There is no topic

kingsgurl87 said:
well I moved into my dorm yesterday...now I'm all settled in...when I first got there, there were some ants cuz somebody had left an orange peel on the floor. I don't know how long its been there but it looked like it had been there 4 awhile, but we sprayed bug spray and set up ant traps..then we hook up our tv and realized that there was NO disney channel! I'm still trying to get over that..but other than that, I like it...me and eboni are back to sharing a room again

Where are you going to school? You may have mentioned that already but I don't remember.

slugking50 said:
And a Fishermans annoyance:p
Being a fisherman myself .... when I see them "lines in the water", on the lake, I give them plenty of room and tell my wife and kids the same thing. Our boat puts out a pretty BIG WAKE and nothing more annoying then rockin'-n-'rollin' when some huge rollers come by. I wave at 'em and they wave back ... it's all cool !!!

It's a huge lake and there's plenty of room for us all out there. Too bad not everyone that goes out there is respectful of the others that are trying to enjoy their day. I've seen some pretty STUPID PEOPLE DOING SOME PRETTY STUPID STUFF ... unbelievable

At least, I do my part and expect my wife and kids to do the same.

O

ONEZERO

Did yall catch that 45 sec stare down between the nationals coach and the umpire in the nationals/braves game? That was hilarious.

I just got called into work on Monday, Labor Day. :mad: I love having the extra money, but was really looking forward to having a two-day weekend ( I work Mon.-Sat.) for once in a long time. This always happens when these little holidays (Labor Day, MM Day, etc.) happen-the office decides they need to be open that day, and I get asked to work. Oh well, my pocketbook will be all the happier for it.

I wanna donate some money to the katrina victims but I barely have enough money to pay for my text books. I'm gonna take some old clothes and cans of food to this place in D.C. From there they are gonna ship stuff down to the victims of katrina.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Basically, the people in need are going to be in need for a very long time. Right now, the best thing to do is pray for them. If you cannot donate cash right now, then wait a bit. The Red Cross is trying to discourage people from donating clothing and food because there simply isn't anywhere to store it. Available space is being taken up by people just trying to survive.

If you can't donate cash and want to do something, think about donating blood. In addition, most Red Cross chapters are in desperate need of volunteers to help them with the mountains and mountains of paper work necessary to accept and acknowledge all the donations.

I echo what VF21 says. When people donate materials, it then costs aid organizations to have to ship them to where it is needed, not to mention precious time to pack it all. It is much, much better to just send them money so that they can purchase the materials at the site where it is needed. Even if you are really short of money, any little bit could help. And they will need for a long time, so donations can also be made in the future.