so is peja back tonight ?

PFFFT!! said:
Well, when your used to resting on Vlade's shoulders for years and hiding in the shadows of Webber, I sort of understand why he's quiet after taking those two guys away and all of a sudden becoming the focal point of an entire city, that and worrying about being held accountable for thousands of Webber fans anger. I think I would have a lot on my mind. Lets hope he clears the obstacles.
I hope he clears them too. A lot of pressure on Pedja now which I understand why.

VF21 said:
And that is still relevant why? Have you looked at the roster? Do you see Vlade? Do you see Christie? Do you see Bobby? Do you see my point?

It's not about Webber any longer. That ship has sailed.

It is about PEJA. You want to continue to re-examine the past, feel free to do so but the past is not going to get us into this year's playoffs.

Peja has to quit being a spectator. He can be a part of the team without ever stepping a foot on the court. Bobby does it all the time.

He got his wish. He is, if he can produce, the last best chance this franchise has this year to do anything other than one round and out. He doesn't have the luxury of simply sitting back and watching as the team reforms into their new identity. He simply can't allow that to happen...
I agree with your points about Peja. Regardless of whether or not he plays, he needs to act like he cares who wins the games! Granted Peja is not going to be as emotional as say, Webb, or Mobley, or one of the guys who wears their hearts on their sleeves, but it would be nice for him to look like he isn't completely bored to death.

I just hope Peja has more desire than he lets show, because we're going to need it. Yeah, most players coming back from an injury are DYING to get back out there and play, it hurts them to sit on the sidelines and not be able to help their team. Look at how long Bobby has been out, but I still sense that he feels that way EVERY game. Does anyone get that seem feeling from Peja, because I don't. It saddens me, but I feel like right now at least, basketball is a job for him, and not much more.

iheartBrad said:
Peja needs to be out there tonight PERIOD.
Why ?

He NEEDS to be out there ... against the Bobcats ?

If the coaching staff felt this is a game where he NEEDED to play, I'm pretty sure Peja's butt would be out there.

Risking to prolong the injury because of a team like the Bobcats is nonsense. Much rather see him in a few games when he's ready to play.

PFFFT!! said:
Well, when your used to resting on Vlade's shoulders for years and hiding in the shadows of Webber, I sort of understand why he's quiet after taking those two guys away and all of a sudden becoming the focal point of an entire city, that and worrying about being held accountable for thousands of Webber fans anger. I think I would have a lot on my mind. Lets hope he clears the obstacles.
he was quiet way before the Webber trade. It's been a season long problem. But yes, I'm sure he is feeling the pressure now, and rightfully so. We need him to step up big time & to play at the level we know he is capable of.

I just want to see the guy play but I have to agree with some of you on this website... he seems more disinterested in playing here than ever. No way he ever had the energy and outward enthusiasm of a Bobby or a Webber, but he is still on this team. I wish I could continue to get paid on the job even on those days when I didn't feel up to it. Let's hope it's more than just a job for him at this point...

People has to understand that Pedja is carefull about his injuries. Ever since he broke his leg in Greece and the trainers told him he was ok. They sent him back on the court to play the rest of the game. That probably did more damage mentally to Pedja then anything. You can see that when it comes to injuries he wants to make sure he is 100% healthy. The injury he had in Greece cost him alot of his atheletic ability. He used to have hops. Look at him now he does not want to risk another career eending injury.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
AleksandarN said:
People has to understand that Pedja is carefull about his injuries. Ever since he broke he leg in Greece and the trainers told him he was ok. They sent him back on the court to play the rest of the game. That probably did more damage mentally to Pedja then anything. You can see that when it comes to injuries he wants to make sure he is 100% healthy. The injury he had in Greece cost him alot of his atheletic ability. He used to have hops. Look at him now he does not want to risk another career eending injury.
Its hardly inspiring to your team when everybody is beat up and going back out there and playing through it, toughing it out whenever they can, and the guy who's susposed to carry you is tip toeing around and insisting on being 100% at all times or he's going to take the night off.

These are just things again crying out "I am not a leader".

Bricklayer said:
Its hardly inspiring to your team when everybody is beat up and going back out there and playing through it, toughing it out whenever they can, and the guy who's susposed to carry you is tip toeing around and insisting on being 100% at all times or he's going to take the night off.

He already did that in Greece and look at what it costs him(think about a more atheletic Pedja). No it is being smart. When it comes to serious or potentially serious injuries.

Bricklayer said:

Freaking pathetic.

Brick, realistically I don't think Peja will ever be a vocal leader. Hes not fit to do that. Let Mobley or Bibby do the talking.

PFFFT!! said:
Brick, realistically I don't think Peja will ever be a vocal leader. Hes not fit to do that. Let Mobley or Bibby do the talking.
I agree with this...it's hard for me to see Pedja being a vocal leader. :/

That's why I consider Bibby more of a leader than Pedja.

Bricklayer said:

yeah, it's not even crying out "I'm a team player." Especially combined with the lack of effort in even cheering for your team or looking interested in the outcomes of the game. I don't know, I thought that Peja would liven up a little after the Webb trade, but so far no sign of that. Back to plan B -- let's bring Vlade back & see if THAT will make Peja happy/interested/involved.:rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
In all fairness, Peja is with bobby, Darius and Brad tonight and they're all at least watching the game and looking supportive.

Bricklayer

PFFFT!! said:
This isn't a vocal leader issue -- I agree he never will be a vocal leader. But if you play through injuries, you hit the floor, you are the first to show up and the first to leave, you step up in the clutch, you can be a leader without ever saying a word. On the other hand if you sit out with every nick, never hit the floor, get outworked, disappear when you're needed -- well then you're nto showing leadership of ANY type.

Bricklayer said:

What he supposes to do? ...Play with injury (on one leg) take 33 jumpers (and make 3), fill his stats sheet and yell around "I am the a leader"...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
starks - Did you READ the thread? Or did you simply see this as an opportunity to take another lame shot at Webber?

Bricklayer said:
This isn't a vocal leader issue -- I agree he never will be a vocal leader. But if you play through injuries, you hit the floor, you are the first to show up and the first to leave, you step up in the clutch, you can be a leader without ever saying a word. On the other hand if you sit out with every nick, never hit the floor, get outworked, disappear when you're needed -- well then you're nto showing leadership of ANY type.
PEja really ticked you off Brick ;) You never used to be this vocal about every flaw Peja has :)

What are the odds Peja plays tommorow?? Seems like iv'e been hearing he'll be back soon before everygame, and then he can't go... still the team needs him! So I think it's like 1 in 10...

VF21 said:
starks - Did you READ the thread? Or did you simply see this as an opportunity to take another lame shot at Webber?
what ? this whole thread is about taking lame shots AT PEDJA and you single that one out... ?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No, I responded to the last post in the thread at the time. I have been busily defending Pedja and keeping people from bashing him in numerous other threads. You might want to check before you jump off assumption cliff...again.

VF21 said:
No, I responded to the last post in the thread at the time. I have been busily defending Pedja and keeping people from bashing him in numerous other threads. You might want to check before you jump off assumption cliff...again.
Being a Moderator on this forum is no joke! At least there will be an marked decrease in the Webber bashing.

VF21 said:
than do something with brick.....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why? He's being honest, as are a lot of people. They are disappointed in Peja and they're expressing it, which is why message boards exist. They're keeping it civil and they're actually bringing up points of concern.

We're keeping the name-calling, blatant player bashing, etc. out of it as much as possible. In fact, we're more than bending over backwards where Peja is concerned because he is still a Sacramento Kings.

People said a lot worse things about Webber while he was a King and I cannot recall you ever stepping to his defense.

The bottom line is that Webber is now a 76er. Pedja is going to have to step up and prove he can be what the TEAM needs him to be. And people need to quit bringing up Webber. It's yesterday's news, especially when you try and compare Pedja now and in the future to Webber in the past.

Bricklayer

starks said:
than do something with brick.....
Feel free to do something about me yourself.

Your task: show how Peja Stojakovic has showed one ounce of toughness or leadership at ANY point this season.

Your restriction: 76er PFs are irrelevant to the argument

Now, since your task is obviously impossible, we'll just call your "doing something" about me session over, and go back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Bricklayer said:
Feel free to do something about me yourself.

Your task: show how Peja Stojakovic has showed one ounce of toughness or leadership at ANY point this season.

Your restriction: 76er PFs are irrelevant to the argument

Now, since your task is obviously impossible, we'll just call your "doing something" about me session over, and go back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Starks don't make him use the stick^. Seriously though we need Tightjeans on the floor, our offense looks pretty bad out there, he will stretch the opp defense and add some serious scoring punch to the lineup. 12 assists tonight? Thats a disgrace.

I am just reading report of the last night games on B92 and there they said that Peja won't be back till the end of the week?! :mad:
This is really ridiculously...