Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm kind of at a loss for words...I don't know whether to be happy with this win or not, too many different variables that played a factor in this. I suppose Joerger gave Cousins as much rest as possible and when he saw that the bench brought to within 6 or 4 points, he decided to ride it out with Cousins. Collison stepped up huge. For every good game we get out of Ben, we get a head scratcher. Let's see if he continues in the next one. Maybe the Temple injury was a blessing in disguise for him?
This is the effing game thread. If you can't be happy after a game like this IN THE GAME THREAD, maybe youb need to bow out andlet everybody else enjoy the moment.

22 points (6-10 on 3s) 9 rebounds and 4 steals 3 assists for Ben, er, Benny Mac :eek:

I don't have to check the log history to know this game qualifies as one of his best ever as a pro. I don't know what to make of it. I got next to nothing. I guess possibly because the team quit on him, coach benched him, no team wanted to trade for him, and he is back in the rotation only due to injury, there's no pressure, no expectation to perform. With the removal of that expectation, he is playing looser and freer. Happy for the kid. Hope it lasts!

I'm kind of at a loss for words...I don't know whether to be happy with this win or not, too many different variables that played a factor in this. I suppose Joerger gave Cousins as much rest as possible and when he saw that the bench brought to within 6 or 4 points, he decided to ride it out with Cousins. Collison stepped up huge. For every good game we get out of Ben, we get a head scratcher. Let's see if he continues in the next one. Maybe the Temple injury was a blessing in disguise for him?
I'll help you out. Whenever the kings win, be happy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Really? DeMarcus played ****ing pathetic tonight with absolutely 0 effort for the first 3 quarters. I'm also pretty sure you said you were unsure about Cousins going back in the game, but I won't waste my time going back in the gamethread and looking for it like you did.

Shut the **** up Brick. We root for the same team.
I admitted it was possible he would not put Cousins back in (my response was "entirely possible", because I thought it was depending on how the 4th played out), I didn't say that was what I would do. Although hey, I might have been tempted.

Fans are fans, part of the deal is always to react and overreact. But a good coach, a strong coach like Joerger trying to build trust, responsibility etc...in the end you really I think have to do what he did. You have to make it pretty much a rule, and say every single game big guy, its your responsibility to close it. You're our guy. This is your team. Carry them home. Anything else just goes down the same chaos route we've been down so many times before.

Cuz was an absolute F through 3/4, but this ended up being a very good result for us going forward, not only that Cuz reengaged and can hopefully go forward now with a low T finish to the season knowing he can do it, but also because the bench continues to bring us back, us using Cuz as a decoy so DC can win it etc. So so fugly for so long...but then again that's us. Embrace the fugly! :p

Being in NY I don't really hear Napear like you local folks do, but after tonight one has to wonder if he secretly roots against the Kings... the amount of hate that this man has against Cousins and Barnes is unbelievable. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to whack Cousins with a stick to get his ass into gear, but Napear makes things too personal. Like when Cousins went up for the highlight dunk and got hit on the arm with no call. Napear called that clean but it's a clear foul. How about standing up for your team's players once in a while?

I feel bad for Jerry it's pretty obvious he tries to walk a fine line between being objective and not really getting involved in the personal end of it.

Even at full strength this isn't a good team.

But if this Ben is real, when Temple comes back it is just as good as adding a big piece at the deadline. And makes the playoff run a little more realistic.
Hustle players who stay out of the way and hit threes? Isn't that the dream?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
awww don't be like that
Dude, in all seriousness... I've been a fan of this team since 1985 and a member of this forum since 2001. I've seen the highs and lows. It's been a very LONG time since I felt the energy and camaraderie of fellow Kings fans pulling together for our team. I really don't understand how someone could not be happy at least for this brief moment. We're fans. We just saw our team come back and win ...again. It's a time to rejoice.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Dude, in all seriousness... I've been a fan of this team since 1985 and a member of this forum since 2001. I've seen the highs and lows. It's been a very LONG time since I felt the energy and camaraderie of fellow Kings fans pulling together for our team. I really don't understand how someone could not be happy at least for this brief moment. We're fans. We just saw our team come back and win ...again. It's a time to rejoice.
I get that and all, I'm not telling you how to celebrate. I'm simply numb to the win, that is all. It's just my own prerogative at this point because does it really take 3 bad quarters out of Cousins and going down by 22 to start playing with this effort?

I admitted it was possible he would not put Cousins back in (my response was "entirely possible", because I thought it was depending on how the 4th played out), I didn't say that was what I would do. Although hey, I might have been tempted.

Fans are fans, part of the deal is always to react and overreact. But a good coach, a strong coach like Joerger trying to build trust, responsibility etc...in the end you really I think have to do what he did. You have to make it pretty much a rule, and say every single game big guy, its your responsibility to close it. You're our guy. This is your team. Carry them home. Anything else just goes down the same chaos route we've been down so many times before.

Cuz was an absolute F through 3/4, but this ended up being a very good result for us going forward.
Yes. Sorry, I shouldn't have told you to stfu, but I was hyped after a win..then I saw that someone randomly brought up a comment I made during the heat of the game. Dumb reactionary response.

I really didn't think Cousins should have been in the game at that moment. He played with no heart in the game, and was the reason why were down huge. I thought he would continue to sulk down, and the guys who were bringing us back deserved to finish out. However, Cousins went back to his normal self and dominated at the end.

Isn't it a good thing that basketball isn't a 3 quarter sport? Cousins played horrible tonight, but it seems like Joerger was right to put him in at the end. He finished out strong, and I hope we never see that type of performance again.

Being in NY I don't really hear Napear like you local folks do, but after tonight one has to wonder if he secretly roots against the Kings... the amount of hate that this man has against Cousins and Barnes is unbelievable. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to whack Cousins with a stick to get his ass into gear, but Napear makes things too personal. Like when Cousins went up for the highlight dunk and got hit on the arm with no call. Napear called that clean but it's a clear foul. How about standing up for your team's players once in a while?

I feel bad for Jerry it's pretty obvious he tries to walk a fine line between being objective and not really getting involved in the personal end of it.
Grant obviously has players he likes less than others.
But I still hear the genuine excitement with every play by any king, Cuz included. Ignoring whatever he does on his radio gig, he calls a fair game imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.