The one AND ONLY "Fire Adelman" thread for 05-06

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BigWaxer said:
To be honest I would be unhappy with the Maloofs if they didn't give him the full season, he has earned it... I doubt a new coach will make a difference with the team as constructed so I say let him play it/coach it out.
I agree, but I guess we're showing our age or something.

There's a certain strata of fan that is entirely about "what has he done for me lately?" They don't seem to understand that the coach can only do so much, and that players are equally responsible - if not more so - for what happens on the court.

I'm willing to be they weren't here for the Motta, St. Jean or even Russell eras.

;)

VF21 said:
A new coach doesn't necessarily mean a new direction, especially when your problem goes MUCH DEEPER than the coaching staff.

I'm sure the Adelman era is coming to an end, but I'm not going to celebrate. Rick Adelman put this franchise on the map and got them further than any other coach had ever dreamed.

If you want a change, then look to the players first. No matter what coach you bring in, we are still going to have glaring weaknesses on our bench and deficiencies in our starting five that changing the name on the coach's door won't correct.

Yes, Adelman will be gone sooner or later... And the change could go either way. New coach, new direction could very easily mean out of the playoffs completely for the first time since 1999 and I'm certainly not looking forward to it.
Well changes in coaches also usually mean changes is personel. I don't think people realize that with a new coach a lot of our "favorite" players may be headed to the door. Makes you think about things differently.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It became a matter of "when" the day this season started... And he's gonna take the blame for so much crap that simply isn't his fault.

VF21 said:
It became a matter of "when" the day this season started... And he's gonna take the blame for so much crap that simply isn't his fault.
Yes, but so do all coaches. Was Mooch really the reason that the Lions sucked? Of course not, but we all know that that's how sports work.

VF21 said:
I agree that he will take the hit for a lot of stuff that isn't his fault. Personally, I think he's looked unhappy/mad since the PJ stuff last summer. And, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if RA would like to be fired and out of this sorry situation. There is absolutlely nothing he is going to gain coaching this team anymore, except blame, deserved or not.

And fans better not act surprised when we end up with a much worse coach. Not many coaches (if any) still coaching and available are going to be as good as RA.

I agree that Adleman will take the fall for this team - deserved or not. It always seems easiest to blame the coach. Now, my question is: After he is gone, who are we going to blame?:confused:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At this point, I think firing Adelman might be considered a mercy firing...

I'd like to see them find a retired drill sergeant who has a voice like marbles in a blender and an attitude to match. I want him to make Pop look like Pollyana.

I have lost patience with this team that I love. And if I'm this fed up, imagine how the guys feel who are writing the paychecks.

I cannot help but feel something is about to happen...and it's not gonna be pretty.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
chelle said:
I agree that Adleman will take the fall for this team - deserved or not. It always seems easiest to blame the coach. Now, my question is: After he is gone, who are we going to blame?:confused:
Whoever it was that thought getting gold uniforms and putting a big bleeping statue of a number outside Arco was the key to success.

Lord. I think I'm gonna hurl...

VF21 said:
Whoever it was that thought getting gold uniforms and putting a big bleeping statue of a number outside Arco was the key to success.
As a side note, I was at our local sports fan store today and all of the gold stuff was gone...I mean GONE...nothing. None of the new gold alternates? Before Christmas? I sincerely doubt they sold out, so...where did they go? Has anyone else seen this?

chelle said:
I'll put my nod in for the guys running the Kings telecast, what was up with that Sammy Davis Candyman thing. If I never see another game on CSNET, I'll be happy.

BigSong said:
I'll put my nod in for the guys running the Kings telecast, what was up with that Sammy Davis Candyman thing. If I never see another game on CSNET, I'll be happy.
Omigod, wasn't that BAD!:eek: (altho I want to watch my Kings on TV. Maybe turn down the sound.;)

D-Mass said:
As a side note, I was at our local sports fan store today and all of the gold stuff was gone...I mean GONE...nothing. None of the new gold alternates? Before Christmas? I sincerely doubt they sold out, so...where did they go? Has anyone else seen this?
They sold out because they're so good and only people on this board hate them. :p

chelle said:
Must be nice living in your world. Not sure why you don't think the head coach should be canned from an underachieving team that stopped listening to him about 2 years ago..:rolleyes:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Half of me wants to see this team play even worse under a new coach (which I honestly believe it will, anyway), just to see who Ryle hangs the blame on then...

Ryle said:
Must be nice living in your world. Not sure why you don't think the head coach should be canned from an underachieving team that stopped listening to him about 2 years ago..:rolleyes:
from your perspective I suppose Petrie should be fired too.:cool:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ryle said:
Not everyone lives in fairy tale land where the Kings are always wonderfully talented and held down by that awful ogre of a coach. While you've been busy complaining all Rick has done hiswin more games than any coach in the league other than Pop.

We just like to terminally overrate our teams around here, leading to much squawking about bad power rankings, disrespect, and how the hell could the coach let this happen. Meanwhile the rest of the world looks at our mismatched roster, lack of athletes, lack of star players, defenders, shotblockers, rebounders and goes "not good".

Time may have come, or it may not, but its certainly not because Rick has been holding back a pack of fearsome lions that Geoff has assembled.

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
Not everyone lives in fairy tale land where the Kings are always wonderfully talented and held down by that awful ogre of a coach. While you;ve been busy complaining all Rick has done has win more games han any coach in the league other than Pop.

We just like to terminally overrate our teams around here, leading to much squawking about bad power rankings, disrespect, and how the hell could the coach let this happen. Meanwhile the rest of the world looks at our mismatched roster, lack of athletes, lack of star players, defender, shotblockers, rebounders and goes "not good".

Time may have come, or it may not, but its certainly not because Rick has been holding back a pack of fearesome lions that Geoof has assembled.
Oh yes, I forget.....Adelman should be in the hall of fame and is the best coach in the league behind Pop.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
Not everyone lives in fairy tale land where the Kings are always wonderfully talented and held down by that awful ogre of a coach. While you've been busy complaining all Rick has done hiswin more games than any coach in the league other than Pop.

We just like to terminally overrate our teams around here, leading to much squawking about bad power rankings, disrespect, and how the hell could the coach let this happen. Meanwhile the rest of the world looks at our mismatched roster, lack of athletes, lack of star players, defenders, shotblockers, rebounders and goes "not good".

Time may have come, or it may not, but its certainly not because Rick has been holding back a pack of fearsome lions that Geoff has assembled.
And that is the TRUE state of the Kings right now.

But, of course, it's just so much easier to put all the blame on Adelman. So much less actual thinking that way...

D-Mass said:
Wow! Thank you, Santa! I've gotten my wish. Now if that stupid bleeping giant 6 disappears, I'll truly believe!!!

:D

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ryle said:
Oh yes, I forget.....Adelman should be in the hall of fame and is the best coach in the league behind Pop.
this may come as a shock to you, but he's got a shot, not only at the hall, but at passing up some old coach named Red something or other before he's through.