There is no topic

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Let's see if this works. After spending six days in the desert I have a huge gallery to show off. I think I will post a link to my facebook album in a moment. What we have here is a female velvet ant in a collection jar, and the desert sunrise at Zzyzx CA.

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=100000031784211#!/album.php?aid=22996&id=100000031784211

You will have to log into yours when you get there.
Wow, some beautiful shots in there and some very cool creatures!

Slim's picture of Betty White in Highlander form got me thinking about a game of "Would you rather?" that we were playing on the way back from the desert.

:D

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
There are some strange folks out there. I saw a guy wash just one hand in a public restroom today. Used his right hand to squirt soap into the left, then turned on the water with his right and rinsed the soap off his left hand. His right hand never got soap or water on it. Not that I was looking closely, but the right hand seemed perfectly fine. Wierd.

There are some strange folks out there. I saw a guy wash just one hand in a public restroom today. Used his right hand to squirt soap into the left, then turned on the water with his right and rinsed the soap off his left hand. His right hand never got soap or water on it. Not that I was looking closely, but the right hand seemed perfectly fine. Wierd.
You think that's weird I just had some weirdo starring at me while I was washing my hand in the bathroom the other day. It's a strange world we live in. :p

I am soooo bummed. The hard drive on my dish box is now corrupted. Although they are sending me a new box, I cannot watch any TV until then. It is supposed to arrive by Friday. Won't be able to watch the NBA finals, or any of my favorite shows. Man, I am sooooooooooooooooooooo bummed. I cannot even watch local channels.

Bummer about the TV rock.

Who here is a knife nut? I'm totally cracked out/lost on eBay, I've spent hours upon hours doing research and I just want some feedback:

I have a Gerber 400 compact multitool, it's shiny new, it's a toolbox on your belt :). I need a pocket knife and a folding survival / field knife. Is the Kershaw Leek worth a darn as a survival knife (I don't want a serrated edge at all, and it has to open fast)? Also, I think I'll go with a swiss army climber or spartan for a pocket knife.

Any thoughts?

When did it become acceptable to attend a funeral in a church wearing cargo shorts, flip-flops and an aloha shirt? I guess I'm turning into a crotchety old bat, but this really bothered me yesterday at the services I attended.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Pre-ordered an iPhone 4 today - need to get a smartphone for work and everyone else has iPhones, so I figure I should probably conform. Will never buy a Mac, though. ;)

Pre-ordered an iPhone 4 today - need to get a smartphone for work and everyone else has iPhones, so I figure I should probably conform. Will never buy a Mac, though. ;)

Welcome to the club. Buying an Iphone is either the worst or best thing ive ever done. Its awesome, and I mean awesome, being able to access anything from anywhere ... but man, the amount of time I waste on that thing. Oh well.

I have the 3gs, Im not sure if I can upgrade yet. I know apple said anyone who's contract expires during 2010 can upgrade, but I think Im just out of that range. That Iphone4 looks awesome though.

The new iPhone hardware is really good, I'm just concerned with the OS and AT&T. Apple keeps the OS locked down, which is both good and bad. On the plus side, it's guaranteed to be stable and smooth with great user friendliness, on the minus side, it's not as customizable as other mobile phones, and lacks some features they do (Flash). I'm very anti-Apple, but I think that the iPhone is a great smartphone. I just bought an HTC Incredible, which is an Android phone, and I have to say, I'm very happy with it. I look forward to the future of the iPhone vs. Android competition, as I think that Android represents a real challenger to Apple and will make both platforms better in the long run.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
The new iPhone hardware is really good, I'm just concerned with the OS and AT&T. Apple keeps the OS locked down, which is both good and bad. On the plus side, it's guaranteed to be stable and smooth with great user friendliness, on the minus side, it's not as customizable as other mobile phones, and lacks some features they do (Flash). I'm very anti-Apple, but I think that the iPhone is a great smartphone. I just bought an HTC Incredible, which is an Android phone, and I have to say, I'm very happy with it. I look forward to the future of the iPhone vs. Android competition, as I think that Android represents a real challenger to Apple and will make both platforms better in the long run.
I agree in general, but am tied to AT&T for a while yet, so went with the iPhone over the Blackberrys they have. Only one Android phone with AT&T, and the Backflip seems like a pretty stupid design IMHO.

I am pretty anti-Apple in general, but yes, they seem to make good phones. Not available until after the 24th, so it will still be a while until I get to play with it. ;)

The one thing with Android that could be a big problem for them is that each phone can look completely different with the interface even though they all run the same OS. Fragmentation of the product (in looks, features, etc.) doesn't help the general consumer feel like the OS is unified, if you know what I mean.

Forget the new ones. What vexes me is that Code Red doesn't get ample circulation.
I practically lived off that stuff on a 2 month gig in NY in 2001 (incidentally that was because they didn't have Dr. Pepper which is my vice) but you're right, I'd have to go hunting for it around here. That was a tasty beverage.

I practically lived off that stuff on a 2 month gig in NY in 2001 (incidentally that was because they didn't have Dr. Pepper which is my vice) but you're right, I'd have to go hunting for it around here. That was a tasty beverage.
Don't relegate it to the past tense! It IS a tasty beverage. I'm holding on for as long as I can.

You don't have 7-11 in California? There are six of them within three miles of my house, and they all have Code Red in abundance.

Hell yeah we do! And they did carry Code Red the last time I was in there - a year ago. I remember, I had to wait for the whole hour that the closest one to me was closed for cleaning (at 3 A.M.) just to get some soda one time - but they didn't have code red back in high school. I was a terrible high schooler :D

I have a job interview Thursday.
Good luck, Proph!! :)

Yeah, there are hardly any 7-11s left around here. I know of one in Yuba City, CA (where I live) and one in Gridley, CA. There's probably a few in Sacto, but it just doesn't have the presence here it once did.

By the way, I almost never go to the Yuba City 7-11, but that's the first time I actually heard shots being fired in a neighborhood. Scared the beejeesus out of me, because I momentarily felt trapped at the back of the store. Turned out some guy was mad at another guy, so shot out the windows of his car, which was parked right next to the front door.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Good luck, Proph!! :)

Yeah, there are hardly any 7-11s left around here. I know of one in Yuba City, CA (where I live) and one in Gridley, CA. There's probably a few in Sacto, but it just doesn't have the presence here it once did.

By the way, I almost never go to the Yuba City 7-11, but that's the first time I actually heard shots being fired in a neighborhood. Scared the beejeesus out of me, because I momentarily felt trapped at the back of the store. Turned out some guy was mad at another guy, so shot out the windows of his car, which was parked right next to the front door.
You had plenty of ammo, just start chucking anything with glass bottles at the guy! :D

7-11s are all over the place in Portland but I never have the need to go in one. I buy all my soda and Gatorade at Costco. I pretty much only hit convenience stores when I'm away from home.