There is no topic

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The outright negative energy some people expunged on these boards after a Kings win is more infuriating than after a loss.

That all said, as long as the Sacramento Kings remain our team, I'm fine with that.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I no longer work for the Kings as of three days ago, therefore I can be around a bit more. Also, I want to change my username. How you do that?
Sorry to hear that...

Looks like we can have good game threads again. :D

On the Subject of usernames, I think mods are the only ones allowed to alter user-titles so talking to them is probably the best course of action.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I no longer work for the Kings as of three days ago, therefore I can be around a bit more. Also, I want to change my username. How you do that?
Drop me a PM and let me know what you want your new name to be and I'll put it in the queue of things for Jeremy to do when he gets a chance. :)

Sorry to hear that...

Looks like we can have good game threads again. :D

On the Subject of usernames, I think mods are the only ones allowed to alter user-titles so talking to them is probably the best course of action.
Don't be sorry :), I have what may be considered a better job now. I will have to really immerse myself if I am to publish new game threads, and that's difficult without having watched a single game this year (Life :rolleyes:).

vf21 said:
Drop me a PM and let me know what you want your new name to be and I'll put it in the queue of things for Jeremy to do when he gets a chance.
Done.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Just spent an extra hour and a half at work redoing a bunch of pizza dough because some idiot tried to rise the yeast for it with cold water. #HereWeDon'tRise.

Sigh. Sometimes I wonder about the future of humanity.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
My son and I started launching model rockets last year with the Cub Scouts. A friend at work picked up the hobby again when as well.

This is a video from yesterday when he came over to my place to launch one of his rockets. He attached a mini-camera on the side and let it fly!

After separation you can see the rocket body float by. The white spot you see over and over again in the spinning descent video is the moon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
My son and I started launching model rockets last year with the Cub Scouts. A friend at work picked up the hobby again when as well.

This is a video from yesterday when he came over to my place to launch one of his rockets. He attached a mini-camera on the side and let it fly!

After separation you can see the rocket body float by. The white spot you see over and over again in the spinning descent video is the moon.
Pretty awesome stuff, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of my Cub Scout days.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I've been singing with this band centered around the Portland Timbers and the Timbers Army and in the build up to the season opener tomorrow night which was to be preceded by our biggest show yet this past weekend, I came down with walking pneumonia. It actually pretty much took out our whole band, killed practices for most of the month and almost the gig. But the show must go on and on it went. Despite it all I think we killed it. If you watch the game tonight on ESPN2 and the crowd is singing "This is Portland...This is the Rose City..." it's because of us :)

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
After spending countless thousands this winter to repair water damage and mold in my basement that happened when a guest flushed a personal hygiene product down the toilet 7 years ago and backed up a floor drain ... my son flushes something wrong and backs up said drain (for the first time since) destroying all the new work. New floors... toast. Probably have to knock a wall out again. FML.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Pdx: Sorry about the pneumonia. Congrats on the band's gig. Really sorry about the backed up drain happening again. :(
Going through insurance, hopefully I'm covered. Last one was out of pocket on agent's advice, deferred maintenance probably bit me. Fingers crossed. What's done is done, right...

After spending countless thousands this winter to repair water damage and mold in my basement that happened when a guest flushed a personal hygiene product down the toilet 7 years ago and backed up a floor drain ... my son flushes something wrong and backs up said drain (for the first time since) destroying all the new work. New floors... toast. Probably have to knock a wall out again. FML.
Water damage sucks! Little over a month while sleeping in our upstair bedroom we heard an explosion at 2am. Pipe under bathroom sink broke and was spraying everywhere. Turned off water to house in under 10 mins, but damage isn't repaired. Living room ceiling almost caved in and had to be replaced, had to clean out asbestos, furniture ruined, repainting two rooms, carpeting ruined, upstairs bathroom floor had to be ripped up and replaced, and a few more things. Imagine if we weren't home. Would have had to move out for well over a month if the water was on another 10-15mins.

Hope you get through it. Sure you will, but beyond frustrating indeed.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Interestingly they found an electrical ground had gone through the sewer line when they scoped today and likely was the cause of anything that gets snagged. This was the third scope I had (home purchase, once for a non-related sewer issue) and the first time it was caught. Very frustrating.

I've been pretty ill for a while. I don't know what is going to happen but I'm still in my 20s so that helps.

I just thought I'd check in KF before the site starts to slow down going into the off season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've been pretty ill for a while. I don't know what is going to happen but I'm still in my 20s so that helps.

I just thought I'd check in KF before the site starts to slow down going into the off season.
Very sorry to hear that, Mad D. Hope you're feeling better soon.