The (apparently) never-ending saga of Antonio Brown (split)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
has Antonio always been this high maintenance? you wouldn't hear much coming out of Pittsburgh until last season really and then this season he is on another level.
As far as I know he only went nuts at the end of his Pittsburgh stint.

And now the Raiders being the Raiders, they’re going to let him play Monday. After he both threatened and called his GM a racial slur. Fine by me, as it will help my fantasy team. But lol Gruden and Raiders.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
As far as I know he only went nuts at the end of his Pittsburgh stint.

And now the Raiders being the Raiders, they’re going to let him play Monday. After he both threatened and called his GM a racial slur. Fine by me, as it will help my fantasy team. But lol Gruden and Raiders.
maybe this video here will help shed some light on what's going on with him on a neurological level

another incident to keep in mind is this one that happened a couple of seasons ago but could be rearing its ugly head now

SLAB

Hall of Famer
ANTONIO BROWN IS A PATRIOT!!!! Yesssssssss

I’ll admit I’m pretty much a bandwagon Patriot fan at this point. I love Thom Brady. I love that they’ve been great for over half of my life. I love how much people hate them and the salt those people cast.

You know he’s going to be a perfect little soldier and win a Super Bowl. And with the Niners a few years out of contention, I’m all for it!

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
maybe Antonio was intentionally trying to sabotage his way out of the Raiders organization and make his way to a NFL Dynasty where he has the opportunity to win a ring. good move by the Raiders in letting him go though, more hassle than the production you get in return

I dont follow the NFL but this seems like an issue the league itself should enforce some disciplinary action.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe Antonio was intentionally trying to sabotage his way out of the Raiders organization and make his way to a NFL Dynasty where he has the opportunity to win a ring. good move by the Raiders in letting him go though, more hassle than the production you get in return
The only ring he will get is from his cell mate.(ok maybe not because it is a civil suit. Still)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27589799/antonio-brown-accused-rape-civil-lawsuit

Antonio Brown accused of rape in civil lawsuit

Antonio Brown has been accused of sexually assaulting his former trainer, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in the Southern District of Florida

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Have to play the wait and see game. Kind of like the Walton situation.

Obviously his current track record gives him a little less benefit of the doubt, but I’m not throwing him in a cell just yet.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Have to play the wait and see game. Kind of like the Walton situation.

Obviously his current track record gives him a little less benefit of the doubt, but I’m not throwing him in a cell just yet.
Even if he's found innocent, those emails don't paint him in a good light. Plus OJ is vouching for him, which probably doesn't help the optics

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Even if he's found innocent, those emails don't paint him in a good light. Plus OJ is vouching for him, which probably doesn't help the optics
I think he’s far past ever being presented in a good light again. At best he’s a psycho. At worst... I just hope it doesn’t come to that.

We’ll see though

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The only ring he will get is from his cell mate.(ok maybe not because it is a civil suit. Still)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27589799/antonio-brown-accused-rape-civil-lawsuit

Antonio Brown accused of rape in civil lawsuit
so his former trainer was a female. I don't see NFL players having females as trainers very often so this may have some legs. Or it may just be another case where this is coming out now because Brown is all ready in the media with all his antics so might as well try to squeeze the juice out this Orange while its still ripe.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Every time I see that Antonio Brown has been accused of something new and despicable, I think to myself, "Who in the world can I possibly rely on to have the ethical and moral standing to give me a thorough, nuanced take on the issues being raised here?" Then I see a video tweeted by a double murderer from a golf course and I say, "Well, not THAT guy."