The Official SPOILERS 2022 NBA Draft Thread

KF.com Existential Dread-ometer

• 51-70 (The house is on fire)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the point is Monte takes limited risk. For example we likely could have traded 4 for 5 and Grant but probably held out for Bey and got nothing. Yet another failed trade for Monte.
and maximum risk = Bagley over Doncic

but also not picking the "consensus" guy at 4 is low risk and middle management even though it would seemingly also put his job in jeopardy if he whiffs.

I am pretty sure Kings GM job is no-win no matter what with some of y'all

but also not picking the "consensus" guy at 4 is low risk and middle management even though it would seemingly also put his job in jeopardy if he whiffs.

No, dude. It's not who Monte picked. It's a failure to squeeze additional assets after getting gifted the #4 pick.

Man I don’t know, I feel like this was the draft where moving up didn’t really help up since I feel like pistons and pacers got steals in ivey and mathurin and we didn’t leverage our position knowing we didn’t want ivey.

I hope Murray is the guy and I’m wrong we passed on bpa…. I don’t think our fan base can take much more… this place is gonna be a ghost town if Murray is a bust and ivey blows up

Don’t think Bagley was his pick. Also I haven’t criticized the pick and said it wasn’t low risk. This pick is definitely a wait and see pick and we desperately need wings.

I did say pro and con this pick is likely to define Monte given he went against the grain. I’m not a Monte fan but not against this pick.

No, dude. It's not who Monte picked. It's a failure to squeeze additional assets after getting gifted the #4 pick.
which assumes Detroit didn't want Murray or wouldn't have picked him if we picked Ivey. Murray was obviously our guy and was going top 5 I ain't mad. y'all are ridiculous. I wanted a haul too but I still wanted the right player first and foremost.

Don’t think Bagley was his pick. Also I haven’t criticized the pick and said it wasn’t low risk. This pick is definitely a wait and see pick and we desperately need wings.

I did say pro and con this pick is likely to define Monte given he went against the grain. I’m not a Monte fan but not against this pick.
I was speaking in general about Bagley because to me picking Ivey would be closer to picking Bagley than picking Murray was. You're buying into untapped potential rather than what you already see.