The Salt Mine

This might actually be the worst call I've ever seen (aside from Bibby's nose fouling Kobe's elbow).

Note that he called the foul not on the Looney pic nav... but on... getting shoved by Curry.

If anything that should be a push off by Curry.
I have no idea how the league office doesn't look at that call and immediately have a meeting with that official. That was ridiculous.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Ja Morant -- who has played all of 8 games so far this season and was recently seen on a witness stand pleading self-defense for assaulting a 17 year old while DeAaron Fox was earning multiple Western Conference player of the Week awards -- has almost 80,000 more All-Star votes than DeAaron Fox.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Neither is going to get voted in as a starter but is Morant even eligible based on games played?
He's on the ballot, which is something I don't understand. The NBA recently changed their rules, requiring 65(?) games played in order to be eligible for postseason awards. I don't know why they didn't do the same thing for the All-Star game. Morant's not even going to have the opportunity to play twenty games before the voting deadline, he shouldn't even be on the ballot. If fans want to vote for him, they should make them have to write him in.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He's on the ballot, which is something I don't understand. The NBA recently changed their rules, requiring 65(?) games played in order to be eligible for postseason awards. I don't know why they didn't do the same thing for the All-Star game. Morant's not even going to have the opportunity to play twenty games before the voting deadline, he shouldn't even be on the ballot. If fans want to vote for him, they should make them have to write him in.
yeah knowing the rule changes I assumed that he'd be ineligible but I guess they were just end of season awards, makes no sense.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Those Golden State fans have been spoiled by preferential treatment from the officials for so long that they can't handle not having it. The highlight video for this game on Youtube is just wall to wall with Warriors fans complaining that the Kings, the Sacramento Kings, were getting every call in their favor. Can you imagine if they actually got the kinds of calls and non-calls that we've been getting for the last 30 years? Their heads might explode.

I don’t want to hear anything from warriors about pushing off. First, draymond, always. 2nd Steph shoves w his off arm and all his drives, he chucked a kind defender in an open court drive in the 2nd. It was egregious. 3rd. Klay is the most physical 2 guard in the NBA, it’s worse now that his athleticism has declined. 4. Looney just shoves everyone with his lower half.