There is no topic

arwen undomiel said:
ta-daaaa!!!

One year, 0 minutes and 48 seconds. 6570 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,396.13. Life saved: 3 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, 30 minutes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You gave yourself more life! so very, very proud of you.

Just sittin' here day-dreamin' and had to let you all know.

What am I day-dreamin' about ..... well

going to Ohio in a few days for my wife's HS reunion ...
leaving my 16 year-old son HOME ALONE for 4-days (we've had our talk)
how hot it's gonna be tomorrow
how hot it is right now
how hot it's gonna be while I go for my evening walk with my wife
wonder what our King's are gonna be doin' in a few days (July 22nd)
really like the new Hummer-3
going out on the lake tomorrow evening

I'll stop for now .... I day-dream alot ... this could never end

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
arwen undomiel said:
ta-daaaa!!!

One year, 0 minutes and 48 seconds. 6570 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,396.13. Life saved: 3 weeks, 1 day, 19 hours, 30 minutes.
YOU ARE DA BOMB!

My numbers are: 6M 2W 1D 2m 22s, 5850 cigarettes not smoked, saving $734.85. Live saved: 2W 6D 7h 30m :D

6mo! 1/2 way! WTG 6th!!!!!

watched SG1, Atlantis and the 4400 I missed last week all last night....I"m SUCH a happy woman! They were great! Dead Zone and 4400 again tonight--YEAAA!!! weekend shows worth watching.

I've been thinking (a dangerous prospect at best)....

Our beloved Goodwill Ambassador will celebrate 1 year smoke free in January. About the same time, I'll be at about 18 months. This sounds like something I can use as an excuse to party! It might be a good occasion for another KingsFans meet 'n greet. Let's wait until the schedules come out, and maybe start planning something in December!

And if for any reason we can't make that happen, keep a date open on your calendar 6th, as I will be coming to town to wine and dine you in celebration!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
arwen undomiel said:
I've been thinking (a dangerous prospect at best)....

Our beloved Goodwill Ambassador will celebrate 1 year smoke free in January. About the same time, I'll be at about 18 months. This sounds like something I can use as an excuse to party! It might be a good occasion for another KingsFans meet 'n greet. Let's wait until the schedules come out, and maybe start planning something in December!

And if for any reason we can't make that happen, keep a date open on your calendar 6th, as I will be coming to town to wine and dine you in celebration!
You are on, my friend!!

I %&*()$* HATE this weather. As long as I've lived here, I can't get used to it.

Its unpleasant.

And, everytime some perky little woman in a sundress walks up to me and says, "Don't you just love summer?" It edges me ever-so-slightly closer to homicidal.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
GoGoGadget said:
And, everytime some perky little woman in a sundress walks up to me and says, "Don't you just love summer?" It edges me ever-so-slightly closer to homicidal.

If you should ever be accused of such a crime, just remember you were up here in the forest helping me make Kings uniforms for all the minions at the time the alleged event occured.

;)

VF21 said:
If you should ever be accused of such a crime, just remember you were up here in the forest helping me make Kings uniforms for all the minions at the time the alleged event occured.
I'll keep that in mind.

If it doesn't work as an alibi, certainly spending time in the mountains sewing uniforms with which to clothe furry minions would add credibililty to any insanity plea.

:p

arwen undomiel said:
I went and did it - I joined a gym today. I've been putting it off for a while, but finally did it. I meet with a trainer for a fitness eval on Sunday. He should have a challenge trying to design a program for me - I know I need to push some cardio in order to strengthen my heart, but I'm afraid of trying to push too hard too fast. I guess we'll just play it ear. I'm open to any advice any of our resident fitness nuts might have to offer, as this is new territory for me, and outside my comfort zone.
Yoga!! It's the best exercise I've found in a while. It works on flexibility, strength, stamina, toning, and peace of mind.

the bad news - I have never been this sore in my life.

the good news - at this time last year, I couldn't climb a flight of stairs. Today, I went mano a mano with the stairmaster and managed 20 minutes.

where's my bottle of motrin?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
arwen undomiel said:
the bad news - I have never been this sore in my life.

the good news - at this time last year, I couldn't climb a flight of stairs. Today, I went mano a mano with the stairmaster and managed 20 minutes.

where's my bottle of motrin?
My dear friend, I remember all to well how scarey it was for you last year. I am so very thankful that you have come through with flying colors (well, except for the muscle soreness).

Somebody find the mortrin for arwen.

GoGoGadget said:
I %&*()$* HATE this weather. As long as I've lived here, I can't get used to it.

Its unpleasant.

Gadget, you have just perfectly summarized how I felt about Sac summers when it got unbearably HOT before I moved away.

I haven't looked at this thread in FOREVER and decided to pop in and read some of the posts...you guys are hilarious!! I had quite a giggle at your posts, so I'll have to remember to check in to the no topic thread more often to add my two cents!

is it just me or does anyone else find firecrackers and all that sort of thing annoying way after the 4th of July? Fireworks are pretty and I don't mind those..but the other things that just make the loud bangs and booms and crackles are so annoying! Especially when someone does it constantly! One night I thought it was lightening really bad cause i saw flashes of PURPLE and wierd colors. I know lightning isn't purple but I had no idea what it was cause i'd see flashes through the crack in between the curtains and I was gettin scared for a moment cause it was really weird looking. Come to find out these kids were doin firecracker things right in front of our window! Another MORNING, I woke up to kids doing things with loud banger things out in the back yard that woke me up out of good sleep, and the smoke from them was coming directly into my window and it had that sulferish smoke smell which made me nautious in the morning. Ok first off the kids were like 5 and 6 and weren't even being supervised! and it was 9AM! Oo that pissed me off. Another NIGHT I had just dozed off and BAM BOOM BANG BANG! I jumped up cause it scared me half to death. Once again, kids right out front doin them. Then it stopped for a while and just as I dozed off again, they went off again! And I was so comfortable too. It woke my mom up too and she had to come down and tell them to do them across the street or somewhere else cause they were in OUR front yard. And someone is doing them right now. But every single night I hear them. Soo annoying!

Since weeks before the 4th and until now people have been consistently setting off fireworks in my neighborhood. Were doing it about ten minutes ago actually. I've begun to ignore it, assuming it will go away in a month probably.

My 2 kittens have turned into prodigious leapers. They're learning the house rules right now, so we keep them confined to the living room when they're inside. My husband built a 4-foot high 3-panel folding screen we use to block off that room. Yesterday they were inside, and I left the room to see to some laundry. I heard one of them scrabbling at the screen, but when I turned around to see, I found Musashi hanging from the top as if he was doing chinups! He did it again seconds later. When I came back down the hall after putting some laundry away, I found Masako-chan SITTING on top of the screen. If they ever have cat olympics, I'm entering these two!

My cats are approaching nine years old, but when they were kittens, the shorthair was quite the acrobat. One day I walked into the living room and found her just as happy as a clam atop a 7' bookcase. Several times over the next couple weeks, I'd come home to find her sleeping there, but could never figure out how she made it. Then one night she decided to make her ascent while I was watching TV -- she just lept straight at the side of the bookcase, made it to about the halfway point, and climbed right up the side until she reached the top.

Had I looked for the tiny little claw marks in the oak, it probably wouldn't have taken me quite so long to figure out how she was getting up there.

I woke up at 7:50 AM by my own free will for the first time since I was a young kid. I think I'll eat this ''breakfast'' and then go back to sleep and wake up around 2PM.

-college student