The Official SPOILERS 2022 NBA Draft Thread

KF.com Existential Dread-ometer

• 51-70 (The house is on fire)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Guy comes in a year and a half ago with a defensive mindset, hires defense minded coach, and selects best two way player on the board at premium NBA position within 1 spot of where he has been mocked all year but it's the owner's pick? I just don't get it.

Vivek is the one who will be here in two years if they get this wrong, you would think the owner would always want to draft the media hype guy and the basketball minds say "no, this guy is the one we need" ... but I dunno, I'm also in the Vlade/BW picked Bagley not Vivek camp. Most people blame Vivek for every bad thing to happen here and I only blame him for about half of it.
Yeah, I think agree on that, I think people put it on Vivek in ways that depict him actually being aware of more than he actually is. It was that Nik rocks video that did him in, but clearly they were all into Nik.

Unbelievable take in 2022. Bagley had huge flaws and every credible evaluator could see he will never be a star level player by his actual impact, even being a starter level player was very questonable. After four years you would expect people to see this but apparently not
What? Litterally every draft board had him at top 5 min. He was number one rated coming into the season. Google is your friend

People talk about that Bagley pick, yet never mention that mavs wanted either Luca or Bagely, whoever didnt get picked. I swear people act like we reached for the sky's with that guy. He had and still had hella potential. Just injury prone. Like chet will be
What did you think of the PapaG and Justin Jackson picks?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah, I think agree on that, I think people put it on Vivek in ways that depict him actually being aware of more than he actually is. It was that Nik rocks video that did him in, but clearly they were all into Nik.
I say 100% Vivek is at fault for everything up to and including Vlade (and BW and anyone affiliated with those poor decisions). I do think he put too much trust in those people, and he is actually putting trust in Monte. So all we need is to hope Monte got this right.

On the day of the lottery, Mike Schmitz had Keegan Murray as the 4th rated prospect. Schmitz is now working for an NBA front office. When it comes to rating and ranking prospects Mike Schmitz > all the mock draft people and us.

Kings just got better with Keegan Murray. Monte didn’t miss on this pick.
Mike Schmitz has never missed an evaluation, right? Fultz, Toppin...

There are better ways to vouch for a player. This doesn't move the needle.

Lol……keyboard GM and scout sounding off.
Lolzzz. I've watched ten games of Murray. You obviously haven't watched near enough, so instead of giving opinions based on what you've seen, you cite Schmitz. The most keyboard GM on here calling others out.

What? Litterally every draft board had him at top 5 min. He was number one rated coming into the season. Google is your friend
Google some better info on prospects, find better experts you listen or watch some tape yourself. It was extremely easy to see how this Bagley experiment would turn out. If you cant do that and only follow on basic mock drafts then you shouldnt have such strong opinions on this subject

Am I the only one who has no idea what “middle manager things“ are? I can pick up on the negative connotation implied, but not sure I have the appropriate context. Bums me out that maybe everyone’s daily grind kinda sucks?
Mine's quite exciting and fun.