There is no topic

captain bill said:
I got new sun glasses yesterday, and wore them out today for the first time. I then proceeded to get some wierd spot on them, I still can't figure out what it is, and can't get the spot out. I was sitting there yelling "Out, damned spot!" for quite some time. Anyone with unique knowledge of how to get "stains" out of shades, some help would be greatly appreciated.
LMAO. Sorry Captain, I have no idea how to get spots out of sunglasses. I find it funny though only because..to make a long story short..about 5 yrs ago our lunch table at school got into a mini "food fight" and I threw a kernel of corn at my friend and it hit the lens of her glasses and this little bead thing from the corn got stuck on her glasses and it seriously would NOT come off *cracks up* and the spot was there for days. I guess it eventually faded out/went away. lol So hopefully your mystery spot will go away. And I'm so jealous of people that can wear sunglasses, cause I always LOVED sunglasses and wore them all the time. Now I wear regular glasses and can't go without them, so sunglasses are out of the question. And I'm scared to get contacts cause my eyes are very sensitive..well no, I'm just scared. I really would like lasik..but I'm reallly scared of that. Anyone on here have that done? Please share your story...honestly!

captain bill said:
may i suggest prescription sunglasses?
Yea, true. I'm just so used to goin to the mall or somewhere and seeing racks of all these really cute sunglasses. Like cute fancy ones with rhinestones and what not. I've never really looked at them in a real glasses place. I always tend to think that there aren't any "cute" ones at those kind of places. But yea I guess I'd have to check some places out first

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Liv Tyler is an actress. She played Arwen Undomiel in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. She's the daughter of Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler. She was also the female lead in Armageddon.

ImaDougaholic24_7 said:
Yea, true. I'm just so used to goin to the mall or somewhere and seeing racks of all these really cute sunglasses. Like cute fancy ones with rhinestones and what not. I've never really looked at them in a real glasses place. I always tend to think that there aren't any "cute" ones at those kind of places. But yea I guess I'd have to check some places out first
Pretty much any frame can be made into sunglasses, and glasses styles are getting very cute/funky/rhinestoney again so you might be able to find something you like. They also have frames with the magnetic sunglasses attachment -- very cute, when they're on you can't even tell, as opposed to the dorky clip-on ones. Lastly, I know a lot of people who swear by the transition lenses (I also know a few people who hated them).

Boy, I hate it when I get these insomnia spells. The past few nights I have gotten no more than a few hour's worth of sleep. I just lie in bed and toss and turn. Nothing I have tried so far has helped. This happens to me once in a while, then I am just fine. And wouldn't you know that this spell just manages to happen when I'm about to go camping this weekend and need to be rested and healthy? Excellent timing. Someone recommended trying Tylenol PM, I will try that one tonight.

Black cats are hard to find in the dark.

My husband didn't properly secure the porch door yesterday, and my kittens managed to escape. Our neighbor's grandson was able to help us find Musashi, but we could find Masako. I found her this morning in the backyard.

Thanks for the prayers, 7th - they worked!

arwen undomiel said:
Black cats are hard to find in the dark.

My husband didn't properly secure the porch door yesterday, and my kittens managed to escape. Our neighbor's grandson was able to help us find Musashi, but we could find Masako. I found her this morning in the backyard.

Thanks for the prayers, 7th - they worked!
Yikes!! I am so glad you found your two adorable kitties. I have two also, and I can't imagine how scary and worrisome it would be if they got lost. Those cats can be very crafty escape artists when they want to. Fortunately the two I own now don't seem to be at all interested in learning about the great outdoors-probably because they've been indoor cats all their lives. My former, late calico Minerva, however, was the ultimate escape artist. She was very lucky that she never ended up being hit by a car or anything else dangerous.

ImaDougaholic24_7 said:
LMAO. Sorry Captain, I have no idea how to get spots out of sunglasses. I find it funny though only because..to make a long story short..about 5 yrs ago our lunch table at school got into a mini "food fight" and I threw a kernel of corn at my friend and it hit the lens of her glasses and this little bead thing from the corn got stuck on her glasses and it seriously would NOT come off *cracks up* and the spot was there for days. I guess it eventually faded out/went away. lol So hopefully your mystery spot will go away. And I'm so jealous of people that can wear sunglasses, cause I always LOVED sunglasses and wore them all the time. Now I wear regular glasses and can't go without them, so sunglasses are out of the question. And I'm scared to get contacts cause my eyes are very sensitive..well no, I'm just scared. I really would like lasik..but I'm reallly scared of that. Anyone on here have that done? Please share your story...honestly!
u should get contacts..I was scared also of getting contacts..actually I was scared to touch my eye or put anything in it but eventually u get used to it...when I first got contacts it took me about 5 min. to put one in..lol..but they're really comfortable :)

T

thesanityannex

get the contacts you can wear for a month without taking them out, they are super comfortable and not a hassle to do every morning.

kingsgurl87 said:
u should get contacts..I was scared also of getting contacts..actually I was scared to touch my eye or put anything in it but eventually u get used to it...when I first got contacts it took me about 5 min. to put one in..lol..but they're really comfortable :)
I've been thinking about getting contacts, but I am also a big chicken about sticking something in my eye everyday, it just does not sound like something I want to do, but I am SICK of glasses...

have u ever touched the white part of ur eye? take ur finger and touch the white part of ur eye..it doesn't hurt or anything...it's jus like putting in contacts...u don't really feel anything

^no thanks..heh...I once tried to put in my moms free trial pair contacts before...didnt go over very well it took me forever to get 1 in and even then I never got the other one in...though I will say that it was pretty awesome cuz you really don't feel a thing (I know I sound like one of those corny acuvue contact lense commercials)...

Sometime down the line I think I'm gonna get the eye sugery but for now I enjoy just flippin on a pair of glasses...

Whoa! Its thundering out here and my dog is shaking like a leaf...she hates the hard, loud crackling thunder...she thinks someone is gonna get her or something...heh