SI: Kings trying to ship out Bibby before trade deadline

And the problem is that Cleveland doesn't have their #1 this year. Forgot who's got it, but its not them. So makes things tough. I would still want Varejao, but in a multiple team deal, a pick from soembody would not hurt.
According to Sheridan's article its the Suns that have Cleveland's #1 pick and he mentions the Suns may be trying to get in on the swap.

(Sheridan thread in "personnel moves")

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Oh, and if we do get Gooden, I would hoep that soemthing is simultaneously announced sending Reef to Chicago for PJ Brown or Reef or KT to New Orleans for an ender and a kid. Because a trio of smallish low grade PFs is no better than a duo.

hearsay at the moment via cavstalk: ric bucher said on espn that "The 4 teams belived to be involved are..Cavs, Kings, Suns, and Bulls"

Oh, and if we do get Gooden, I would hoep that soemthing is simultaneously announced sending Reef to Chicago for PJ Brown or Reef or KT to New Orleans for an ender and a kid. Because a trio of smallish low grade PFs is no better than a duo.

I don't see New Orleans taking Kenny for an expiring, definitely not with a rookie added.

if we trade with Cleveland we need AV out of it

and hopefully we can get in a good position for the free agent market next year. if we were to start rebuilding i certainly wouldn't mind signing Darko. Chauncy would be nice too as a veteran leader

Nope, nobody like that. Mike will be one of the better ones if he opts out. Rashard Lewis, Vince are there, but we have those positions covered. Then its young guys and 2nd tier guys.
Thats no good, unless KG opts out which is unlikely IMHO. In any deal with Cavs I would want Verejao involved, a draft pick and some ending contract. Then during the FA try and sign someone like Darko and give him as much time as possible to develop. Re-sign Verejao and stock up on the kids and build a team that will contend down the track. Not all that happy with Gooden since we are already stacked with mediocre PFs. One more creates more problems than we already have.

Yeah I don't think AV is involved in any deal. I was watching the Cavs game on league pass earlier today to see if there was any discussion about the potential trade.. Ferry was on during the game and said there's 1 untouchable on the team, and AV was about as untouchable as it gets..

Yeah I don't think AV is involved in any deal. I was watching the Cavs game on league pass earlier today to see if there was any discussion about the potential trade.. Ferry was on during the game and said there's 1 untouchable on the team, and AV was about as untouchable as it gets..
Yea he was amazing tonight, did you see that putback dunk? Crazy stuff, i doubt with will part with him, but ya never know, last minute desperation might kick in.

Bricklayer

hearsay at the moment via cavstalk: ric bucher said on espn that "The 4 teams belived to be involved are..Cavs, Kings, Suns, and Bulls"
That would make more sense. Logically the Wolves being involved would be about Mike James as our new PG, and the Suns being involved would be about Marcus Banks as our new PG, so having both does not track (unless James was going to the Suns, or Banks to the Wolves, while we got the other). Meanwhilke the Bulls have PJ Brown's ender, which is one of requirements. Odd structure given that Cle and Chi are division rivals, and so are we and the Suns. Noentheless so then you are talking about:

Brown ender
Pollard ender
Banks
+ whatever else we could scrounge.

Just as a random wishful thinking aside, this package adds up to EXACTLY Mike's $12.5mil:

Brown $8mil (ender)
Banks $3.6mil
Varejao $0.9mil (ender)
#1 (Phx)

If somebody can put that togetehr just do it, do it, and do it, and do not ask questions. ;)

Entity

Hall of Famer
With Chi being involved wouldn't it be more likely of the SAR to them rumor. If so and we do get Gooden who is Cle PF? KT maybe???

Bricklayer

That's ok, if we can get PJs ender thrown into the deal we can then jsut go into this summer with caproom and big more on A.V. then the Cavs can afford to pay. So you won't trade him to us huh Mr. Ferry? Well eat this! :p

Bricklayer

With Chi being involved wouldn't it be more likely of the SAR to them rumor. If so and we do get Gooden who is Cle PF? KT maybe???
They might take back Gooden as that PF. But I agree and was trying to find how SAR could be slipped into the deal for the Bulls. Too many permutations, and guess we'll know if any of them work in about 16 hours or so.

If AV is the only untouchable we must be getting Lebron.....

If anything I hope Bibby goes to the Cavs. Man Bibby would kill if he was teamed up with LeBron. Throw that first rounder in, as well as Gibson, and im in.:D

That would make more sense. Logically the Wolves being involved would be about Mike James as our new PG, and the Suns being involved would be about Marcus Banks as our new PG, so having both does not track (unless James was going to the Suns, or Banks to the Wolves, while we got the other). Meanwhilke the Bulls have PJ Brown's ender, which is one of requirements. Odd structure given that Cle and Chi are division rivals, and so are we and the Suns. Noentheless so then you are talking about:

Brown ender
Pollard ender
Banks
+ whatever else we could scrounge.

Just as a random wishful thinking aside, this package adds up to EXACTLY Mike's $12.5mil:

Brown $8mil (ender)
Banks $3.6mil
Varejao $0.9mil (ender)
#1 (Phx)

If somebody can put that togetehr just do it, do it, and do it, and do not ask questions. ;)

I think I got it, without the pick:

Sacramento outgoing:
Bibby

Sacramento incoming:
Marcus Banks
PJ Brown
Pollard
Verejao

Chicago outgoing:
PJ Brown
Malik Allen

Chicago incoming:
Drew Gooden
Pavlovic

Cleveland outgoing:
Drew Gooden
Verejao
Pollard
Damon Jones
Pavlovic

Cleveland incoming:
Bibby
Malik Allen

Phoenix outgoing:
Marcus Banks

Phoenix incoming:
Damon Jones

Still, I really can't see Cleveland moving Verejao. They really are high on him.

PS: Maybe the Kings could send Pota or Hart to Phoenix to wipe out James Jones' contract for a 1st.

Last edited:
the other thing pheonix's involvement could mean, aside from banks, is one of their three first rounders. talk about the rich getting richer. they don't need ALL of 'em, right?

aparently this guy is very reliable/connected. http://blogs.ohio.com/cavaliers_blog/

Didn't go it to Toronto tonight, my first missed game of the season. But this was no off day, I was working the phones hard. I talked to several organizations and it has become clear the Cavs are going all out as to land Mike Bibby.

In my past dealings with Danny Ferry, I found him to be very calculating and cautious. He didn't want to make a trade unless he was pretty sure he was going to win it. That is the Spurs way. With the Eastern Conference faltering this season and with all sorts of signs that the Kings really just want to rid themselves of Bibby, it seems Ferry has changed his tune. He's willing to make a risky move if he thinks it will make the Cavs contenders. And apparently, he's got Dan Gilbert's backing.

Getting Bibby might slam the Cavs into the luxury tax this season and deep into the tax next year. But there's no doubt the green light has been given. As I've written on numerous occasions, the Kings want Gooden and cap relief. From the people I talked to today, they also want a point guard too. Ferry has been working on it as hard as he can, but so far hasn't been able to get the Kings to bite.

I think the ball is really in Sac's court, they are making this trade to start to rebuild and rid themselves of Bibby and his contract. It will come to them to bend probably.

One thing that is very important here is that Bibby can opt out of his deal in the offseason. Though he might not because he's making big dollars. A huge factor is that Bibby's agent is David Falk, the guy who landed Ferry a 10-year deal back in the day. Trust that Ferry and Falk have talked about it a lot and obviously have a lot of trust built with each other and I'm sure the sides have an understanding about what Bibby's intentions are.

Even if this doesn't get done, remember two things: 1. Ferry worked hard to make a major deal. 2. This might very well get done next summer.

Bricklayer

the other thing pheonix's involvement could mean, aside from banks, is one of their three first rounders. talk about the rich getting richer. they don't need ALL of 'em, right?

aparently this guy is very reliable/connected. http://blogs.ohio.com/cavaliers_blog/
This "wanting of Gooden" thing could become a prominent part of Geoff's epitaph as he gets himself fired while preening atop his self constructed dunghill of ****ty $6mil/yr undersized PFs.

As to the Cavs blogger: I don't get why the Kings would have to "give." If a deal doesn't happen now, we just wait till summer to start on a rebuild. The Cavs on the other hand want to win right now. Seems to me, the Kings should have the upper hand.

Altho we might end up with Gooden, to say the Kings want Gooden? Why? Am I missing something special about him?:confused: That seems ridiculous.

As to the Cavs blogger: I don't get why the Kings would have to "give." If a deal doesn't happen now, we just wait till summer to start on a rebuild. The Cavs on the other hand want to win right now. Seems to me, the Kings should have the upper hand.

Altho we might end up with Gooden, to say the Kings want Gooden? Why? Am I missing something special about him?:confused: That seems ridiculous.
I'm with you regarding Gooden.

Bricklayer

Well given the apparent holdup -- us looking for a PG -- would think it would have to be us "giving" in at least "giving" the go ahead. The Cavs just have never had the pieces on their own roster to get the deal done. So the ball is in our court now. They have already done as much as they can, since I presume we have little interest in their PGs, and they would have little problem sneding us one if we did. SO now its about how picky we get about 3rd party points.