The one AND ONLY "Fire Adelman" thread for 05-06

S

Smart_guy3

I'm a big Adelman supporter but, I also think it's time to get rid of him I apperciate the things Rick did for this franchise since taking over the team but I think it's time for this Organization to go to a different direction just like they did with the team. again no offence but IMO it's the best thing we can do I think we need a new look for this team we're rebuilding and I think it's best for us and the Kings.

This team needs to have a new look there going to a different direction why not just get a new coach and go from there? I like Rick but IMO his time is up as this franchise is going to a different direction Geoff should realize getting a new coach would also make good sence.

Just dropping my 0.2 cents.

T

thesanityannex

had we won the first two games, this thread would be about a contract extension right?

Adelman is trying to harness the talent the best that he can. I'm still a big Adelman supporter. Who do you think can coach the Kings better? I can't think of anyone right now. Isn't it a little early in this season to be accessing how Adelman is doing as a coach? Let's face it - Peja and Mike are both seem to be having problems. Why does this fall on Adelman? It's going to take a while for this new team to gel. Give it a chance. Sheesh.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yep. Two games into the season. First "Fire Adelman" thread. Not sure who had the over/under on this one?

But not to worry, if my reading of the tea leaves is right Rick is going to save us the trouble next summer and he's going to fire US. So likely only one more of these awful 50 win seasons to endure under his watch one way or the other.

Last edited:
T

thesanityannex

It's Adelman's fault. He broke the mirror in the Kings locker room and gave the team seven years of bad luck. On top of that, he owns seven black cats, which walk in front of him daily while he passes under his ladder in the living room.

thesanityannex said:
It's Adelman's fault. He broke the mirror in the Kings locker room and gave the team seven years of bad luck. On top of that, he owns seven black cats, which walk in front of him daily while he passes under his ladder in the living room.
If we are going to blame anyone for the Kings' anemic gameplay, we should look no further than good ol' Charles Barkley. Didn't he curse us Opening Night by predicting that the Kings will win the Pacific Conference Title?!?!?!

Darn, now I wish I would of thought of creating a betting pool on how long it would take for the first Fire Adelman thread of the season....

T

thesanityannex

Barkley could only be blamed for this year though, and Reggie Miller picked the Kings also, so the luck karma would be a wash. It's the mirrors fault. I'm sure of it, I have sources you know.

S

Smart_guy3

I'm not, blameing Adleman for the first 2 loses I'm usually talking about the future I think it's time for this team to go to a different direction (coaching wise).

If you fire Adelman, then you must either have another experienced, and established coach to bring in after him, or you go into rebuild mode. I don't think the Kings are at a point of going into rebuild mode, Petrie obviously thinks they are a move or two away from contending. That means that you only fire Adelman if you have another solid coach that you can bring in to replace him. I don't think the chances of that are very high, hence... don't fire Adelman.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hello? SMART guy? His name is ADELMAN. Sorry, but if you're going to suggest throwing him to the lions, you might want to at least get his name right.

Go ahead. Lobby to get him fired. It's par for the course for at least a few members every year... you know, every year when - despite virtually insurmountable odds - the team manages to somehow pull 50+ wins out of a hat?

Go in a different direction? Fire Rick Adelman right now and we'll go in a different direction alright. Maybe, if we're really lucky, we could talk Garry St. Jean into returning.

Good lord...

SG3,

In your initial post you mention your desire for the Kings to go in a 'different direction' three times in two paragraphs.

You havent given any clues as to what course you would wish to see that direction take.

You may well be correct in that the team could enjoy more success with a different coach, but unless you can extol the virtues that you woud like him / her to possess compared to our current incumbent in the job then its difficult to either agree or disagree.

thesanityannex said:
Boy, I haven't laughed so hard in quite awhile.
Thanks man

And yeah, "Adleman" is the worst coach in the history of the world. :rolleyes:

S

Smart_guy3

VF21- I'm not taking away anything from Rick but the team needs to go to a different direction in terms of coaching wise. this team needs a new look Rick's time as a King's coach IMO have been done. It's good for this franchise there going to a different direction it would make sence from both sides.

VF21, "Maybe, if we're really lucky, we could talk Garry St. Jean into returning."

Man, did I love seeing that guy throw his famous temper tantrums on the sidelines!

Fire RA, please people, let’s not go crazy here. WE are Kings Fans, act like it (it's almost as if you've never been disappointed by this team before). We have a long home stand coming up; we'll regroup.

Don't hold up a cigarette lighter in a movie theater and yell FIRE!!!!!!

Smart_guy3 said:
VF21- I'm not taking away anything from Rick but the team needs to go to a different direction in terms of coaching wise. this team needs a new look Rick's time as a King's coach IMO have been done. It's good for this franchise there going to a different direction it would make sence from both sides.
Who should we hire?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Smart_guy3 said:
It would make sense? From what perspective? Losing is good???

The team HAS a new look which you've apparently missed. SAR, Bonzi, Garcia, Hart, Price, Sampson...

I've reread the majority of your posts and there doesn't seem to be very much you're happy about.

Feel free to lobby for Adelman's departure. We'll agree to disagree. Just promise not to continually start new threads about it...

In fact, I'm going to change your title so we won't have to suffer more than one of these.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Feel free to lobby for Adelman's departure. We'll agree to disagree. Just promise not to continually start new threads about it...

I second that

DavisAggie said:
VF21, "Maybe, if we're really lucky, we could talk Garry St. Jean into returning."

Man, did I love seeing that guy throw his famous temper tantrums on the sidelines!

Fire RA, please people, let’s not go crazy here. WE are Kings Fans, act like it (it's almost as if you've never been disappointed by this team before). We have a long home stand coming up; we'll regroup.

Don't hold up a cigarette lighter in a movie theater and yell FIRE!!!!!!
That is not good enough. I wonder what Rex Hughes is doing these days.
What about the following ...

Eddie Jor....oh sorry he already has a job
Sonny Allen
Maura McHugh
Bill Russell no longer works for the Celtics
Jerry Reynolds can coach and talk about the team at the same time :rolleyes:

RIDICULOUS!!!!

O

ONEZERO

I don't we should fire him either, but his time is up. He won't get the extention. He won't get another chance. This team cannot run his offense or even carril's offense. This team is going in a different direction and its gonna start with getting rid of adelman at seasons end to start our different path as a franchise. Then again, I have no idea who to replace him with. Let petrie figure that one out.

T

thesanityannex

PATIENCE?????????

There are ONLY 80 games left in the regular season. We need to do something now, something drastic, something outrageous. Here is what I propose, it is very different, so some here may think it is inconcievable, but it could quite possibly work. The big change here is going from Powerade to Gatorade. I know, I know..........powerade gives you power, but gatorade has a new secret ingredient that prolongs stamina and helps players recover faster. This would definitely give the kings the edge they need, along with the identity they've been searching for.

What coach would you bring in? I mean good coaches like Adelman are not easy to find. We would have to go with a has been coach or a new collegiate type.
Let's ride this year out and see if there any other highly trained coaches left out there.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
PATIENCE?????????

There are ONLY 80 games left in the regular season. We need to do something now, something drastic, something outrageous. Here is what I propose, it is very different, so some here may think it is inconcievable, but it could quite possibly work. The big change here is going from Powerade to Gatorade. I know, I know..........powerade gives you power, but gatorade has a new secret ingredient that prolongs stamina and helps players recover faster. This would definitely give the kings the edge they need, along with the identity they've been searching for.
But what FLAVOR of Gatorade? The original lemon-lime? One of the red ones? Or perhaps the blue???? If you're going to make these kinds of proposals and expect any kind of validation at all, you have to give the details!!! This is REAL and not just some video game, you know.

T

thesanityannex

Gatorade has now started to combine flavors in their drinks. This is what provides the game winning formula. Say for example you were to take a yellow gatorade, known for its stamina qualities, and you were to mix it with a blue gatorade, which is known for the courage it instills, the end result would be a green gatorade fashioned for players like Peja who seem to fizzle out during the end of games. You definitely wouldn't want to see bonzi drinking the blue gatorade, he would be out of control. Bonzi would be best hydrated with a mixture of orange gatorade (smarts) and tropical (calming). Its not all about one particular flavor, more about finding the right combonation of flavor for a certain players needs

Last edited by a moderator: