure out where to situate himself on the court to get shots when the other players pass the ball out of the paint.

DMC seems totally dejected in post game "I'm not allowed to be myself anymore."

:(

You can tell that Demarcus is ALL confused right now. Every two technical is going to be a suspension from here on out. He knows he needs to dial back his emotions during the game, but he doesn't know how to do it and it's affecting his game performance as well. He keeps saying he just needs to figure it out himself. Hoping that this IS the turning point for Demarcus.

Status
Not open for further replies.