Seattle or Dallas in the first round? (MERGED)

Who would you rather the Kings play in the first round

• Total voters
5th or 6th seed?

Thoughts on the Kings' position in the playoffs? I know this thread has been posted before, but with ESPN reporting an injury to Rashard Lewis and Seattle seeming to struggle a bit lately, I can't help but think that the 6th spot is better for us. Dallas is looking very good, even defensively, and when Dampier comes back they might be tough to beat in the first round.

D-Mass said:
Thoughts on the Kings' position in the playoffs? I know this thread has been posted before, but with ESPN reporting an injury to Rashard Lewis and Seattle seeming to struggle a bit lately, I can't help but think that the 6th spot is better for us. Dallas is looking very good, even defensively, and when Dampier comes back they might be tough to beat in the first round.
As much as I would like to see the Kings knock the Mavs out in the first round, I agree, we do have a better chance against Seattle.

Okay - Okay

I ain't concerned about 5th or 6th ... they ain't goin' nowhere, they'll be there when the season ends and our King's will be there as well.

I just wanna see some GOOD BALL !!! Good team play .... good consecutive quarters ... good rhythm .... GOOD STARTS !!!

I want to see our guys' confidence build ... I wanna see our guys WALK WITH THAT SWAGGER ... know what I mean ???

We got 8 games left .... we don't have time to worry about 5 or 6

Folsom Al said:
I ain't concerned about 5th or 6th ... they ain't goin' nowhere, they'll be there when the season ends and our King's will be there as well.

I just wanna see some GOOD BALL !!! Good team play .... good consecutive quarters ... good rhythm .... GOOD STARTS !!!

I want to see our guys' confidence build ... I wanna see our guys WALK WITH THAT SWAGGER ... know what I mean ???

We got 8 games left .... we don't have time to worry about 5 or 6
Add good 3rd quarters to the list...coming out of halftime a little sluggish has been a big problem this year. But I'm with you...we do need the confidence and swagger. If we get more performances like we got tonight, things will fall into place no matter who we're matched up with.

the fact remains that all of this talk is pretty much pointless. As interesting as it is to discuss which mathcup would suit us better (I'm torn by the way); I seriously doubt that the Kings would want to do anything but win now, they will not be losing games for position. Now if it just so happens that we play hard but houston finishes stronger and we match up against Seattle and pound them, then awesome. But I'd rather finish with a full head of steam then play for position.

seeds do not matter. i think most of us have accepted the fact that this team isn't going to win the whole thing. so 5th or 6th whatever. personally though, i would love for the kings to spoil seattle's hopes at a title. so i go with 6th!! we've played dallas the last 3 years. it's getting stale.

No matter what, the Kings are not a team any team wants to play!

I know dallas does not want to play the Kings, and neither does Seattle.

Don't be afraid of teams and try and position, this was the same discussion as last year when the Kings all but had a #1 seed sewn up then blew the remainder of the season.

If by some miracle brad miller and bobby jackson both make it back, then teams need to be very concerned with the kings.

Remember this is a team that has won 45 games so far, with major injuries and trades.

Never duck from an opponent!

About the only thing the is for sure is that the lakers will not make the playoffs and will win the lottery! (you heard it here first!)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You never duck from an opponent when you think you are dealing from a position of strength. As it is, we'd have missed the playoffs if we played the whole season the way we've played this last month. Our cushion was built up with a different team in the first half of the yar. So right now I am all for ducking, and bobbing and weaving and anything else we can do to stay alive though the first round. #5 or #6...eh, about the same as regards opponents. But am not interested at all in falling to #7 or #8 and running into a true elite team before we have any shot at being organized. There's being brave and then there's being stupid.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
You never duck from an opponent when you think you are dealing from a position of strength. As it is, we'd have missed the playoffs if we played the whole season the way we've played this last month. Our cushion was built up with a different team in the first half of the yar. So right now I am all for ducking, and bobbing and weaving and anything else we can do to stay alive though the first round. #5 or #6...eh, about the same as regards opponents. But am not interested at all in falling to #7 or #8 and running into a true elite team before we have any shot at being organized. There's being brave and then there's being stupid.
Yeah but that "other team" built the cushion by feeding on the bottom feeder teams! I think if this team had started the season in its current form we would be doing at least equal. The fact that this team is even .500 since all the injuries/trades is unbelievable.

I think going to play seattle in the 1st round will be best. I know a lot of people say this discussion is pointless but I think its better for the Kings. I dont think anyone touched on the fact that Brad and Bobby will need a little time to get used to playing and especially Bobby to get used to the new players. I dont think that both those guys will jump into the line up and play their best game the first game back (im sure they will give it 110% still). I hope I'm wrong about that but I think Seattle will give us a little more room for adjustment than Dallas.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I seem to remember having home court in the WCF and we still lost. Since that occured I have pretty much thrown out the idea that you need home court. BRING ON THE SPURS OR SUNS!!!!

OR SONICS!!!!

OR MAVS!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
I seem to remember having home court in the WCF and we still lost. Since that occured I have pretty much thrown out the idea that you need home court. BRING ON THE SPURS OR SUNS!!!!

OR SONICS!!!!

OR MAVS!!!
A not so esteemed former member of this site posted a stat a year or two ago which showed that in NBA history, the home team in Game 7 wins 85% of the time. Pointing to our failure in one series, and an OT game at that with the two time defending champs, is kind of like saying it rained yesterday in Sacramento (if it did) and then concluding that you no longer lived in a warm climate. In fact Sacto's own history underlines the importance of homecourt -- 4 times in 6 years we've been eliminated in a deciding game on the other team's court, and frankly I'm more than a little tired of it.

Last edited:
I would like to see many victories till the end of the reg. season,and the seed isn't so important now.As I said,if we want title we must beat every team!Personally,I still beleve that we can be 4th and have home advantage in 1st round! ;)

why not play a sonics team that has no playoff experience ,personal issues with contracts/playing time,radmonvic serious injury i think , danny "thug" fortson who has some personal problems with the team i hear.

We can beat seattle in 6 games i think , maybe it could stretch to 7 .

I want the kings vs (a new team besides the mavs every year ) .

Kings vs sonics !!!

I don't care who we play. We just have to be winning games going into the playoffs. Suggesting that we lose to gain the 6th seed is crazy. The Kings have to be on a roll going into the playoffs. After the 1st round, the teams are re-seeded. We just have to win one on the road and come back to arco and hold home court. I won't mind playing the Mavs again. We can beat them. the regular season means nothing in the playoffs. Its a new season. The Kings just need to win as many games as possible and start feeling good about themselves going into the playoffs. :)

kingsville said:
why not play a sonics team that has no playoff experience ,personal issues with contracts/playing time,radmonvic serious injury i think , danny "thug" fortson who has some personal problems with the team i hear.

We can beat seattle in 6 games i think , maybe it could stretch to 7 .

I want the kings vs (a new team besides the mavs every year ) .

Kings vs sonics !!!
Rashard Lewis is also out indefintly. Sure he will be back but it sounds like it is one of those injuries that will keep annoying him

I really like the 5 seed. I know that with these guys its a little crazy to look ahead but...... if we are a 6 seed- Seattle,San Antonio if we are a 5 seed- Dallas,Phoenix

I'm not as scared of SA w/o Duncan at 100% but I still think they are the favorites in the west. I want to avoid them as long as possible. Anyone else think that Denver could give SA a run for their $ in the 1st round?

A

AriesMar27

denver nearly took out minny last year..... they could do some damage.... but i hope that they get the suns in the first......

Sac & Hou with 29 losses.

I noticed you guys are tied in the L col with Houston. Sorry if there's already been a post about the same general thing, but who would you rather the Kings face in Rd. 1 - Seattle or Dallas? Why?

* assuming Sac doesn't end up 7th or 8th as Memphis and Denver both have 31 losses.